Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

While I can appreciate the fact that Rogers only receives what it gets from Samsung, it IS their choice HOW they distribute those limited numbers.

My beef, as usual, is that Rogers chooses not to allocate the few units IT DOES have to those who reserved first. My local store told me they have stock, and they have all three colors. How does Rogers think that it is good business to reserve an item in advance only to be put at the back of the list? If anything they should simply call this system something else like "Free exclusive gift if you wait a few days after launch program"

Reservation implies some sort of priority over people without a reservation when that is clearly not the case. And yes I also understand that in the fine print somewhere it probably clearly outlines that I may or may not recieve it on launch day, but hey we are all here to vent right?

And yes, I know this is how it goes, I have reserved many phones prior so it doesn't faze me anymore and the idea of getting something this time that I actually want makes this entire ordeal palatable this time.
I Plan to Stick Around

From a business perspective, one of the main purposes of a new phone release is to attract new customers. While some phones are allocated to reservations, they still want to attract new customers and as such, allocate some units at store level for this purpose. For your pre order troubles, you are offered the free accessories. If you don't want them, go to a store tomorrow and pick up a note 7. I know with the iPhones that there was instances of stores not releasing units unless you were a new customer. Don't know if that would be the case tomorrow.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jkffghjfghjfgjh

Again it's all different.

Anyways this is what Samsung said about the pre orders and carriers having delays. Even Mobilesyrup is posting this.

" In fact, Samsung may have underestimated demand for the device here in Canada. We’ve just received a message from the manufacturer hinting that Note 7 retail inventory may be limited, and that some consumers may not get their new smartphone tomorrow, even if they pre-ordered it.

“We appreciate the strong demand and positive response to the Galaxy Note7 from consumers across the globe. We’ve experienced an unprecedented number of pre-orders from Canadians and we’re excited to begin fulfilling orders on August 19th. Over the coming weeks, we’ll work with our valued carrier and retail partners to provide wide-reaching national retail availability,” said the statement.

When asked to clarify the company’s statement, a spokesperson for Samsung Canada said, “We have further details to share other than that we will be fulfilling pre-orders starting tomorrow.”

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/08/18/canadian-retail-availability-of-the-galaxy-note-7-may-be-limited-d...

I Plan to Stick Around

Just got the call that mine will be ready to pick up at the store tomorrow morning.  Now I know for sure I made the right choice not going with Rogers this time! Too bad, I can't pick up until the end of the work days...its going to feel like forever.  Luckily Fridays are so busy the time flys!

I Plan to Stick Around

@wpd1 wrote:

From a business perspective, one of the main purposes of a new phone release is to attract new customers. While some phones are allocated to reservations, they still want to attract new customers and as such, allocate some units at store level for this purpose. For your pre order troubles, you are offered the free accessories. If you don't want them, go to a store tomorrow and pick up a note 7. I know with the iPhones that there was instances of stores not releasing units unless you were a new customer. Don't know if that would be the case tomorrow.

I think may be if people don't want to line up anymore, they can wait for the Iphone 7, they should be able to get it in no time ....LOL...:P

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Exactly. That is how they get new customers and also walk ins. They put i believe majority towards the reservations but still ship to the stores.

That is how most carriers are with pre orders. For you to pre order and wait, u get a free bonus for the wait and pre ordering. If u walk in u get nothing but just the device.

Also u are correct. They did that last year with the 6S as well.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @germain18_2006

Doing all the reservation threads since 2012 i can tell you that its been hectic for the iPhone launches and reservations. lol
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @germain18_2006

Doing all the reservation threads since 2012 i can tell you that its been hectic for the iPhone launches and reservations. lol

I'm making fun of the Iphone 7 as many assumed that due to it's almost unchanged appearance, the sale may drop...LOL...:P

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @germain18_2006

who knows. I have heard some people want it but most do not due to the same look, removing the 3.5 audio jack and also making the camera bump bigger
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm just amazed at the interest in the note 7. Frankly, I'm amazed at this level of interest and inventory issues over any phone not named iPhone. I've been a note user for some time but this is the first release that's generated this much attention. Wonder if this is saying more about how people are starting to feel about the iPhone ?