cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

wpd1
I plan to stick around

The card that came with mine was not in Samsung packaging rather, it was inserted in a small Rogers card inside the phone packaging. 64GB.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@wpd1 wrote:

The card that came with mine was not in Samsung packaging rather, it was inserted in a small Rogers card inside the phone packaging. 64GB.

Evo or Evo+?

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Phones downloading a large update right now ( Not sure what it is ) but will check the card type when it's done.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Anyone else get the update from Smartswitch when plugging in your Note 7 ?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @lundon44

That is false. It seems another miss informed rep was giving false statements.

EDIT - I think what is happening is that some of the blues got the 128GB memory card instead of the 64GB due to stock. I could be wrong but i wonder why they got it meanwhile they were showing 64GB. Anyways i already got a free 128GB evo+ card lol 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Sometimes they release stable updates which brings stability to the device and fixes that they found when the devices were already assembled and shipped out. Also the update could contain Rogers bloatware.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

I was getting impatient so I called the store, said "Yep I have it right here, I'll just receive that for you"....so much for "We'll call you as soon as we receive it".

Also, he said if I go anytime after 5 someone will be there that can do the upgrade....not sure what that means and why he couldn't do it...weird lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

Hmm i wonder why he said that? Maybe because either he isn't trained well or maybe just does not want to do it, Either way he should be offering for u to come pick it up.

Also maybe because the store will be died after 5pm so that could be why.

My store has yet to call me and its 4:03pm. I am sitting at home waiting for my gf to finish work to go and pick it up. Will call them soon.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

I don't know but I'm not waiting at work much longer so I'll probably get there before 5 and hopefully they will be able to help me. I would call the store if I were you.

I'll be sure to post here when I get it and how it went!

nickf
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:

Hello @lundon44

That is false. It seems another miss informed rep was giving false statements.

EDIT - I think what is happening is that some of the blues got the 128GB memory card instead of the 64GB due to stock. I could be wrong but i wonder why they got it meanwhile they were showing 64GB. Anyways i already got a free 128GB evo+ card lol 

I just talked to a store rep from Rogers, he also mentioned that all of the Coral Blue Note 7s received the 128GB instead of the 64GB, for whatever reason. And that Black and Silver came with 64GB.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

I find from looking at all of the available options for pre-order there's been a LOT of confusion with how the pre order promo's work. Example is it seems now at BestBuy if you did the pre-order with them you got the 128GB card, the wireless charger AND you are able to trade in to get the $200. The Trade in was only talked about as of yesterday. Same thing with Samsung store. Maybe they just were getting bits and pieces of information trickling in.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
I'm on chat with Rogers. They confirm that the promotion is 128gb for blue and 64gb for all other. This was not advertised anywhere. I'm challenging them.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@wpd1 wrote:

Anyone else get the update from Smartswitch when plugging in your Note 7 ?

I do got some sort of update, I do it right away before I install anything.  

That's better than do it after I always got some sort of conflict and the phone slow down.  eg. Lollipop to Mashmellow...

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@wpd1 wrote:
I'm on chat with Rogers. They confirm that the promotion is 128gb for blue and 64gb for all other. This was not advertised anywhere. I'm challenging them.

Just because you would have ordered Blue to get the bigger card? Because we got what was advertised......

wpd1
I plan to stick around
Was the 128gb for blue advertised?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1 & @nickf

That is messed up real bad. They never showed this anywhere and seems to me that they did this quietly so not everyone reserved the blue one. Will be calling into their management about this. Totally confused now.

While yes its still a card, its 64GB more memory for a color which makes no sense.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@wpd1

Not that I know of no, so they likely got a bigger card due to special color. I don't think living with a color I don't like for 2 years would be enough for me to order it to get a bigger memory card but that's just me.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
That's your choice. I would have liked the option.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

I am speaking to a manager right now and she did not know about this either. It was a surprise as she is getting her Note 7 Silver night. No one was told anything at all. Kinda sad eh.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
I'm on worth a chat manager and he's saying is a Samsung promotion that was updated yesterday. They have no control of it.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
So I get to Rogers at 5:15, apparently they have nation wide system issues with processing upgrades :s awesome