Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Yes but is that rogers store receipt the pre order one or proof of purchase...that site wants image of both

I've Been Around

Hi,

Has anyone read the samsung website under promotions regarding the $200 trade in credit? it is right along with the speaker or watch free gifts. That promo is through Samsung but it seems the $200 trade in credit that rogers has on their promo site might be through samsung as well. But there is one interesting difference in the details on the Samsung site it doesnt list specific models to trade in it says " Device purchased in Canada, any brand and any model." does anyone have any more info on this?  Can i trade in my old Dell Streak 5? I have quite a few ancient phones collecting dust, I would love to get something for at least one of them.

I Plan to Stick Around

@rtsascf

I would just use the email you received when you pre ordered as proof.
I Plan to Stick Around

Discussed some pages back, Samsung doesn't of buying in their stores doesn't care what phone or condition, Rogers has a list of applicable phones to get the $200 and has to power on and no cracked screen
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dave_608

Samsung Canada and the carriers have a different way of doing this promotion. Samsung doesn't have a specific list of devices meanwhile Rogers and most carriers have a list of them. Sadly the Dell Streak is not included. Here is the list.

" Offer ends October 3, 2016 in participating Rogers retail locations only (while supplies last and subject to change without notice). $200 trade-in credit available to customers who trade in the following devices: Apple iPhone 5C (or newer), Samsung GS4 (or newer), LG G3 (or newer), HTC One M8 (or newer), BlackBerry Q10/Z10 (or newer), Sony Xperia Z3 (or newer), Moto X Play (or newer) with purchase or upgrade to a new Samsung S7 and S7 edge and activation of a 2-yr Share Everything plan. Subject to trade-up program terms and conditions (if trade-in device is valued at $200 or more, customer receives credit equivalent to regular applicable trade value). Credit will be applied in store for new customers and as a bill credit on second or third invoice for existing customers. Connection fee of $20/line applies to activate service, early cancellation fees apply."

On the actual form it show S7 but it's meant for the Note 7. They copied and pasted it but never changed the wording.
I Plan to Stick Around

I never received any emails from Rogers about my ore order. I called them and they entered my email address wrong in their system. I will use a screenshot of the reservation page and hopefully that will be accepted
I Plan to Stick Around

I was #1 for the black onyx my status changed to shipped and my store still hasn't got my phone. So it looks like I'm not going to be getting it today.

The reservation system is flawed. Man Frustrated

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@poetic1743

Ask your store what time they receive their shipments. Every store has a delivery window.

I Plan to Stick Around

Your Note will probably be delivered to your store at some point today. Did you go with a Rogers store or dealer?

I Plan to Stick Around

@poetic1743 wrote:

I was #1 for the black onyx my status changed to shipped and my store still hasn't got my phone. So it looks like I'm not going to be getting it today.

The reservation system is flawed. Man Frustrated

Though I can't say for sure, but I wouldn't lose hope completely yet if I were you. There is a very good chance (along with everyone else whose status changed last night) that Rogers shipped it out yesterday during the day, and then batched the reservation updates at night. If that is the case, your phone COULD be out for delivery today (to arrive by evening). A totally plausible scenario.