Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!
1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .
- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.
2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.
3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.
For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ
4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.
Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)
I ended up picking up the phone monday night, its real nice and it came with the 64gig card despite me not "preordering".
And on that note, (did I just make a pun?) I still HAVEN'T received a call from my store about the preorder....and it shipped out on friday lol...worst experience with this reservation system.
I found a store that has a black one in stock, but the part number is: SM-930W8 and on the mobilepromos.ca site it says it must be: SM-930WZKAXAC
I'm assuming if I picked up the one in store I would not be able to redeem the watch. Is this correct?
Got my email confirmation yesterday, recevied the phone via UPS (Ontario) today.
I should add that when I registered (on the business reservation site), I was #32 for the Silver (and right before they switched it to processing, I was #32 of 101)
Silver Note 7, Comes with
- SIM Card
- Phone P/N: SM-N930W8 (SMN930WS64)
- 64GB Samsung EVO MicroSD Card, with an exclusiv BlueJays Video
- Phone has a screen protector on it (Plastic Film), better quality that what usually comes as a screen protector film on the phones
- Fast Charger
- USB-C Cable
- 5 Stylus Nibs (3 White, 2 Grey), and tool.
- MicroUSB to USB-C Adapter
- USB to USB-C Adapter (Labelled as a USB Connector for a USB Flash Drive or Keyboard/Mouse)
- SIM Tray ejector Tool (in with the instructions)
- Account Maintenance Agreement
- Return Label
- Return Bag
- Rogers Receipt for Warranty purposes (This is what you need to send along with your reservation email for the free gift)
hope this helps to know what to expect.
So I am no. 39 for the coral blue, Do you guys think samsung may run out of the watches as it says "while supplies last". My first time pre-ordering and it really sucks. Other then the gifts what is the point of this circus.
Costco.ca is showing all three colours "in stock". Yesterday it had red text saying that the item was backordered and might arrive in more than 4 weeks, but this morning there is no red backorder text and it now says "The estimated delivery time will be approximately 3 - 7 business days from the time of order.". ALso, in the RFD thread people mention that there is a bit of stock in the Samsung retail store.
I'm only mentioning this as there seems to be a bit of hope as some new stock seems to have hit the shores.
I'm still holding out for a blue unit, at #191 (seems like that # has gone up?) 😕
Keeping my fingers, toes and everything else crossed!