Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

@cubordinate wrote:

Unless you have a case with a protective flap having screen protector of some sort is almost mandatory. Problem is the curved protectors made of glass for the S7E have issues with placement and clarity with some funky rainbow dot effect/and plastic protectors are just gross to the touch for me.

If anyone has a good recommendation for a glass protector with nice feel and good look would love to know.

http://ca.crackberry.com/puregear-tempered-glass-screen-protector/15A43A24515.htm

I'm looking at one of this now...it will soon in stock. Not sure if this PureGear Brand, anyone experienced?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@nickf wrote:

@wpd1 wrote:

As I understand from this forum, there really isn't a choice for screen protectors for this device. Second, I don't like screen protectors to start out with but even less so for a device with a pen. The pen does not flow very well across the screen. Like you're writing in mud. Now, I don't know anyone that will intentionally use a metal scraper to scratch the screen so I wonder if that test is in any way a reflection of day to day reality in the first place.

I'm with you on this. But I think that video is definitely a good indication of its day-to-day scratch resistance though. I used the S6E and Nexus 5 without screen protection and they ended up with scratches everywhere. Never dropped it, never exposed it to sand, keys, rocks etc.

Being lower on the hardness scale, the new Gorilla Glass 5 definitely will not endure the same elements that scratched the Gorilla Glass 4. Furthermore, it will be vulnerable to even more elements that wasn't able to scratch the GG4.

Samsung is offering an official screen protector for the Note 7. I'm hoping that would be my ultimate solution. But like most of their other products, it's anyone's guess when and where that would be available for purchase. 

Where is the info for that official screen protector?:)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@germain18_2006 wrote:

@nickf wrote:

@wpd1 wrote:

As I understand from this forum, there really isn't a choice for screen protectors for this device. Second, I don't like screen protectors to start out with but even less so for a device with a pen. The pen does not flow very well across the screen. Like you're writing in mud. Now, I don't know anyone that will intentionally use a metal scraper to scratch the screen so I wonder if that test is in any way a reflection of day to day reality in the first place.

I'm with you on this. But I think that video is definitely a good indication of its day-to-day scratch resistance though. I used the S6E and Nexus 5 without screen protection and they ended up with scratches everywhere. Never dropped it, never exposed it to sand, keys, rocks etc.

Being lower on the hardness scale, the new Gorilla Glass 5 definitely will not endure the same elements that scratched the Gorilla Glass 4. Furthermore, it will be vulnerable to even more elements that wasn't able to scratch the GG4.

Samsung is offering an official screen protector for the Note 7. I'm hoping that would be my ultimate solution. But like most of their other products, it's anyone's guess when and where that would be available for purchase. 

Where is the info for that official screen protector?:)

http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/mobile-devices/accessories/case/ET-FN930CTEGCA

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Even though I still see in progress I also get this message.

Shipping process has begun. Additional changes cannot be made. An email with shipping details has been/will be sent to you.

There might still be hope after all...

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

if mine is showing shipped since last night, I was wondering if I call the rogers store today do you think they will have it and sell it to me?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no. 

Like everything else that is so hyped up for the launch, if they got caught releasing this early it could probably mean huge fines, head's rolling, and all in all a whole lotta headache for the store who gets caught.

While it might not draw a midnight launch like some major video game titles / consoles or shoe releases (I have waited in line starting at like 3 am for a particular pair of Jordans just to ensure I could get them when the mall opened at 9 am.) Or the beloved iPhone launches which draws crowds days before the launch and has people camping out for them. (mind boggling I know)

The launch will have to be adhered to strictly.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No you cannot. Official release is tomorrow and plus there's no hassle for you as you already pre ordered the phone. Simply walk in and grab it 10am tomorrow! Boom!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So I spoke to the manager at the Rogers plus store and he confimed my phone won't be there tomorrow morning. However he will have phones in store for walk ins. I would also lose my free gift and the SD card. So if my phone is not in tomorrow I'll pass by Videotron first since they have the same phone for 279$ and save a cool 280$ and if they don't have any there I'll stay with Rogers. I've been let down before by Rogers reservation...fool me thrice right.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Mrnovanova wrote:

So I spoke to the manager at the Rogers plus store and he confimed my phone won't be there tomorrow morning. However he will have phones in store for walk ins. I would also lose my free gift and the SD card. So if my phone is not in tomorrow I'll pass by Videotron first since they have the same phone for 279$ and save a cool 280$ and if they don't have any there I'll stay with Rogers. I've been let down before by Rogers reservation...fool me thrice right.

Wow and you were #7 to begin with? That's a huge letdown.

I Plan to Stick Around

so does that mean that all of us who still are in the in progress status arent getting our phones tomorrow? I hope this doesnt effect any of us