Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

I hear your concern about not having a backup but at least you got your phone! Mine was just shipped to store last night and now I can't go and pick it up!

Going to take weeks and weeks to get replacement stock I expect and when will I ever see it? Will I even still be eligible for the preorder bonuses?

One thing is for certain - we are among many who are *very* frustrated!!!
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got off the line with Samsung Canada. They don't seem to think there's any real issue. The Updated Mobile Syrup article stated that we should call Samsung for recall details. They don't know anything ( yet ). They stated that details regarding the recall will be provided in the " coming weeks ". I asked if I should not use my phone until then, they said " of course you should use it, there's been no issues with phones in Canada ". No sense of caution or warning at all from Samsung Canada.  Like to be a fly on the wall in the Korean office.... 

I Plan to Stick Around

I had a chat with one of agent at samsung.ca, and he said Samsung will send an e-mail to customers (if you've registered your phone on their website) with the procedure on how to make use of this recall.

So if you haven't registered your phone, I'd suggest that you'd do so. Right now I haven't found any information about this recall on Rogers' website, or maybe I just missed it.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

What is Rogers going to do about this recall???

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Hey Community,

After being notified by Samsung that they have stopped selling the Galaxy Note 7 due to reported safety issues, we immediately suspended shipments and sales of the device in all our stores and through our website. Samsung is working on a replacement program and we’ll continue to work with them to ensure the process is seamless for our customers. In the meantime, customers can visit their nearest Rogers store to exchange their Note 7 or get a loaner device.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via @CommunityHelps.

RogersRoland 

I Plan to Stick Around

Guess we're all going to have to be patient. There's no specific info out there that points in any direction yet. I thought someone said that Rogers would be responding by 2pm today ? Said earlier from someone who spoke with them on Twitter.

I Plan to Stick Around

Exchange for another Note 7 or a different phone all together ? Can we just return the Note 7's we received on 19 Aug ?
I've Been Here Awhile

So the device has been recalled by Samsung. Seems like we can exchange our phone at retail for another model, or wait until the replacement devices are available. Hopefully before it explodes....great phone though, no issues myself. I wonder if we can get another free microsd card and watch Smiley Wink

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/09/02/canadian-carriers-suspend-sales-of-the-galaxy-note-7-following-rec...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @deeps

Rogers was made a public statement on here ( Note 7 Reservation thread) that you can bring in ur device into any Rogers store and exchange it for any other device or send it into repair and wait until Samsung gives them the new devices to ship out to u. You could also wait until Samsung says about this but most carriers are taking this route.

Unfortunately u won't be getting more extras lol
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Rogers has notified me that you can exchange it for any other device u want but unfortunately you will need to give back the 64GB memory card u got with it. As for the free gift from Samsung, u will be able to keep it.