Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dale2
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

@Meowmix
Can you elaborate on send it in for repair and then wait for Samsung to send the new device. Are they gonna fix it or are they gonna replace it with a brand new device . I ask because from what I've read once this phone is opened it loses its waterproof rating.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dale2

This is the message I got from them.

"Oh yes! You can send the device in for "repair" and have a loaner device in the meantime. Your device will be in the repair shop until Samsung provides us with replacement devices. This could take more than the usual 10 business days. -Lynne"

So that means they will keep this one, and then replace it once Samsung ships more
Dx9
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I'll be keeping my Note 7 until the replacement devices come in.
wpd1
I Plan to Stick Around

To say the least, that's a confusing message. To state "send in for repair" does not reflect the message from Samsung which is to replace every device. It still sounds like there's still no official plan to address this recall. I've heard that we are supposed to call Samsung directly, then Rogers suggests that you can bring the phone in if you want, which again does not reflect the spirit of a recall.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

If you look on 9to5Google most American carriers will be doing the same as what the Canadian carriers are doing. So it seems the carriers are directed to do this.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Dx1

That is what i will be doing as well. I don't mind sending it in as i could get a loner phone or use my Passport but it may take a couple of weeks or month or two
Japetto
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm just going to hold onto mine until stock in back up to normal and I can just walk in and swap it out. My phone is fine no overheating and it's been on the charger for a while at times. So why worry about sending it back when there is no real hurry.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Japetto

Agreed that's what I will be doing as well.
Cursee
I'm Here A Lot

I'm in the same boat as you. My business partner got his on the release date, probably because he ordered the black one.. I ordered the blue one and it was just shipped.. Now I wont be getting it for who knows how long, and my note 4 is shutting itself down at 40 - 50% battery. Even with the new battery I ordered for it. And what happens with the free Bluetooth speaker I was supposed to get. I had to wait until I picked it up to redeem it. I'm super frustrated with this situation. If I could at least pick this one up and use it until the replacements arrive, I would be so much happier. Now I have to carry around a phone that barely runs for a couple hours.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Cursee

If it was just shipped and it's being shipped to ur home, u are fine. If u are having it shipped to the store, all carriers in around the world are being told not to do any upgrades or activations for the Note 7. Samsung decided to do this just in case for a procution which I understand. Nothing can happen. As for the gift, i am pretty sure Samsung will figure it out and extand that but I I'll contact them. That is something Rogers has no control of. Its a Samsung deal.