cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

I already have 3 micro usb fast charging cables and adapters. I just want to get a couple of the Type-C cables so i do not need to use the one in the box ( just in case i decide to sell the device later on)

kavkaz
I plan to stick around
i still have a bunch from the short lived nexus 6p..

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

Not bad! i have seen so many posts that any third party Type-C cable will not work properly so i did not bother buying any third part as should no one else. Ill spend the $30 to get the original one

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
I wouldn't spend the $$ on official Samsung cables when there's many good and cheaper options. This guy is a Google Engineer and has done extensive research on cables that meet the requirements and is widely used as the go-to guy to find cables that will work: https://plus.google.com/collection/s0Inv

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

Everyone is different!. Some may want to spend the extra couple of dollars to get the official cable due to the warranty as remember, if u tell Samsung or Rogers that u are using a third party cable to charge the device, they may not let the warranty go through. From what i know as well and many do not trust third party cables. I do not mind them but rather spend a few extra dollars on that lol

5five5
I plan to stick around
I was number 40 for blue since August 2. I checked now and I'm number one but still open. I see others with higher numbers at "in progress." WTH?

With the Note 4, my status never changed and I picked up the phone at a local store before anything happened with pre-order. I just don't expect any results this time either. I hope I am wrong.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @5five5

Higher numbers with the same color? I know with black with the highest being 500 got IN PROGRESS but again depends on how many units and colors they got from Samsung

If the highest was on the blue one and u are still OPEN it could mean that the system didn't update as it has not for some and we have seen it in the past. Remember this is a system sometimes it won't update.

You guys are going crazy over seeing statuses were i can not see anything as my Reservation page has been done few weeks. So i am sure we can live without freaking out 🙂

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix why would you tell them what charger cable you used? If it ever came up I would just tell them the one that came with the phone. I like to get braided cables in longer than 3ft length as it's much more convenient to have 6ft-10ft cables for me. But I guess it's good we have options 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

Oh i am not speaking of my self lol. I have seen others do it and have heard of it so there are people that do that lol.

For me i am looking for a cable that is atleast 2 meters or 1.8m. My nightstand is just about 1.4m from the socket at the wall. So the Wireless stand up charger is fine but the longer one is good for my other places if i do not take my battery backpack i got lol

5five5
I plan to stick around
I'm sorry. It's just that my experience with pre-ordering was a complete failure. I never received any status updates and was able to find the phone at the same store I had selected, hence canceling the so-called pre-order. That was for the Note 4. Last year I did not bother with pre-ordering the Note 5 due to the 32gb memory. A couple of months later, the 64gb model was available and I picked one up.

Cheers. Hopefully this time Friday, all of us on this forum will be happily messing around with our new Note 7s.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @5five5

No worries! Hopefully we all end up getting them Friday and we enjoy our new toys!!!

italianfitguy
I plan to stick around
How are you #1 now? I've been #2 since aug 2nd for blue. Mine is in progress now but there is no number showing anymore.

5five5
I plan to stick around
At least you are in Progress. I'm still at Open despite moving up from 40 to 1. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @italianfitguy

Once you hit IN PROGRESS status u lose ur number and the next person gets it. That is how it works,

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @5five5

again it might be that they did not get enough blue. Samsung Canada and Samsung did make a statement publicly that the blue one out of all the colors has seen a very high demand on pre orders and dates have been pushed back for that one from Samsung Canada and Samsung directly. Carriers did make a statement that the pre orders are high but no comment on stock level as usual as they never comment about that.

Samina
I plan to stick around

Just wanted to give you guys an update. So apparently specifically my account was and is still having trouble reserving and they're still trying to fix it. Anyways, I just reserved it as a new line (new activation) and was #6 for blue and is now in progress. So even with my problems on the account, I still managed to get through!

5five5
I plan to stick around
So they only got 39 blue and just my luck at 40 and have to wait. Wow.

5five5
I plan to stick around
Unbelievable. I was number 40 on the first day. Today I'm number 1 and still listed as Open. This system is terrible. I'll never forget my Note 4 pre-order which I never received. I picked one up at the store before I ever got an updated status.

jay00funk
I plan to stick around

That does sound fustrating, man. Sounds like you should get up nice and early on Friday, grab a coffee... And then walk in to your local Rogers store at opening to nab a Note 7.

I went with black like all my previous Notes as I find it less distracting on the eyes when using it for media, but I really want to check out this Coral Blue for a change. I might just be heading in on Friday morning too. lol.

You'll no doubt have a nice new Note 7 come this Friday one way or another so don't fret. 🙂 

robx7fcna
I plan to stick around
I was #14 for the silver titanium and now I see my status has changed to in progress as well.

I can't wait! I'm making the long awaited jump from a note 3 to this.

I found a good deal at best buy today for the Samsung wireless charge pad for 49.99 and got the spigen case on amazon for 50% of like people have mentioned already. It kinda helps me deal with the high price of the phone lol.

jay00funk
I plan to stick around

Hey, man... I can't seem to find the Best Buy deal on the charger. Got a link?

I grabbed a few cases too! They were delivered a few days ago. The Spigen case is going to look pretty swank on the new phone. Which model did you grab?