cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @petemcdonnell

The Rogers call center doesn't have much info sadly. While they do inventory they cant tell either.

Only a handfull of blue units were shipped on thrusday night. Most stores aka 98% of the stores did get blue units other then the demo units.

GibMcFragger
I'm a reliable contributor

Just got mine today. Man...it's slippery. I need a case ASAP, or I am gonna drop it. LOL

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @GibMcFragger

Lol indeed it is! I got another Spigen case and gave my gf the Spigen clear neo case as she got the silver one lol

GibMcFragger

I have the Spigen Ultra Hybrid clear case coming. I hate cases, but I can tolerate a thin one. 🙂

GibMcFragger

On that note though (har har), I must bid you adieu.

I switched to Telus......

It's been fun! 🙂

dpix
I'm here a lot

@Meowmix Thanks! I totally missed that. I guess 'confirmation' and 'approval' are two separate things. I will post in here when I get approved. Hope others do the same. Would like my Fit 2 sooner than later. Using an old LG G Watch R in the meantime, which has surprisingly held up well and runs smoothly after years 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @GibMcFragger

Very nice! Well hope all goes well! 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dpix

No worries! I have a Sony Smartwatch 3 sitting in my dresser and at the moment I am using the Samsung Gear S2.

petemcdonnell
I plan to stick around
Do you mean : Most stores aka 98% of the stores did NOT get blue units other then the demo units.

?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @petemcdonnell

Yea that is what i meant.. Unfortunately we can't blame Rogers. Samsung Canada made a comment on Mobilesyrup and to the public saying that there will be delays and they are working with carriers to bring as many units as they can. Samsung doesn't seem to have enough units at launches I noticed.

dpix
I'm here a lot

@Meowmix S2 is a great watch. I wish I had it back right now. I sold my white S2 when I sold my Note 5. I moved to an iPhone 6S and Apple Watch for a bit. I have to admit to really liking the Apple Watch experience. I love the chime notifications on it. The best notifications of any watch I've tested so far. Maybe the Gear S3 will be better, launching August 31!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dpix

Yeah i heard about the S3 watch but i rather use the Gear Fit2 or the S2 that I have lol.

Waytoostylus
I plan to stick around

Will today be the day!!!?? Nobody's touched my box since Saturday morning. Still pending activation, then has to ship to my door while the store down the street has a handful of them. 

The worst part is I have a week off. So I check every 15 minutes lol...it's bad.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Waytoostylus

Who knows! Hopefully it is!

pat767
I plan to stick around
Why wait, if your store has them available?

feztech
I'm here a lot

For the business folk out there, I just had a status change and an email for a Silver Note 7.  Hope this helps to know what to look for. 

Thanks to all for the great info in this post!

NRS Order Status field changed from In Progress(Finalization) to Shipped-Closed

on the Rogers NRS (https://secure.rogersdirect.ca) Site

And this email was sent to me:

Dear Customer,
This email is to confirm the device you reserved for the wireless number(s) : ###-###-#### is being shipped.

Please allow 7 business days, from receiving this email, to complete delivery of your order.

For tracking purposes, the waybill number <Waybill> has been assigned to your shipment. You will be able to monitor the status of your shipment on the UPS website http://www.ups.com/tracking/tracking.html .

Thank you for using the Rogers Reservation System for Business.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @pat767

Not all stores have the blue if they are waiting for that one and also all most stores do not o business and corporate customers accounts upgrades and such.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @feztech

Great news!

Waytoostylus
I plan to stick around
Its a business account so it gets shipped to my door. Ive gotten alot of different answers depending on who I talk to. Ive called and went into the store itself.

Thanks for posting that feztech, I'll keep an eye out for that email.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Waytoostylus

Agreed. That's how it works with the Business accounts.

comcry
I plan to stick around
Agreed re: apple watch (loved it). Just got the gear classic - it's ok - maybe I just need to get use to it. Wasn't aware the 3 was coming.

Anyone know of any sales for wall charger - turns out I need another one. This charging pad is brutally slow (with a regular charger).