cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Just ended a chat with a manager. He could care less about what is being done. He just kept repeating that it's a Samsung promotion and if I had a problem with it to deal with them. Samsung " apparently" updated the promotion on 18 Aug to include 128GB cards for anyone ordering a blue Note 7. Rogers will not do anything to compensate those who only received 64GB cards with the black and silver models.

He suggested that if we want the promotion, return our black and silver models and order a blue.

jkffghjfghjfgjh
I plan to stick around

Got my phone call at 5:14 pm EST that the phone was in at the store!

I'm done work at 6 and racing to the rogers store to pick it up! Can't wait!!!! WOO HOO!!!!! NOTE 7 TIME BABY!!!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

The manager i was speaking to over the phone went and called a few stores which didn't know about this and also took a further step to contact her promotions team. They told her that they had a few laying around and thus put them in thiscolor ones. I told her what u said and spoke to them, the gentleman came over and said that is not correct.

They can not really compensate anyone u as the promotion was getting a 64GB memory card. So u got it and its not like u didn't. I do see ur point however.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
@jkffghjfghjfgjh

What location? Mine said it was a nation wide system issue and can't do upgrades right now :s I will call back soon

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

So I called my store and the lady said they didn't receive any reservations. Once I told her I knew mine was their via UPS she stoppped and then said OH we just got them lol. They got them at 1:30pm lol. Fail.

Anyways she said that to me to and suggested to come tomorrow. Told her I am busy for the weekend and still come tonight. They can do it manually as i have done it before.

dsham
I've been around

I don't think I'll be getting my phone today. The store received the devices at 1:42PM (according to the tracking trick posted earlier in the thread and confirmed by the employee) but they said they couldn't fulfil any reservations because the purchase orders didn't arrive yet. He made a box motion with his hands so I'm guessing they're a stack of papers or something?

This was at the Guelph Stone Rd. Mall store. I'm a little disappointed to say the least. Smiley Sad ='(

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around

Well I believe I was number 510 for a Black Onyx Note 7.

I got my ship out notification last night just after 8:00pm via Text and e-mail.  I was also able to track via UPS based on the tip in this thread, though I found it impossible to access the search by reference number options on the UPS site from my mobile device, had to do it on a PC becuse their site kept redirecting to a mobile version of the site when you click the tracking link and the mobile version is lacking the appropriate option, go figure.

It took my store about 2 hours after receiving my phone to call me and tell me it was ready to be picked up.

I went to the store, there was someone to greet me at the door and assign an assiciate to assist me.  They took me over to a table and went through the upgrade process.  Everything went absolutely seamlessly, no errors on the Rogers system, no long delays, no requirements to phone the call centre as I've experienced in the past...

This is the best Rogers Note launch ever from my experience.  It's also the first timee the Pre-Order system actually got my device to the store or provided me with a notification of being shipped.  

Also, I would like to personally thank Meomix for taking the time to keep up with this thread to provide constructive, useful and accurate information about the process, promotions etc.  Seriously dude, Rogers should be paying you.  You know more than any of their reps or store associates.  

And, thanks to this thread I am about to head over to the Samsung promotions page to register for my free Samsung Levelbox Pro bluetooth speaker.  The store associate was aware of it but indicated I would receive information about how to register for the promotion  with a copy of my contract via e-mail.  Well, I got my contract via e-mail, but no metion of the Samsung promotions.  So thanks to this thread, I know what I need to do.  Thanks a lot!

And for the people who did not get their devices on launch day... Hang in there, the promotions are worth the wait this year.  I'm shocked that they not only included a 64gb MicroSD card but also what appears to be a pretty decent bluetooth speaker.  This is by far the most generous promotion for a pre-order on a device that I've seen.  It blows away the promotions on the Note 4 last year which was an obsolete Samsung charger (wasn't the new fast charge QI charger but the orriginal, non fast charge version).  

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JoshuaAustin

That is great to hear! I am heading to pick mine up and i also bought the Wireless stand charger from Samsung for $49.99 from Best Buy! ( paid $6.51 as i had $50 gift card lol)

No need to thank me! I always am here to help no matter what and always do the threads for you guys. You guys need the help and answers so i am here to do as much as i can! 🙂

wpd1
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix there's certainly a disconnect through Rogers staff on the 128gb cards. The manager I chatted with had a communication in front of him that the referenced and it wad dated 18 Aug from Samsung. The black and over phones were opened by Rogers to insert the 64 GB cards. The blue phones were left closed as they received a separate packaged Samsung 128gb card. This is consistent with what's been reported by others on this forum and what I saw in store.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
Regardless of all the issues with cards, shipping, etc... for those still waiting for their phone, you will be very impressed once you get it. This is one seriously sick phone !

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around

Thanks for the reminder of the Best buy deals... That saves me a ton.  I really wanted the charging stand and it's good to get the Adaptive Fast charger to go with it at a discount as well becaust $50 for that is retarded...  That's a really great deal.

Waytoostylus
I plan to stick around
Still staring at a "order in Progress (activation)" status. Hasnt changed since 10:30 am. Was number 35 for black onyx business account.

I believe it's supposed to be shipped to my address.

Just spent an hour at the King West location. Phone is there but they also said theres a outtage. Tried waiting it out but no dice. They're going to call me once I can come pick it up... So close...

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @JoshuaAustin

That is great to hear! I am heading to pick mine up and i also bought the Wireless stand charger from Samsung for $49.99 from Best Buy! ( paid $6.51 as i had $50 gift card lol)

No need to thank me! I always am here to help no matter what and always do the threads for you guys. You guys need the help and answers so i am here to do as much as i can! 🙂

I just did my price beat with BB and saved me $80(Included Fast Visa $20 Discount). 

Just finished transferring all apps and stuffs and set up.  😜

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys

So the systems are doing for doing upgrades nation wide. I am Stuck waiting for mine.

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around

Darn it... Spoke too soon, I knew things were going to smoothly...

While I was getting things setup, I tested the phone...  Well as it turns out, I can only receive calls.  Any outbound calls to anything other than *611 give an automated message saying that my call cannot be completed as dialed...  Receiving calls works fine, same with texts, mobile data.  

I swapped the SIM back into my NOTE 5 and got the exact same result, so something got messed up on the account/system I guess.  Guess I'll call support and log the issue.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JoshuaAustin

It seems to be happening to many. The systems seem to be going up and down

enigma4321
I plan to stick around
I'm so frustrated. System is down here too. They called me at around noon saying it was in and when I got there in the early evening, they told me their system was down. I don't want to wait till tomorrow!

comcry
I plan to stick around
Just picked up my device from the Samsung experience store. They said they had walk in stock available. Mostly black. Limited silver. And no blue. No blue for 1-2 months I was told. I can't remember who told us about the $200 trade in phone of any condition but it worked and I wanted to say thank you. I had two old phones on me so I gave one to a guy in line. My phone was $930 taxes in. Sold my iPhone for $875. Paid $55 for my new note. Very happy.

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around

OK, so as I mentioned above, I was unable to make outbound calls to anything other than *611 but texts, mobile data, incomming calls etc. were working OK.

The tech on the phone put a block for VOLTE (voice over LTE) on my account.  After doing this, Outbound calls are working OK now.  He is going to escalate the issue to the network support team.

Just thought I'd chime in, in case others experience similar issues. 

Waytoostylus
I plan to stick around
They said the same to me when I got my note 5 a month ago, They registered the sim and was told when the system came back online my phone would connect to the network but may take a few hours. They sent me on my way with my phone, after a couple hours the network came online.