Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Hey, what if I am #40 in line for the reservation? Sounds pretty low! I'm just really eager for the Note 7 and hope to get it the day of!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It's been hit or miss for me over the years, Rogers has been brutal with letting me know that they actually will have the device, couple times I just went to a different store and they had stock so I bought and canceled pre order. You should be fine at 40.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the quick review! Do you know how the free gift with the phone works? Do you get it with the phone purchase since I wasn't given an option to choose one when reserving
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @biks21

Once you receive your reservation from the store, go onto the Samsung promotion site and there u will enter all ur information including the IMEI number and a image of either the device or receipt. Then u will be able to pick either the Gear Fit 2 or the speaker! The SD card comes with the device!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @biks21

Since ur #40 u should be fine!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So I have a bit of a question here, the "old" note 5 stuff should be compatible with the new Note 7 right?

1. I have the Samsung Fast Charge Wireless Pad for my office, I assume this should still be good right? Now I know the new Fast Charge Pad is more of a stand, and it appears to have the USB-C input, but overall the old one should still charge my phone no problems right?

**EDIT** - The more pictures and review I read, I am not so sure the upright Fast Charge stand requires a USB-C input..... it might actually be the same Micro USB.... If that is the case then this new option is a complete waste of money... It is going to be 100 dollars just to have it upright and not flat....

2. I also have the Samsung Fast Charge Battery Pack, now I know the USB cable will have to be changed, but it should still work correctly no?

**EDIT** It appears as if this newer, fat battery pack does not even come with a cable, rendering this upgrade absolutely useless as well! Well I guess the battery pack is bigger, but no real advantage other than that.

I would hate to have to buy a brand new dock and a new battery pack for no reason if my current ones work fine...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jkffghjfghjfghjh

As per the charger then yes it will work. All my S7 edge wireless charger will work with the Note 7. The only difference is the Note 7 a
Has a type C usb. Nothing else.

The battery pack is great for when u have a long day at work or when going good out for the weekend. No official battery case or wireless pad from Samsung comes with a charging cable. They do this so u can buy a new one instead
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My official Samsung battery pack came with a short cable.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jkffghjfghjfghjh

Hmm unless they changed it as i remember even the wireless charging pads never came with a cord.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@jkffghjfghjfgjh wrote:

So I have a bit of a question here, the "old" note 5 stuff should be compatible with the new Note 7 right?

1. I have the Samsung Fast Charge Wireless Pad for my office, I assume this should still be good right? Now I know the new Fast Charge Pad is more of a stand, and it appears to have the USB-C input, but overall the old one should still charge my phone no problems right?

**EDIT** - The more pictures and review I read, I am not so sure the upright Fast Charge stand requires a USB-C input..... it might actually be the same Micro USB.... If that is the case then this new option is a complete waste of money... It is going to be 100 dollars just to have it upright and not flat....

2. I also have the Samsung Fast Charge Battery Pack, now I know the USB cable will have to be changed, but it should still work correctly no?

**EDIT** It appears as if this newer, fat battery pack does not even come with a cable, rendering this upgrade absolutely useless as well! Well I guess the battery pack is bigger, but no real advantage other than that.

I would hate to have to buy a brand new dock and a new battery pack for no reason if my current ones work fine...

10440260.jpg

Do you mean this kind of battery pack? If so, you can still use it, just use the new phone cable or use the old cable and plug into the adaptor that come with the phone.