cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jay00funk

LOL! You know, if I see mine has shipped tonight, I'll be trying to finish work so fast tomorrow to get it! Lol

Jet63
I'm here a lot
Wow! Reserving it now!!! 🙂

jkffghjfghjfgjh
I plan to stick around

Called my local store, my reserved unit is not in. (I was number 12 for silver, and I reserved mine within the first few hours of the reservation opening)

They do however have units for walk-in clients to pick them up. He wanted me to know that I would be forfeiting the speaker or the gear fit bracelet thingie if I did so. 

Now not to keep beating the dead horse, but I have no idea how this system makes any sense. Our loyalty and anticipation is met with nothing more than a slap to the face.  They ask us to put up 40 bucks in advance, preying on our eagerness  and anticipation and let joe blow walk in the morning of and get the phones before us. I guess they figure they know we are for sure sales in the win column for them, so they want to cash in on everybody else opening day, so they give the stock away to them first?

This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry is renting a car:

"You know how to take the reservation,  you just don't know how to hold the reservation,  and that's really the most important part of the reservation! The holding, anybody can just take them...."

Ha ha ha ha, oh well, mine still says "in progress" so I am guessing I am going to be next week.... I don't mind waiting for this one though, I actually had my eye on that exact bluetooth speaker and if it is going to save me a few hundred bucks, I can grit my teeth until Monday, .... maybe Tuesday. BUT NOT A DAY LONGER! 

ha ha ha. I am jelly of all you who got their calls today.... 😞 so unfair.

I think they should give pre-orders out in order of time spent with rogers and overall $$$ spent. I gotta be some sorta Black Diamond Super VIP in that case....

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Jet63

If you are reservating it now, u won't get it tomorrow. Just so u understand that. It will come sometime next week but u will get the free watch. U will however have to file a paper with Samsung promotion site in order to get it. U won't get the band with the device. This is a Samsung promotion.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jkffghjfghjfgjh

Agreed but again it all depends on the units in stock. Rogers has NO control on how many units they receive when a phone is being launched. That is however up to the manufacturers. They can send as many as they want and see fit. I know this from past experience dealing with them my self from work and here. They control the stock. As for the status changes, it can take 1-3 business days to change and they do state that and also state that u might not be the first one to get it at launch. Always u need to read the FAQ and fine print. I have explained this many times in the past 4years doing this. ( also explained it numourse times here too). So again the reservation system is made to keep a device with ur name on it once they get it.

The$40 is credited back to ur account once u cancel the reservation problem when it ships out. So the $40 u get back no matter what.

I see your point though. Again u guys can see a status. I see nothing good at all.. So I don't know what is going on with mine

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

Here is something to read about the pre orders and how it's a huge demand. As u can see even Samsung knows it and carriers have limited stock. So for the ones that complained that Rogers didn't get enough and blame Rogers, here is ur answer.

" In fact, Samsung may have underestimated demand for the device here in Canada. We’ve just received a message from the manufacturer hinting that Note 7 retail inventory may be limited, and that some consumers may not get their new smartphone tomorrow, even if they pre-ordered it.

“We appreciate the strong demand and positive response to the Galaxy Note7 from consumers across the globe. We’ve experienced an unprecedented number of pre-orders from Canadians and we’re excited to begin fulfilling orders on August 19th. Over the coming weeks, we’ll work with our valued carrier and retail partners to provide wide-reaching national retail availability,” said the statement.

When asked to clarify the company’s statement, a spokesperson for Samsung Canada said, “We have further details to share other than that we will be fulfilling pre-orders starting tomorrow.”

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/08/18/canadian-retail-availability-of-the-galaxy-note-7-may-be-limited-d...

Jet63
I'm here a lot

@Meowmix 

Oh, ok I understand. Thanks so much for your help!!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Jet63

You are welcome!

jkffghjfghjfgjh
I plan to stick around
While I can appreciate the fact that Rogers only receives what it gets from Samsung, it IS their choice HOW they distribute those limited numbers.

My beef, as usual, is that Rogers chooses not to allocate the few units IT DOES have to those who reserved first. My local store told me they have stock, and they have all three colors. How does Rogers think that it is good business to reserve an item in advance only to be put at the back of the list? If anything they should simply call this system something else like "Free exclusive gift if you wait a few days after launch program"

Reservation implies some sort of priority over people without a reservation when that is clearly not the case. And yes I also understand that in the fine print somewhere it probably clearly outlines that I may or may not recieve it on launch day, but hey we are all here to vent right?

And yes, I know this is how it goes, I have reserved many phones prior so it doesn't faze me anymore and the idea of getting something this time that I actually want makes this entire ordeal palatable this time.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

From a business perspective, one of the main purposes of a new phone release is to attract new customers. While some phones are allocated to reservations, they still want to attract new customers and as such, allocate some units at store level for this purpose. For your pre order troubles, you are offered the free accessories. If you don't want them, go to a store tomorrow and pick up a note 7. I know with the iPhones that there was instances of stores not releasing units unless you were a new customer. Don't know if that would be the case tomorrow.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @jkffghjfghjfgjh

Again it's all different.

Anyways this is what Samsung said about the pre orders and carriers having delays. Even Mobilesyrup is posting this.

" In fact, Samsung may have underestimated demand for the device here in Canada. We’ve just received a message from the manufacturer hinting that Note 7 retail inventory may be limited, and that some consumers may not get their new smartphone tomorrow, even if they pre-ordered it.

“We appreciate the strong demand and positive response to the Galaxy Note7 from consumers across the globe. We’ve experienced an unprecedented number of pre-orders from Canadians and we’re excited to begin fulfilling orders on August 19th. Over the coming weeks, we’ll work with our valued carrier and retail partners to provide wide-reaching national retail availability,” said the statement.

When asked to clarify the company’s statement, a spokesperson for Samsung Canada said, “We have further details to share other than that we will be fulfilling pre-orders starting tomorrow.”

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/08/18/canadian-retail-availability-of-the-galaxy-note-7-may-be-limited-d...

comcry
I plan to stick around

Just got the call that mine will be ready to pick up at the store tomorrow morning.  Now I know for sure I made the right choice not going with Rogers this time! Too bad, I can't pick up until the end of the work days...its going to feel like forever.  Luckily Fridays are so busy the time flys!

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@wpd1 wrote:

From a business perspective, one of the main purposes of a new phone release is to attract new customers. While some phones are allocated to reservations, they still want to attract new customers and as such, allocate some units at store level for this purpose. For your pre order troubles, you are offered the free accessories. If you don't want them, go to a store tomorrow and pick up a note 7. I know with the iPhones that there was instances of stores not releasing units unless you were a new customer. Don't know if that would be the case tomorrow.

I think may be if people don't want to line up anymore, they can wait for the Iphone 7, they should be able to get it in no time ....LOL...:P

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Exactly. That is how they get new customers and also walk ins. They put i believe majority towards the reservations but still ship to the stores.

That is how most carriers are with pre orders. For you to pre order and wait, u get a free bonus for the wait and pre ordering. If u walk in u get nothing but just the device.

Also u are correct. They did that last year with the 6S as well.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

Doing all the reservation threads since 2012 i can tell you that its been hectic for the iPhone launches and reservations. lol

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @germain18_2006

Doing all the reservation threads since 2012 i can tell you that its been hectic for the iPhone launches and reservations. lol

I'm making fun of the Iphone 7 as many assumed that due to it's almost unchanged appearance, the sale may drop...LOL...:P

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

who knows. I have heard some people want it but most do not due to the same look, removing the 3.5 audio jack and also making the camera bump bigger

wpd1
I plan to stick around

I'm just amazed at the interest in the note 7. Frankly, I'm amazed at this level of interest and inventory issues over any phone not named iPhone. I've been a note user for some time but this is the first release that's generated this much attention. Wonder if this is saying more about how people are starting to feel about the iPhone ?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

It is. The iPhone has had the same front and back looking design since the iPhone 2G ( Granted the design of the back has changed and a bigger screen has come out) but many are tired of the same looking device with small battery and millions owning them. Also not to say that Apple claim they are the best at everything and make others look bad when they themselves take apps or things from other manufactures and tweak it a bit and claim they made it. Seen it many times and also the patent suing over the corners of the devices and buttons and such makes them look bad now. This is the first Note that has water proofing and comes with new things on it!

jkffghjfghjfgjh
I plan to stick around
Oh, I whole heartedly agree. Nothing like a shiny new phone to woo someone over from Bell or Telus (And vice versa right?)

It shouldn't be this way but obviously it is the name of the game.

Like I said, getting the free bluetooth speaker is what makes this wait just that much more bearable cause I really do want it, and it will be a nice bonus to wait a few extra days (maybe! hopefully mine ships tonight!!!!)

jkffghjfghjfgjh
I plan to stick around

I can proudly say I have had every generation of the Note since the beginning and each phone I got it as fresh as I possibly could. I get bored with the same phone after about a year, and this year is no exception.

I am pretty sure I am not alone. Lot's of people on the Note Train who love their phones and want the latest and greatest each year. I always look forward to late summer for this exact reason. 

lol.

The iPhone will always have its legion of, pumpkin spice latte drinking, Micheal Kors watch wearing, coach purse toting, girls who can't live without it. 

Admittedly I did like the look of the iPhone 6+ when it debuted..... But I never bought one.