Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @iyatos56

Unfortunately no. Samsung knows which ones get pre ordered or not. If u do not show proof of pre order or reservations then it wouldn't go through. The only way to do so is showing that u pre ordered it. If some pre ordered it and went to the store and got it, then it should be fine.. I know some that did that and got the gift
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix wrote: The Canadian models are not ones that have had the issues. All the issues are caused with the international models of the Note 7. No North American models are affected it seems.. Samsung Canada did state they might recall but nothing as of yet in any other places

Yeah, I haven't heard of any from the Canadian units yet, or even other SD820 (but maybe I missed an article). That said, it's now official.. See HERE. Not much for details yet though. I didn't realize there were 35 that had exploded..

Apparently it has only been happening with ITM batteries, and so far, afaik, has only been Exynos based models. Will be nice to hear the official answer from them, either way.. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @xtechx

Agreed! They posted they are doing a volunteerry recall on the Note 7 but didn't say which countries. It would be nice to know which ones so that way we know if we are included.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

From what I have read the affected batteries are from Korea etc. The exception is China which Samsung uses another supplier for the batteries. My Note was made in China so I am assuming all Canadian carriers have Made in China. Guess we will see.
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, this is interesting.  My blue preorder entered "In Progress" Wednesday.  Finally shipped last night.    Will I get a call to come get it?  Is Rogers still selling the Note 7 at this point?

Costco.ca says the product can't be ordered due to 'out of stock'.  Samsung.ca says 'product not found' when you try to buy. 

What is the official Rogers position?

I Plan to Stick Around

Aw Geez... Looks like Canada is part of the 'stop sell' and recall fiasco...

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/09/02/samsung-recalls-note-7-smartphones-in-canada-over-explosive-batter...
I Plan to Stick Around

So, what's the process for the re-call,

I would expect a big banner advertisement on Rogers website.

What are the directions for those who acquired the pre-orders / acquried at local stores (e.g. Best Buy)

- Do we just walk in and return the product, expect the contract to be null and voided / return all fees, credits, etc.

- If we changed our plans to accomondate the H/W upgrade, can the plan be changed back to the one we had before.

- The only reason that I ask: we have the 15 days / 50 MB / 100 minutes talk time policy for return validation.

Please advise?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just had a reply from Rogers via Twitter - info will be announced later today. They said there should be more info after 2PM today.

Advised I not pick up the unit even if the store calls. I asked about the preorder bonus and they said wait for further info later today.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Karthik_

I would wait until Best Buy and Rogers announces something later today. As for the minutes u will be fine as this is a recall and i don't believe the return policy will be affected here.
I Plan to Stick Around

My concern is I put everything in the phone already and I don't have a back up phone. I want to transfer all data before I return the existing phone but know this is not goto happened.
Also concern will they give you the phone based on the number in line when we pre-order, I was #6. If they don't go by number, it will caused frustration .