cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

enigma4321
I plan to stick around
Hope not lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @enigma4321

Lol yeah that's true! I am sure it won't. Just a system restart for the upgrading terminals and system.

rtsascf
I plan to stick around

Im an IT manager I understand servers and sites going down... But Rogers as a company that has went through many launches their sytem by now should be prestine...how are servers still failing and sites not working for that long?  Every single launch has issues on issues at least from my experience, now devices are available but system cant process?? Then you get your phone and no out going calls?    Also buisness accounts always get shafted, why do we have to wait when we bring other employees to rogers...I ordered day of launch on buisness account and mine still not available + 4 of my employees.
Same when I orderd my LG G4 last year diff issues they gave away a charger battery and 64GB card, got none w my phone spent hours on hours on hours w rogers to finally get it.

It annoys me because their issues are so easy to fix, like start small...just include the UPS tracking link to the email you send so we are not blowing up your call center ...it takes one adjustment to your software that will last years...just dont get it.

#2 send a training PDF to ALL(everyone w a rogers email) employees before launch so everyone knows whats happening... 90% people I talked to didnt know note 7 was coming on friday

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @rtsascf

Agreed and honestly it appears to be happening all the time when the new phones are being launched. I know their systems are stable but they need to invest in more to fix those systems and get new ones instead of this happening all the time. Sadly i don't think it will happen.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
You would think Rogers being in the Data Center game for a LONG time now would know what they are doing but nope. It's hard to tell what happened since we don't know what the issues were but fix yo systems!

And while you are at it, pls bring out IP TV, been waiting forever, lol

johnsegers
I'm here a lot
Does anyone know if the systems are back? I have been trying to call Rogers stores but no answer. I live an hour from my closest Rogers so unfortunately I can't just pop in to see 😞

Jkennedy1
I plan to stick around
Mine opens in 2 mins I'm going to call before I go in I'll update when I call

Edit: systems are up 🙂 woo woo!

Waytoostylus
I plan to stick around
Still hasn't shipped : ( <---- sad face.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
2 ppl in line ahead of me at Rogers, so close!!

IMHERETOSTAYQc
I plan to stick around

Wow I was just able to check the ups tracking with my phone number (wasn't working yesterday) and it just shipped from China... Expected delivery tuesday by end of day 😞 I'm torn as my preorder from Bestbuy is there since yesterday but not sure I can give up on the Gear Fit 2... . Darn!!

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
System wasn't doing the $200 credit for trade in, he is "documenting" it

**Edit**
I noticed his paperwork for the trade in showed the phone had a bad screen, I asked him if he thought that made a difference, he looked and said yes. I guess his system has 2 questions :

-does it power on? YES
-does it have a broken screen? YES

So he has to change it to No for the screen then it was fine and it came up with $220 actually so that's good, much better than dealing with customer service after the fact.

jkffghjfghjfgjh
I plan to stick around

For those of you who have traded in your phones for the 200 dollar credit, what accessories did you have to supply with the device? Anything required? Or does it just have to be a phone that turns on (and on the list obviously)

I have a Blackberry Z10 that works perfectly fine but I don't have the OEM charger, will this be an issue? Or do they simply want the device? I can prove it works and makes calls, but not sure if they will accept it without the charger.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
@jkffghjfghjfgjh

I had everything but he said I could have just brought the Z10 without anything, he just checked if it powered on and that screen wasn't broken. Paid $50 from Kijiji yesterday and got $220 trade in today, woohoo!

jkffghjfghjfgjh
I plan to stick around

well that is exactly what I did. I got a cheap z10 off kijiji for 40 bucks and want to trade it in today for the billing credit (I am not a new activation)

I just wanted to make sure I didn't need the charger because well otherwise I have a blackberry that I will never use.

cy88
I've been here awhile

If anyone got a Coral blue one on HUP and they would like to sell, I would be interested in buying it outright off you 🙂

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
@jkffghjfghjfgjh

You will be fine I did the HUP as well just bring it in with juice left that's it.

Waytoostylus
I plan to stick around
Got a pending more information notification this morning. Was my fault, apparently they don't offer my plan anymore so I had to switch to the Share everything, the people on the phone were great. This was 2 hours ago and my reservation account still shows pending further information. I hope its not half way through next week before I get the thing.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @germain18_2006

I am patient for it. Just want to know what's going on Lol. They could say that they don't have any thus why it still shows that. I wonder what's going on Lol.

The screen protect film this time comes with the phone is sticked very nicely on the phone.  I didn't even peel it off now and use it as the protection is good enough although it didn't covered the edge.  And the backpack at BB is gone, I wonder why:(

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

robx7fcna
I plan to stick around
Well I am writing this on my new silver note 7!

I was the 1st one to pick up a phone at the store and the guy working there was more excited to see it than me lol. They didnt even have any store demos yet.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @robx7fcna

I am writting from my Black Note 7 as well! My gf did a upgrade to a store stock Silver Note 7 as well and got the 64GB memory card lol.

Very fast and good phone so far!