cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

kavkaz
I plan to stick around
i had my gear 360 for a couple of months now. its Ok. good for outdoor daytime video/photos

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nickf

Lets play fair here please.

Samsung in China has a 256GB model Note 7. So they should have given us a 128GB memory card. Samsung gives out a 64GB memory card. S7 / edge got it as well

lundon44
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @lundon44

Is your status show IN PROGRESS? If it does then u lose ur number as ur status changed.

Yup, it does show in progress. So I guess I'm fine regardless lol.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @lundon44

You are fine. IN PROGRESS means they have the device for you and getting it ready to ship out. You lose the number once u change statuses. 🙂

lundon44
I plan to stick around

Ahhh... got it. Thank you Meowmix!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @lundon44

You are welcome! 🙂

poetic1743
I plan to stick around

@kavkaz wrote:
got new gear vr on amazon.COM on preorder as welll

How much in Canadian did it come out too? I'm looking to pre-order it as well. 

Total Before Tax:
Import Fees Deposit:
Estimated Tax:

Order Total:
$108.96
$12.35
$0.00

$121.31

nickf
I plan to stick around

@rligsay wrote:
Total Before Tax:
Import Fees Deposit:
Estimated Tax:

Order Total:
$108.96
$12.35
$0.00

$121.31

That's USD. CAD you're looking at approximately $155.75 inc. S&H and duty.

edit: and maybe a few bucks more for your credit card's foreign exchange fees.

edit2: Canadian retail will likely be $119.99, plus tax is $135.59

rligsay
I'm here a lot

That's right, I forgot it was in USD. Thanks for the correction and conversion!

The original Gear VR's is selling for $139.99 on BestBuy, i'd predict the newer model to sell for the same, if not slightly more.

nickf
I plan to stick around

@rligsay wrote:

That's right, I forgot it was in USD. Thanks for the correction and conversion!

The original Gear VR's is selling for $139.99 on BestBuy, i'd predict the newer model to sell for the same, if not slightly more.

Hmm.. That's true. It might make sense to just buy it from amazon then..

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @rlingsay and @nickf

That is true but Best Buy does usually give u a device like the S7 / S7 edge or the S6 / S6 edge and give u the Gear VR for $49.99 on a 2 year term.

Its best just to buy it from Amazon

trazbot
I'm here a lot

For those worried about Exynos vs QC820. Android Central has a comparison article up with benchmarks. 

http://www.androidcentral.com/note-7-head-head-exynos-vs-snapdragon-benchmarks

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @trazbot

Not bad! Exynos is better on the battery life from what i saw on the S7 edge i had.

jay00funk
I plan to stick around

Nice! Thanks for posting the link (saves me googling lol) I wanted the Exynos chip, but both are so fast it comes down to battery life for me. I'm hoping Samsung fixed caching and battery life on the Dragon.

kavkaz
I plan to stick around
looks like there will be a shortage of everything note 7 related... so buy gear vr and backpack asap

still no update on backpack shipping status feom crackbery

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

Yeah i spoke to Samsung Canada this morning and their head manager for the store in Sheway said that the accessories have been pre order to each store and only a few will come to each store. Also seems like Samsung Canada has been giving limited of stock of everything to each reseller and carriers. I wonder, did they think this was not going to be such a seller and did not make enough?

Thankfully i ordered the backpack case a couple of days ago as you did from crackberry and await for the notification of shipping. I would not be surprised if we get it start of next week.

G_Money
I plan to stick around

I see that the Rogers Promotions website has dropped the reference to a 64GB SD Card being included with the phone - do you guys think we're still getting that if we already pre-ordered?

It just mentions the Samsung promotion and the $250 credit on trade-ins now.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @G_Money

They dropped it due to the amount they had.They will be giving them out with all reservations that have been made. Just removed it due to not having anymore. Spoke to them about it.
Fine print still shows it

" Offer available for a limited time starting August 3, 2016, while quantities last, and is subject to change without notice. Available with purchase of Samsung Note7 smartphone online or in Rogers corporate store locations. If customer returns the smartphone within 15 days of receiving the device, customer must also return the Samsung 64 GB Micro SD memory card in its original condition. Gifts not exchangeable or redeemable for cash."

MrFugazii
I plan to stick around
Hey @Meowmix, in regards to where to place my preorder, would it still be best to place it at Rogers Plus store still? Or has that all changed?
Your average Android Junkie

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @MrFugazii

It would be best to have it reserved to a Rogers Plus store. Some Authorized stores have their own private warehouses. So lets say u picked a Rogers authorized store, When rogers ships out ur device, it will not go to the store first. It will go to their own warehouse and then take a couple of days to get to the store. Some Rogers wireless authorized stores are like this.