cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

cubordinate
I plan to stick around

Mine is still in-progress (Black) but I am sure it will ship today. Just received my Ringke Fusion Crystalview case and extra cable from Amazon. Wish there was a good screen protector for the Note 7 but from what I hear from the G7E there are not to many great options.

italianfitguy
I plan to stick around
I received the email and text message that my blue note 7 has been shipped. Yaay lol

Jayv1971
I plan to stick around

Yeah mine still says in progress too but Im pretty the rest of the people with the in progress status will get ours shipped out today and we should be able to pick it up tomorrow on launch day. "fingers crossed"

lundon44
I plan to stick around

More importantly, it turns out us Note 7 owners may also need to invest in screen protectors for this phone. Being someone that hasn't needed one for about 5 yrs I'm pretty disappointed by this. I rarely ever drop my phone, maybe twice a year. I always keep my phone in my pocket with nothing else in it. But I'm almost paranoid now that it will end up with micro-scratches somehow. Turns out the Gorilla Glass 5 is better for drops but worse for scratches. Worse than most phones and much worse than the GS7. Ouch.

Proof here: Durability tests reveal a number of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 vulnerabilities (Video)

comcry
I plan to stick around

Does anyone know - if I am going from an iphone to note 7 do I require a new sim card.  I purchased N7 at the Samsung Experience Store.  Hoping for a flawless transition tomorrow.

Also - looking for a recommendation on a car charger, please and thank you.

Lastly, not that it affects me but just curious.  For those of you who have had your device "shipped" and are sharing with the rest of us - can you also include what number you were and color choice.  I had a very bad first experience; hence why I went to samsung this time.  Just wondering if this time is any better for those who pre-ordered from Rogers.  One day to go....:)

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

Whoever is IN PROGRESS status will change tonight. So no need to worry 🙂

wpd1
I plan to stick around

As I understand from this forum, there really isn't a choice for screen protectors for this device. Second, I don't like screen protectors to start out with but even less so for a device with a pen. The pen does not flow very well across the screen. Like you're writing in mud. Now, I don't know anyone that will intentionally use a metal scraper to scratch the screen so I wonder if that test is in any way a reflection of day to day reality in the first place.

cubordinate
I plan to stick around

Unless you have a case with a protective flap having screen protector of some sort is almost mandatory. Problem is the curved protectors made of glass for the S7E have issues with placement and clarity with some funky rainbow dot effect/and plastic protectors are just gross to the touch for me.

If anyone has a good recommendation for a glass protector with nice feel and good look would love to know.

jdevic
I've been here awhile

Anyone who pre-ordered Silver got shipped?

I have been #1 since the begining, but mine still shows in progress.

It is being shipped to our corp dealer.

I am kind worried, because i am off on a 3 weeks vacation next thursday.

Will it be too late for me to activate the line mid Sep and claim the Gear fit 2???

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @comcry

If the iPhone u have has a nano sim card then u are fine. It's the smallest one out there

biks21
I plan to stick around
Hey, iPhone 5 and above don't require a different sim. Also spigen have a charger for the car, it's really good and fast charge!

nickf
I plan to stick around

@wpd1 wrote:

As I understand from this forum, there really isn't a choice for screen protectors for this device. Second, I don't like screen protectors to start out with but even less so for a device with a pen. The pen does not flow very well across the screen. Like you're writing in mud. Now, I don't know anyone that will intentionally use a metal scraper to scratch the screen so I wonder if that test is in any way a reflection of day to day reality in the first place.

I'm with you on this. But I think that video is definitely a good indication of its day-to-day scratch resistance though. I used the S6E and Nexus 5 without screen protection and they ended up with scratches everywhere. Never dropped it, never exposed it to sand, keys, rocks etc.

Being lower on the hardness scale, the new Gorilla Glass 5 definitely will not endure the same elements that scratched the Gorilla Glass 4. Furthermore, it will be vulnerable to even more elements that wasn't able to scratch the GG4.

Samsung is offering an official screen protector for the Note 7. I'm hoping that would be my ultimate solution. But like most of their other products, it's anyone's guess when and where that would be available for purchase. 

lundon44
I plan to stick around

It's a been concerning that the glass scratches almost as easily as plastic. And I'm sure we all know how easily plastic scratches. Sure, we could all say that day to day use doesn't involve running exacto knives and keys along our phone screens but I have a bad feeling that just keeping this phone in my empty jeans pockets is enough to cause micro-scratches.

@cubordinate wrote:

Unless you have a case with a protective flap having screen protector of some sort is almost mandatory. Problem is the curved protectors made of glass for the S7E have issues with placement and clarity with some funky rainbow dot effect/and plastic protectors are just gross to the touch for me.

If anyone has a good recommendation for a glass protector with nice feel and good look would love to know.

http://ca.crackberry.com/puregear-tempered-glass-screen-protector/15A43A24515.htm

I'm looking at one of this now...it will soon in stock. Not sure if this PureGear Brand, anyone experienced?

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@nickf wrote:

@wpd1 wrote:

I'm with you on this. But I think that video is definitely a good indication of its day-to-day scratch resistance though. I used the S6E and Nexus 5 without screen protection and they ended up with scratches everywhere. Never dropped it, never exposed it to sand, keys, rocks etc.

Being lower on the hardness scale, the new Gorilla Glass 5 definitely will not endure the same elements that scratched the Gorilla Glass 4. Furthermore, it will be vulnerable to even more elements that wasn't able to scratch the GG4.

Samsung is offering an official screen protector for the Note 7. I'm hoping that would be my ultimate solution. But like most of their other products, it's anyone's guess when and where that would be available for purchase. 

Where is the info for that official screen protector?:)

nickf
I plan to stick around

@germain18_2006 wrote:

@nickf wrote:

@wpd1 wrote:

Where is the info for that official screen protector?:)

http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/mobile-devices/accessories/case/ET-FN930CTEGCA

Mrnovanova
I plan to stick around

Even though I still see in progress I also get this message.

Shipping process has begun. Additional changes cannot be made. An email with shipping details has been/will be sent to you.

There might still be hope after all...

DragonsBeard
I'm here a lot

if mine is showing shipped since last night, I was wondering if I call the rogers store today do you think they will have it and sell it to me?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no. 

Like everything else that is so hyped up for the launch, if they got caught releasing this early it could probably mean huge fines, head's rolling, and all in all a whole lotta headache for the store who gets caught.

While it might not draw a midnight launch like some major video game titles / consoles or shoe releases (I have waited in line starting at like 3 am for a particular pair of Jordans just to ensure I could get them when the mall opened at 9 am.) Or the beloved iPhone launches which draws crowds days before the launch and has people camping out for them. (mind boggling I know)

The launch will have to be adhered to strictly.

biks21
I plan to stick around
No you cannot. Official release is tomorrow and plus there's no hassle for you as you already pre ordered the phone. Simply walk in and grab it 10am tomorrow! Boom!

Mrnovanova
I plan to stick around

So I spoke to the manager at the Rogers plus store and he confimed my phone won't be there tomorrow morning. However he will have phones in store for walk ins. I would also lose my free gift and the SD card. So if my phone is not in tomorrow I'll pass by Videotron first since they have the same phone for 279$ and save a cool 280$ and if they don't have any there I'll stay with Rogers. I've been let down before by Rogers reservation...fool me thrice right.