cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

Very nice! We will enjoy our Devices! Sucks my backpack battery case hasn't shipped lol

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
@germain18_2006 I don't know exactly what proof of pre order is, maybe the email with shipping details. Proof of purchase I assume we will receive papers from Rogers as usual when you pickup the phone since you don't pay for the phone in store it goes on your bill.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

When doing the upgrade or new activation, they give u a small receipt at the end of the transaction. It is shows that IMEI number of the device, which device and whatnot. That is what they are looking for 🙂

rtsascf
I plan to stick around

Yes but is that rogers store receipt the pre order one or proof of purchase...that site wants image of both

dave_608
I've been around

Hi,

Has anyone read the samsung website under promotions regarding the $200 trade in credit? it is right along with the speaker or watch free gifts. That promo is through Samsung but it seems the $200 trade in credit that rogers has on their promo site might be through samsung as well. But there is one interesting difference in the details on the Samsung site it doesnt list specific models to trade in it says " Device purchased in Canada, any brand and any model." does anyone have any more info on this?  Can i trade in my old Dell Streak 5? I have quite a few ancient phones collecting dust, I would love to get something for at least one of them.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
@rtsascf

I would just use the email you received when you pre ordered as proof.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
Discussed some pages back, Samsung doesn't of buying in their stores doesn't care what phone or condition, Rogers has a list of applicable phones to get the $200 and has to power on and no cracked screen

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dave_608

Samsung Canada and the carriers have a different way of doing this promotion. Samsung doesn't have a specific list of devices meanwhile Rogers and most carriers have a list of them. Sadly the Dell Streak is not included. Here is the list.

" Offer ends October 3, 2016 in participating Rogers retail locations only (while supplies last and subject to change without notice). $200 trade-in credit available to customers who trade in the following devices: Apple iPhone 5C (or newer), Samsung GS4 (or newer), LG G3 (or newer), HTC One M8 (or newer), BlackBerry Q10/Z10 (or newer), Sony Xperia Z3 (or newer), Moto X Play (or newer) with purchase or upgrade to a new Samsung S7 and S7 edge and activation of a 2-yr Share Everything plan. Subject to trade-up program terms and conditions (if trade-in device is valued at $200 or more, customer receives credit equivalent to regular applicable trade value). Credit will be applied in store for new customers and as a bill credit on second or third invoice for existing customers. Connection fee of $20/line applies to activate service, early cancellation fees apply."

On the actual form it show S7 but it's meant for the Note 7. They copied and pasted it but never changed the wording.

Japetto
I plan to stick around
I never received any emails from Rogers about my ore order. I called them and they entered my email address wrong in their system. I will use a screenshot of the reservation page and hopefully that will be accepted

poetic1743
I plan to stick around

I was #1 for the black onyx my status changed to shipped and my store still hasn't got my phone. So it looks like I'm not going to be getting it today.

The reservation system is flawed. Man Frustrated

wpd1
I plan to stick around

@poetic1743

Ask your store what time they receive their shipments. Every store has a delivery window.

jay00funk
I plan to stick around

Your Note will probably be delivered to your store at some point today. Did you go with a Rogers store or dealer?

nickf
I plan to stick around

@poetic1743 wrote:

I was #1 for the black onyx my status changed to shipped and my store still hasn't got my phone. So it looks like I'm not going to be getting it today.

The reservation system is flawed. Man Frustrated

Though I can't say for sure, but I wouldn't lose hope completely yet if I were you. There is a very good chance (along with everyone else whose status changed last night) that Rogers shipped it out yesterday during the day, and then batched the reservation updates at night. If that is the case, your phone COULD be out for delivery today (to arrive by evening). A totally plausible scenario.

GibMcFragger
I'm a reliable contributor
Well I caved. I have a black one on hold. I'm picking it up Monday, lol.
That's the good news. The bad news is that I'm leaving Rogers for the other guys. One of the guys at my work used to work at a Telus dealer, so he's hooking me up.

The credits alone made it worth the switch (the Note 7 is costing me nothing).

I'll miss our chats, meowmix!

biks21
I plan to stick around
Disregard that list. You can trade in any smartphone you like, trust me I know!

jay00funk
I plan to stick around

@biks21 wrote:
Disregard that list. You can trade in any smartphone you like, trust me I know!

I just called, they said it has to be on the list that was just posted.

biks21
I plan to stick around
For the S7, they used the exact same promotion. My sister traded in her old blackberry pearl and got the credits. Trust me, take it in and see the results. Reps don't know everything tbh

jeneric28
I plan to stick around

anyone know where they have screen protectors in store already for the note 7?

Downtown Toronto??

jay00funk
I plan to stick around

@biks21 wrote:
For the S7, they used the exact same promotion. My sister traded in her old blackberry pearl and got the credits. Trust me, take it in and see the results. Reps don't know everything tbh

I called a few stores to check my old note, and they both read me off the list. $25 lol I let them know a few 'friends' got credits for older models and they said it won't apply. I'll try to swing the promo, we'll see.

DragonsBeard
I'm here a lot

Mine went to ship status on wednesday evening and my store still has not gotten it yet. I am really beginning to lose hope i will get it today as well... 😞

nickf
I plan to stick around

@DragonsBeard wrote:

Mine went to ship status on wednesday evening and my store still has not gotten it yet. I am really beginning to lose hope i will get it today as well... 😞

Oh wow. Where are you located?