cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Jet63
I'm here a lot

Does anyone know if I went tomorrow morning early, if a local Rogers store would have any Note 7's in stock? Are they supposed to get a shipment like on iPhone release day?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Jet63

As i indicated a couple of times in the thread and also above, it all depends on shipments and how many units they got. So stores could only get maybe 1-3 units or none. Do remember most stores never got a shipment for the iPhone unless they are a high end store ( under the Rogers tower or high traffic location). Also do remember that stores start getting then today and some will get stock tomorrow afternoon ( if UPS doesnt drop it off in the morning). Call before going.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
The anger here is starting to rival an iPhone release. I'm impressed!

I was 2 for silver and went in progress on Tuesday. Still in progress today but expect it will ship tonight. I suspect they are shipping by regions with furthest first. One day shipping locations will ship tonight. Relax all!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

That could be well that could happen. Anything can happen. Normally Rogers will send the devices one day shipping or express for reservations. I noticed that.

5five5
I plan to stick around
I was number 40 for blue. It moved up to number 1 Tuesday but no status change. Today it still shows number 1 but status is Open. While a user on this forum was number 6 and got shipped. This is complete bull.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@5five5 wrote:
I was number 40 for blue. It moved up to number 1 Tuesday but no status change. Today it still shows number 1 but status is Open. While a user on this forum was number 6 and got shipped. This is complete bull.

I think you're talking about me 😛 I'm actually a true #6 which I'd reserved in the first few minutes when they started the reservation.  But I think in your case, they may be 40 of them ahead of you and you are actually #41.  May be they just had enough to fulfilled the Blue for the first 40 so yours still Open and waiting for more Blue to come in...just my guess:(

5five5
I plan to stick around
I'm OK with one day wait, though it still defeats the purpose of pre-ordering plus proves the system makes no sense (users with much higher numbers than I received shipped status while I'm still on Open.)

In any event, I will never again pre-order from Rogers. Come Note 8, I may shop for another provider.

Cheers.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @5five5

Yes you have said that many times.. Again i have explained this many times to u. The user was that number before urs switched. His number was first before urs. U went down from 40 to 1 after the 40 devices changed statues.

Again try to relax. It's a device and a status. Unlike u, i am unable to see anything. So don't know why your going so crazy over this. I understand it's a device but ur lucky to even see a status or anything. I have NO clue if my reservation even is IN PROGRESS or OPEN.. So calmdown and breath a bit. Urs will change.

5five5
I plan to stick around
Thanks. It just shows a level of incompetence on their part. I placed my order on August 2nd. I was number 40 that day. Somehow I'm number one with no status update whatsoever. I've never seen such terrible service regarding the pre-ordering of any product elsewhere. The 1st two times I pre-ordered with Rogers I never received an update. I had to buy the devices in store and then they cancelled the so-called pre-order.

I hope all works well for you. I'm sure I'll be stuck waiting days if not weeks.

5five5
I plan to stick around
I shall not calm down. I take great offence to being told to accept being treated unfairly. If this had happened to all, I'd be more understanding. But I see people who ordered much later than me getting shipping notices. I ordered the very first day, on my birthday at that, just to watch others fly past. So please do not tell me how to react to my very own perceptions. I'm finished with this forum.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @5five5

How exactly does it show incompetents on their part? Because ur number went down and they have no stock? Complain to Samsung Canada for that. Been doing this for year and know the ins and outs.

Again if u had such a bad experience before as u claim, why did u reserve this time and not wait to go to the store? Was it for the perks? Then I am sure u can wait. It's a device again try to stay clam and spend time with ur family. Life is to short to be mad over something like this. Sorry but blaming Rogers because u want ur device on launch date When in the FAQ it statues u might not get it it at launch is not their fault. Again it's stock issues and we seen it before. Also Samsunf Canada has changed their timing for delivery for the Note 7 with them.

kavkaz
I plan to stick around
14 hours until i get mine.... shaking... can't sleep.. cant eat...

haha can you tell i m crazy about tech..

i took a day off to get the S7E on the day it came out and i was the first in Canada to get it

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @5five5

I don't think u are understanding how the reservation works. The people u are seeing pass u are with OTHER colors. The ones that were BEFORE u got in progress status because they got that many units. Again this is a device. You are getting to upset and mad over a status change. Take some time to breath a bit and understand that this happens all the time. Maybe u should go over to Bell which is telling customers that their pre orders will have to wait a couple of days. Or Samsunf which not is changing the shipping dates due to the large orders. Again don't blame Rogers on stock issue when Rogers has NOTHING to do with that. The manufacturers send them whatever devices they have.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

Incorrect sir. You were not. Samsung Canada did not state that nor did Rogers lol. I got the S7 Edge at 9am when the store opened at launch . Does that make me first too? Lmfao just playing.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @kavkaz

Incorrect sir. You were not. Samsung Canada did not state that nor did Rogers lol. I got the S7 Edge at 9am when the store opened at launch . Does that make me first too? Lmfao just playing.

No No No. I'm the very first. Cuz I had a dream I got it the night before it released. ROFL

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

ROFL! wait no! I was first because i felt it at the store in the Samsung Experience store when they first showed them off!

Or wait i was first actually because i went to the announcement and felt it! Lol

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @germain18_2006

ROFL! wait no! I was first because i felt it at the store in the Samsung Experience store when they first showed them off!

Or wait i was first actually because i went to the announcement and felt it! Lol

OK. Let's do it this time. This is the forum for the whole Canada right. We just see who will post his/her first Note 7 picture here ...LOL:P

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

You guys will win because i work 6:30am till 3pm tomorrow and won't get it until 4 or so lol

Jet63
I'm here a lot
Will Rogers still give the Gear Fit 2 for free if I bought it in store tomorrow? Or is that bonus exclusive to reservations?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Jet63

To get the Samsung 64GB memory card, Gear Fit2 or the speaker is a exclusive promotion ONLY of u pre order or reserve from any carrier and Samsung. Walk ins do not get this promotion.

jay00funk
I plan to stick around
Quick... Go eat, man! You're going to have no thumb energy to play with your new note lol