Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @dale2

Exactly. Some do not see it this way unfortunately...
I Plan to Stick Around

Have a read at this: https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyNote7/comments/518ncu/my_note_7_exploded_first_case_in_australia/

No one thinks theirs would explode..until they do. 15ppm is ONLY the case thus far, 2-3 weeks after release, and does not account for units that haven't exploded. These guys claimed that their units run smooth and never overheated, until the day they blew up.

And the fact is, the situation is bad enough for Samsung to issue a $billion+ worldwide recall. If you want to continue using your phone as is, suit yourself. The risk ain't worth it for most of us.

Oh and by the way, after the recall, there have been cases of people's phones also exploding in their pockets; not charging . If you want source I can link.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I had a change to review some posting behind XDA (well known forum for Android Platform) - came across the following link to verify if IMEI of the Note 7 device is indeed affected: 

http://support-cn.samsung.com/note7checking/en.html 

- this is for Asia Region only, but I am guessing it would be something similar process for the North American Market. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Karthik

Please do not change the title of the thread. Thank you.

Thank you for the link.
I Plan to Stick Around

Link is fine but the info is not there
I Plan to Stick Around

Link is good but it's all in Chinese...... Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I Plan to Stick Around

I can read chinese but the info is not there, it's been removed.
I Plan to Stick Around

What happens if you have damage to the phone? I have a crack spreading from the home button. I have never dropped the phone yet this crack started. I assume that won't matter with the recall. I do have device protection with Rogers though
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Japetto

It should still work as its a recall but as suggested to someone else, contact Samsung Canada and or Rogers directly and ask.

Hello @Japetto,

Any physical damage to the device, including cracks, voids the warranty. You would have to take it into the nearest Rogers store so we could assess the device.

If we find that the crack appears to have formed due to a manufacturing defect, your warranty is still active.

RogersCorey