cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@JeromeM wrote:
This recall is disappointing, just when my device is setup how I want, I got a cool skin applied that's a waste of $30 and battery life lately has been really good too, I don't want to change it but of course I will IF we are really getting "different" devices. I wish they could just tell us if our existing ones were affected or not.

This is what Mobile Syrup is saying: http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/09/02/canadian-carriers-suspend-sales-of-the-galaxy-note-7-following-rec...

While Rogers shared, “After being notified by Samsung that they have stopped selling the Galaxy Note 7 due to reported safety issues, we immediately suspended shipments and sales of the device in all our stores and through our website. Samsung is working on a replacement program and we’ll continue to work with them to ensure the process is seamless for our customers. In the meantime, customers can visit their nearest Rogers store to exchange their Note 7 or get a loaner device.”

I wonder if switching to a S7E would mean I could still keep my Gear Fit 2, trade in credit and SD card + get some credit back on the difference of the phone. Likely not lol

No way I'm getting a loaner phone and then getting another new Note 7 that's way too much setup involved so either wait or switch.

I have the same concern.  It took me 1 full day to set the phone up to what I want and now is working so good. 

I always get the new phone, then transferred all contents/data/files to my new phone, cross check them if I had missed something until 100% sure, then factory reset the old one for sale.  But for this case, I think we need to give back the phone first in order to get a new one.  Do you have a better way to make sure everything can be transferred 100%?  Google and Samsung back up is good but some apps they required seprate back up.  If I forgot and the phone is returned, I have no back up phone to work on.  This recall is a bit painful.  

I also laugh at my friend about their Iphone saying lack of new tech and today they called me and makes fun of me asking if I'm still alive...:(

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
I know, it's bad when iPhone users start to chirp us lol this is no fun for sure but I appreciate that they are taking action even if an extremely small chance that something will happen, shows that they care.

It will not be easy to ensure you have backed up everything, I will be taking screen shots of how I have my screens setup and app folders etc. Hopefully that will help me.

On the plus side for some I bet Samsung will have lots of Refurbished Note 7's for sale once they swap out all the battery's 🙂

robx7fcna
I plan to stick around
Almost 2 pages back Meowmix is asking for a Rogers rep to clarify the recall process yet still no one has responded...

This sucks. Like others, I just got my phone working the way I wanted it, and just got my gear fit 2 on Thursday! I might go pop down to my Rogers plus store and see what they have to say compared the stories I have read on here.

dale2
I plan to stick around
The problem is even the reps don't know cause Samsung hasn't said anything honestly I would trust the info on this forum over any store reps. For some reason Rogers is like the CIA everything is need to know

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @robx7fcna

Yes that is correct but they don't get much information other then what is posted. I noticed all carriers are posting the same exact message but in a different wording. Even the states carriers are doing the same. The information isn't being released from Samsung which is to blame as well. They need to release more information

wpd1
I plan to stick around
As of yesterday, all the major carriers in the USA have determined their recall action plans and communicated publicly.

In Canada, Telus is the only carrier to do the same to date.

Roglebo
I plan to stick around

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Roglebo

Its the same thing that Rogers made a statement to many on here, Facebook and Twitter. They are waiting do more information from Samsung

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

They are waiting for more information from Samsung Canada it seems. Bell is the same as well.

biks21
I plan to stick around

How can I check the status on my free note 7 gift? I applied for it on the 19th. Thank you!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @biks21

Unfortunately there is no way. This is something Samsung is giving out for free thus they don't offer anyone a status ot a page to check it out. U will have to Sadly wait until the shipment email comes in

Karthik_
I plan to stick around
Follow-Up Calls With RogersDirect Department

Hi Guys 🙂

Just wanted to share some concrete information that I received on the business side of Rogers - from a "RogersDirect" representative (who handles all business A/Cs, Corporate A/Cs) 

Basically, this what have been advised by ROGERS to tell its "business" customers:

1. All orders pertaining to Note 7 (buy outright via RogersDirect, H/W upgrade, corporate stores - in store upgrades / purchases outright) can be returned for a full-refund and revert all upgrade changes on specified business/corporate A/Cs - meaning, any outstanding tab balances will be put back, change back the plans to the their previous plans prior to the upgrade (this only applies to Share Everything Plans - all grandfathered plans can not be put back)

2. For those who choose to use Note 7 (or already using it), you can continue to use it until Samsung launches its re-call program - basically, once Samsung advises Rogers what's the procedure is, Rogers will contact all its affected business/corporate customers and will proceed accordingly (now, spectulations is that: if Samsung does a direct recall process - e.g. samsung will have a e-form to fill out existing defective phone details, once successfully verified - they will ship (overnight / next day / or few days delivery options - depending on your area) the replacement phone, and in-turn, expect you to return back the defective phone in a secured package that they will provide (of course, they might place a hold on a credit card to ensure the customer does return the defective device - which is a standard policy across major companies - even Apple does this for their Apple Care + instant H/W replacement programs)

3. As per #2 above, standard Rogers Returning Policy (usage policy, e.g. 15-days, no more than 30 minutes of usage time) will be discarded - just for Note 7 customers only - Basically, the rep said: you can continue to use the Note 7 if you like to, but the rep advised it is not recommended - and when Samsung provides direction to Rogers, then the swap H/W procedure can be carried out (Rogers Rep are advised to discard any usage-based return policies) - only exception: if the Note 7 is damaged due to the "battery fire / explosion" hazard while you do use it, Rogers will not held liable, and you will need to proceed with Samsung for response / recovery / etc.

4. If you are using an "out-right" purchased device, and when the re-call is formailzed between Rogers and Samsung, you can proceed to a corporate store for replacement or call RogersDirect (1-844-776-4377) for replacement request. 

5. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT attempt to repair the device by 3rd party (a.k.a Pacific Mall) as this will void the re-call ; based on original manufactuer's warranty exclusions. At which point, your device will not be elgible for re-call, as the device has been "modified" by 3rd party vendor

6. Any bonus items received by the customer on behalf of Rogers - will need to be returned (minus items supplied by Samsung) e.g. 64 GB SD Card

7. Bonus items acquired thru retail channels (e.g. Best Buy - pre-order offer: 128 GB SD Card, Wireless Charger) will also need to returned back if you proceed to return immeidately. If you wait until re-call process is established, Best Buy (at their discretion) offer additional bonus items,  otherwise, there would be no new bonus items (aside from what Samsung will offer due to this re-call)

Hopefully, this clears up some of the miscommunications going out there.

Thanks.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello

All that was said above as well on the last page as well but thank u 🙂

Most information was posted on Twitter and also on Facebook as well. Samsung Canada will let th carriers know more information when it ones in! Also please don't change the title next time. Thank u 🙂

Karthik_
I plan to stick around

Sorry, forgot to add one more point:

1. Due to the water / liquid protection of these devices - Samsung will not repair these devices, it will be a brand new replacement device. Therefore, any terms referred to "Repair" by Rogers Technical Representatives - is not a repair on the device, is a brand new replacement device.

This is why, when typical repairs are performed on these water / liquid proof devices - usually a replacement is required - as once the device is opened in an non-control/specific environment, it looses all its water/liquid protection standards.

- this is straight answer that I have acquired for Level 2 Technical Support from SAMSUNG CANADA.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Karthik

Yes that is correct as posted on the last pages as well 🙂 again more information will be publicly pushed out in a couple of days. Unfortunately most want to see that. Also coming from a Rogers rep it may not be all correct as it has been shown before. Most want Samsung to come out and say all that instead over a chat basically which i see why.

Karthik_
I plan to stick around

Hi Meowmix,

Yes, I guess we need a new topic (marked as sticky) on the Android Form with official response from ROGERS - based on the information that I was able to obtain (perhaps in a similar formating fashion). 

I just wanted to clarify what's happening, and the terminology "repair' that is being circulated around certain replies, etc.

Thanks. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Karthik

It will stay in this topic seeing as Rogers already made the comment in here. Rogers already made a statement on this thread 3 pages back by RogersRoland. Here it is.

"Hey Community,

After being notified by Samsung that they have stopped selling the Galaxy Note 7 due to reported safety issues, we immediately suspended shipments and sales of the device in all our stores and through our website. Samsung is working on a replacement program and we’ll continue to work with them to ensure the process is seamless for our customers. In the meantime, customers can visit their nearest Rogers store to exchange their Note 7 or get a loaner device.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via @CommunityHelps.

RogersRoland "

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Android/page/121/thread-id/38846

EDIT - this is what i was told as well.

" Hi Thank you for reaching out to us. I certainly understand your concerns and we are doing everything we can to assist every customer. You can either send your device for repair at a Rogers store and be provided a loaner phone or you can have your device replaced. The option is yours and you can send us a private message to discuss it further. Thank you. 

" Oh yes! You can send the device in for "repair" and have a loaner device in the meantime. Your device will be in the repair shop until Samsung provides us with replacement devices. This could take more than the usual 10 business days. 

ZZAKIR
I plan to stick around

Hey guys,

So i have a note 7 that has cracks on the front and back glass.

Will my phone still be allowed to be traded in through the recall process?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ZZAKIR

That is something you would need to speak to Samsung Canada and Rogers as its physical damage. But I am sure since it's a recall, they should cover it no matter what. Best to call and speak to them.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
Double whammy for Samsung. The defective batteries in the note 7s were supplied by Samsung. Approx 70% of units were supplied by Samsung SDI. They are turning to ATL to make batteries for the recall, which was used for the Chinese market note 7s.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Oh wow. That's no good at all. I guess we will have to wait a couple of weeks for those ones.