Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Rogers wasn't much help. They said samsung hasn't provided direction to them on the recall and there are no devices available through device protection anyway so they said be patient. Unfortunately my phone is getting worse by the minute as every time I use the home button the crack spreads further it has now reached the display part.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Japetto

Regardless of what Rogers says, I would go to the Rogers store and show them the damage before it gets any worse.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

A recall is a recall regardless if your device is damaged. The recall isn't out of Rogers pocket. It's Samsung's recall. Your battery is recalled. You need a new phone. That's what you will get.
I Plan to Stick Around

Exactly. I am not bringing phone back because of screen it's because it may explode. They can't replace they battery without compromising the phone do they have to replace the unit all together and it costs rogers nothing. I have heard you may be dealing with samsung anyway and they will ship you new phone and you return old one to them. I think there is still a lot of questions regarding the recall
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Japetto

Just deal with Samsung. The recall is there for the battery and it's a recalled product. So no matter what is going on, its recalled
I Plan to Stick Around

Point of the suggestion is really just CYA since we have no idea yet how this recall will work or any expectations of Note owners.
I Plan to Stick Around

I appreciate the update, however, concerned why I was not notified of any potential issues by Rogers. Bought my new Note 7 only to hear from a 3rd party of the recall. Rogers sends me text messages and notifications on a regular basis, yet when an issue arises, which has the potential to cause physical harm, you choose to say nothing. I find this rather disconcerting, especially when Rogers clearly knows which customers have the new Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones and their contact info. I only found this feed by doing a quick search to see what I could learn. You certainly don’t assume that everyone of your customers reads these forums? I feel that someone dropped the ball on this one, and perhaps were more concerned on your companies end, vice the customers. Customer Trust is hard-earned and easily lost.

I Plan to Stick Around

I must say that this whole situation is kinda pissing me off. SO MUCH MIS-INFORMATION!!!

I just called my Rogers Store where I got my Note 7 (Stouffville) and spoke to the manager, I wanted to know what loaner phone I would be getting while I wait for the replacement Note 7 to come....he tells me that they actually have decided not to go the replacement phone route but the replacement battery route. So I could go in, get a Sony M1 phone for a loaner (ARE YOU KIDDING ME?) and they would send my Note 7 out to get the battery replaced. People in the US are getting S7E as loaners while they wait for the new replacement Note 7's to come back in........I would just use my old Blackberry in this case.

Regardless, this contradicts what we've seen online where Samsung will replace the phone itself so if this is what Rogers is doing I will 100% return it. I don't know if it's Rogers deciding to replace the battery or Samsung saying this is what they are doing.

I am hoping something official will be communicated soon.

I agree with @ProPatria I also don't understand that we have not been contacted by Rogers to tell us that we are potentially using a phone that has an issue, regardless of how small or how many devices have blown up vs how many have sold Rogers should have sent us something.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@JeromeM wrote:

I must say that this whole situation is kinda pissing me off. SO MUCH MIS-INFORMATION!!!

I just called my Rogers Store where I got my Note 7 (Stouffville) and spoke to the manager, I wanted to know what loaner phone I would be getting while I wait for the replacement Note 7 to come....he tells me that they actually have decided not to go the replacement phone route but the replacement battery route. So I could go in, get a Sony M1 phone for a loaner (ARE YOU KIDDING ME?) and they would send my Note 7 out to get the battery replaced. People in the US are getting S7E as loaners while they wait for the new replacement Note 7's to come back in........I would just use my old Blackberry in this case.

Regardless, this contradicts what we've seen online where Samsung will replace the phone itself so if this is what Rogers is doing I will 100% return it. I don't know if it's Rogers deciding to replace the battery or Samsung saying this is what they are doing.

I am hoping something official will be communicated soon.

I agree with @ProPatria I also don't understand that we have not been contacted by Rogers to tell us that we are potentially using a phone that has an issue, regardless of how small or how many devices have blown up vs how many have sold Rogers should have sent us something.

I don't trust just getting my battery replaced,
if not done correctly can damaged the internal seal that give the phone it's IP water resistant rating. 

They can only replace the entire phone and when they do I better not be placed in a queue, because I was #1 on the reservation list so I better get my phone in a timely manner, I refused to wait. They should have them immediately.

I can't even put my screen protector on because it would be poitless to put in on the phone I currently have.

I Plan to Stick Around

@rome1 I feel you, I am not ok with them sending it in for repair, I read somewhere that they couldn't effectively replace the battery which is why we would be getting new devices. I tried to tell the Rogers Store Manager this but it was going to be an argument and I didn't want that.

On my Note 7 I put a really sweet looking Slickwraps wrap on, was "only" $22US but still that was a waste of money.