Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @germain18_2006

Yes Mobilesyrup posted it last night but I don't believe we are in danger. If it happens to a Canadian model then Samsung should recall them but I don't think they will.
I Plan to Stick Around

I hope not, if it's the case than they better send us a new one, let us transfer the data then send it back. I can't live without a phone Smiley Sad
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @germain18_2006

Agreed! But I don't think Samsung will do that seeing as its only a small portion of users that have had this and it's mostly on international devices and none have been reported of North American devices being affected.
I've Been Here Awhile

I've tried multiple browsers. It is only the small size of the gear fit2.
Has no one attempted to order this via the Samsung canada promos site?

I tried Samsung Canada, they basically said that the promotion is on until Oct, so I have a lot of time to keep trying. And a lot of tine to fix the site once it becomes know to them. I had CS Case there try it and it didn't work for the small one for then either. So just a keep trying from them.

I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone here who picked it up from the store but had a preorder get an email sent to them yet about the preorder promo?

I Plan to Stick Around

Looking for any info regarding the possible recall of Note 7 due to battery issues. Haven't heard anything specific to Canada in any of the communications on this so far.

I Plan to Stick Around

@wpd1 wrote:
Looking for any info regarding the possible recall of Note 7 due to battery issues. Haven't heard anything specific to Canada in any of the communications on this so far.

There are lots of news articles talking about it, but I didn't think there was an official announcement from Samsung (yet). I guess they believe it's only units with batteries made by ITM Semiconductor, so we will have to wait until their official announcement.

I'm also waiting as patiently as possible for the official announcement. I just sold my unlocked HTC 10 so I don't even have a backup if I have to send it in..

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @iyatos56

Everyone who reserved the device got a text message with the link.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1 and @xtechx

The Canadian models are not ones that have had the issues. All the issues are caused with the international models of the Note 7. No North American models are affected it seems.. Samsung Canada did state they might recall but nothing as of yet in any other places
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

I know that, I meant people who didn't wait for their preorder to come in and just bought the phone in store and entered that phone into the promo site. Did anyone who did that recieve their promo item yet?