cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

I'm in the same boat as you. My business partner got his on the release date, probably because he ordered the black one.. I ordered the blue one and it was just shipped.. Now I wont be getting it for who knows how long, and my note 4 is shutting itself down at 40 - 50% battery. Even with the new battery I ordered for it. And what happens with the free Bluetooth speaker I was supposed to get. I had to wait until I picked it up to redeem it. I'm super frustrated with this situation. If I could at least pick this one up and use it until the replacements arrive, I would be so much happier. Now I have to carry around a phone that barely runs for a couple hours.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Cursee

If it was just shipped and it's being shipped to ur home, u are fine. If u are having it shipped to the store, all carriers in around the world are being told not to do any upgrades or activations for the Note 7. Samsung decided to do this just in case for a procution which I understand. Nothing can happen. As for the gift, i am pretty sure Samsung will figure it out and extand that but I I'll contact them. That is something Rogers has no control of. Its a Samsung deal.

Yeah unfortunately it was shipped to my store. Grrrr

dale2
I plan to stick around
I put in for the gift on Tuesday still haven't heard back they might have the gifts on hold till everything is resolved. But who knows.

lmsmith
I plan to stick around
I was allowed to pick mine up today! So happy about that. So far, it's flawless.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dale2

Did u get the confirmation email? If so again it takes 4-6 weeks to get it. Depends on their stock as well.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @imsmith

Thats great! That it because the store wasn't advised yet or the system let them and it went through but all store as of tonight got emails letting them know no Note 7 devices are to be sold.

dale2
I plan to stick around
I got a email stating that it's being processed. I just assumed since everyone else got then quite quick that I would have heard something .

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dale2

Never assume. The email states it can take 4-6 weeks. The first batch went out within a 1-2 weeks. Now due remember Samsung has to ship those to other retailers which sell them and have contracts to carry them. A high demand could take weeks to get more in.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

For those that want their Note 7 replaced with a new safe Note 7, what is the process for this to occur? Will Rogers contact us, do we call Samsung, do we go to the Rogers store where we bought it ?????

Depending on who you talk to, the story changes by the minute.  I just got off chat and they told me to go to the Rogers store and they will replace it on the spot. I asked if they already received the new safe units in and they said, " there's nothing wrong with the Canadian Note 7 so you can switch it with any store stock ". I disconnected immediately. 

ROGERS....... What is the formal recall process to replace the Note 7 with a new, safe Note 7?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

It seems that there is a alot of miss communication on Rogers side by the store reps. @RogersRonald are we able to get more clarification on the process? I also called a store here in Scarborough and got told that the Canadian models are fine and if i am passed the return policy (15 days / 30 Minutes) I can not return it but after speaking to the manager, they told me I could. It seems alot of miss communication is going on here.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Further.... Just got off the phone with the Rogers store that I deal with, he said that there's nothing wrong with the Canadian models and that all 35 issues occured when people were not using the Samsung charger. He even stated that the Canadian models do not include the same battery as the USA. He wasn't aware of a process to replace the Note 7's with a new safe Note 7 yet but did say it will be weeks before anything happens. I asked if Rogers will contact us when our replacement was available and he said, " we sold over a million phones, we can't start calling everybody ". I said, " so, the onus is on us to keep checking in ?". He said, " yes". Spent more time trying to convince me that there's no problem with my phone.

Now, this doesn't sound like a formal " recall " process. I work in the food Industry ( manufacturing ) and I can certainly tell you that " recalls " are well rehearsed and planned to both recover food in question and replace where necessary. They're calling this a recall but it's actually not a recall. Samsung has not filed any recall with any governing bodies to date, according to the media. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Thats why it's a voluntary recall. The carriers are doing their own thing until Samsung does do the recall but it seems that the Rogers stores did not get the information properly and keep trying to revert customers not to worry instead of doing the return and resell.. I do wonder what is Rogers doing about this?

Kake777
I plan to stick around
I am in the same boat. I received the email saying my gear fit 2 will need to be processed but heard nothing else from Samsung

Rudafied
I've been here awhile
On Wed I was moved from 64 in line to in progress, haven't heard anything since. no emails no tracking number. Did they stop all outgoing shipments?

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
This recall is disappointing, just when my device is setup how I want, I got a cool skin applied that's a waste of $30 and battery life lately has been really good too, I don't want to change it but of course I will IF we are really getting "different" devices. I wish they could just tell us if our existing ones were affected or not.

This is what Mobile Syrup is saying: http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/09/02/canadian-carriers-suspend-sales-of-the-galaxy-note-7-following-rec...

While Rogers shared, “After being notified by Samsung that they have stopped selling the Galaxy Note 7 due to reported safety issues, we immediately suspended shipments and sales of the device in all our stores and through our website. Samsung is working on a replacement program and we’ll continue to work with them to ensure the process is seamless for our customers. In the meantime, customers can visit their nearest Rogers store to exchange their Note 7 or get a loaner device.”

I wonder if switching to a S7E would mean I could still keep my Gear Fit 2, trade in credit and SD card + get some credit back on the difference of the phone. Likely not lol

No way I'm getting a loaner phone and then getting another new Note 7 that's way too much setup involved so either wait or switch.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

Unfortunately u can't keep the 64GB memory card and they won't give u a credit as it was a gift. As for the band or the speaker, those u can keep as they came from Samsung and Samsung isn't asking for those back.

I do know how it feels as my gf is scared of using hers after she seen what's going on. Hopefuly this gets resolved soon! Honestly to me i don't min getting the loner phone and then getting the Note 7 after. I have everything backed up on Smarswitch, Nova Launcher back up and also Google. So i am set and only takes 20 minutes for it all to come back, other then the apps to download

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
For credit I meant I paid $550 for the Note 7 but the S7E is $399 so I would hope they would cover the difference. For the trade in credit I did it was offered for the S7E as well so that's a non issue, as for the SD card giving it back would be fine I haven't taken it out of my drawer lol

I don't know that I would want to switch from it though, it's an amazing device! I hardly use the pen but when I do to take notes in meetings with OneNote then I can see the notes on my laptop that's really cool!

Will wait for official instructions, one thing I will not stand for though is an option to send it to a repair centre for the battery to be replaced, I do not trust that personally, would rather have a new sealed device from factory especially this soon after having received it, been what 2 weeks?

I use wireless charging overnight and had turned off the fast wireless charging so hopefully that helps if there's battery issues.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

Ahh got you. Yes they will do a full return of the Note 7 and then proceed to a new upgrade on the account. So if u already paid for the Note 7, they will credit u back the difference.

As for the last part I agree. I will only give mine in one a official work on how it will happen comes out. I don't mind sending mine in but again it could come back with as a like new device wit a new battery unless the warehouse and repair facilities have been told not to do that.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

Yeah I just don't think these are designed to be opened up and with the water and dust resistant features will it be as good as a sealed from factory unit? If it was a blackberry where you can open up the back and see all the screws sure but this ain't that accessible. Hopefully we will hear of an official resolution soon and a timeframe for new devices.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

That is true. The waterproofing and seals would be damaged and then those would need to be repaired. Samsung is the only one that can do that without any issues.

Telus did state it can take 3-4 weeks to get another Note 7 if customers which to do the repair method but again not many will take that route which carriers are offering due to them wanting a method by Samsung.