Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

More importantly, it turns out us Note 7 owners may also need to invest in screen protectors for this phone. Being someone that hasn't needed one for about 5 yrs I'm pretty disappointed by this. I rarely ever drop my phone, maybe twice a year. I always keep my phone in my pocket with nothing else in it. But I'm almost paranoid now that it will end up with micro-scratches somehow. Turns out the Gorilla Glass 5 is better for drops but worse for scratches. Worse than most phones and much worse than the GS7. Ouch.

Proof here: Durability tests reveal a number of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 vulnerabilities (Video)

I Plan to Stick Around

Does anyone know - if I am going from an iphone to note 7 do I require a new sim card.  I purchased N7 at the Samsung Experience Store.  Hoping for a flawless transition tomorrow.

Also - looking for a recommendation on a car charger, please and thank you.

Lastly, not that it affects me but just curious.  For those of you who have had your device "shipped" and are sharing with the rest of us - can you also include what number you were and color choice.  I had a very bad first experience; hence why I went to samsung this time.  Just wondering if this time is any better for those who pre-ordered from Rogers.  One day to go....:)

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

Whoever is IN PROGRESS status will change tonight. So no need to worry 🙂
I Plan to Stick Around

As I understand from this forum, there really isn't a choice for screen protectors for this device. Second, I don't like screen protectors to start out with but even less so for a device with a pen. The pen does not flow very well across the screen. Like you're writing in mud. Now, I don't know anyone that will intentionally use a metal scraper to scratch the screen so I wonder if that test is in any way a reflection of day to day reality in the first place.

I Plan to Stick Around

Unless you have a case with a protective flap having screen protector of some sort is almost mandatory. Problem is the curved protectors made of glass for the S7E have issues with placement and clarity with some funky rainbow dot effect/and plastic protectors are just gross to the touch for me.

If anyone has a good recommendation for a glass protector with nice feel and good look would love to know.

I've Been Here Awhile

Anyone who pre-ordered Silver got shipped?

I have been #1 since the begining, but mine still shows in progress.

It is being shipped to our corp dealer.

I am kind worried, because i am off on a 3 weeks vacation next thursday.

Will it be too late for me to activate the line mid Sep and claim the Gear fit 2???

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @comcry

If the iPhone u have has a nano sim card then u are fine. It's the smallest one out there
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey, iPhone 5 and above don't require a different sim. Also spigen have a charger for the car, it's really good and fast charge!
I Plan to Stick Around

@wpd1 wrote:

As I understand from this forum, there really isn't a choice for screen protectors for this device. Second, I don't like screen protectors to start out with but even less so for a device with a pen. The pen does not flow very well across the screen. Like you're writing in mud. Now, I don't know anyone that will intentionally use a metal scraper to scratch the screen so I wonder if that test is in any way a reflection of day to day reality in the first place.

I'm with you on this. But I think that video is definitely a good indication of its day-to-day scratch resistance though. I used the S6E and Nexus 5 without screen protection and they ended up with scratches everywhere. Never dropped it, never exposed it to sand, keys, rocks etc.

Being lower on the hardness scale, the new Gorilla Glass 5 definitely will not endure the same elements that scratched the Gorilla Glass 4. Furthermore, it will be vulnerable to even more elements that wasn't able to scratch the GG4.

Samsung is offering an official screen protector for the Note 7. I'm hoping that would be my ultimate solution. But like most of their other products, it's anyone's guess when and where that would be available for purchase. 

I Plan to Stick Around

It's a been concerning that the glass scratches almost as easily as plastic. And I'm sure we all know how easily plastic scratches. Sure, we could all say that day to day use doesn't involve running exacto knives and keys along our phone screens but I have a bad feeling that just keeping this phone in my empty jeans pockets is enough to cause micro-scratches.