Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

I'm on worth a chat manager and he's saying is a Samsung promotion that was updated yesterday. They have no control of it.
I Plan to Stick Around

So I get to Rogers at 5:15, apparently they have nation wide system issues with processing upgrades :s awesome
I Plan to Stick Around

Just ended a chat with a manager. He could care less about what is being done. He just kept repeating that it's a Samsung promotion and if I had a problem with it to deal with them. Samsung " apparently" updated the promotion on 18 Aug to include 128GB cards for anyone ordering a blue Note 7. Rogers will not do anything to compensate those who only received 64GB cards with the black and silver models.

He suggested that if we want the promotion, return our black and silver models and order a blue.

I Plan to Stick Around

Got my phone call at 5:14 pm EST that the phone was in at the store!

I'm done work at 6 and racing to the rogers store to pick it up! Can't wait!!!! WOO HOO!!!!! NOTE 7 TIME BABY!!!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

The manager i was speaking to over the phone went and called a few stores which didn't know about this and also took a further step to contact her promotions team. They told her that they had a few laying around and thus put them in thiscolor ones. I told her what u said and spoke to them, the gentleman came over and said that is not correct.

They can not really compensate anyone u as the promotion was getting a 64GB memory card. So u got it and its not like u didn't. I do see ur point however.
I Plan to Stick Around

@jkffghjfghjfgjh

What location? Mine said it was a nation wide system issue and can't do upgrades right now :s I will call back soon
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JeromeM

So I called my store and the lady said they didn't receive any reservations. Once I told her I knew mine was their via UPS she stoppped and then said OH we just got them lol. They got them at 1:30pm lol. Fail.

Anyways she said that to me to and suggested to come tomorrow. Told her I am busy for the weekend and still come tonight. They can do it manually as i have done it before.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I don't think I'll be getting my phone today. The store received the devices at 1:42PM (according to the tracking trick posted earlier in the thread and confirmed by the employee) but they said they couldn't fulfil any reservations because the purchase orders didn't arrive yet. He made a box motion with his hands so I'm guessing they're a stack of papers or something?

This was at the Guelph Stone Rd. Mall store. I'm a little disappointed to say the least. Smiley Sad ='(

I Plan to Stick Around

Well I believe I was number 510 for a Black Onyx Note 7.

I got my ship out notification last night just after 8:00pm via Text and e-mail.  I was also able to track via UPS based on the tip in this thread, though I found it impossible to access the search by reference number options on the UPS site from my mobile device, had to do it on a PC becuse their site kept redirecting to a mobile version of the site when you click the tracking link and the mobile version is lacking the appropriate option, go figure.

It took my store about 2 hours after receiving my phone to call me and tell me it was ready to be picked up.

I went to the store, there was someone to greet me at the door and assign an assiciate to assist me.  They took me over to a table and went through the upgrade process.  Everything went absolutely seamlessly, no errors on the Rogers system, no long delays, no requirements to phone the call centre as I've experienced in the past...

This is the best Rogers Note launch ever from my experience.  It's also the first timee the Pre-Order system actually got my device to the store or provided me with a notification of being shipped.  

Also, I would like to personally thank Meomix for taking the time to keep up with this thread to provide constructive, useful and accurate information about the process, promotions etc.  Seriously dude, Rogers should be paying you.  You know more than any of their reps or store associates.  

And, thanks to this thread I am about to head over to the Samsung promotions page to register for my free Samsung Levelbox Pro bluetooth speaker.  The store associate was aware of it but indicated I would receive information about how to register for the promotion  with a copy of my contract via e-mail.  Well, I got my contract via e-mail, but no metion of the Samsung promotions.  So thanks to this thread, I know what I need to do.  Thanks a lot!

And for the people who did not get their devices on launch day... Hang in there, the promotions are worth the wait this year.  I'm shocked that they not only included a 64gb MicroSD card but also what appears to be a pretty decent bluetooth speaker.  This is by far the most generous promotion for a pre-order on a device that I've seen.  It blows away the promotions on the Note 4 last year which was an obsolete Samsung charger (wasn't the new fast charge QI charger but the orriginal, non fast charge version).  

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JoshuaAustin

That is great to hear! I am heading to pick mine up and i also bought the Wireless stand charger from Samsung for $49.99 from Best Buy! ( paid $6.51 as i had $50 gift card lol)

No need to thank me! I always am here to help no matter what and always do the threads for you guys. You guys need the help and answers so i am here to do as much as i can! 🙂