cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

Agreed and I see it that way as well. Again some others don't though right. They see it as that deal is better and less having to worry about getting scammed or any issues.

I am selling mine in Kijiji as we are speaking.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix right, I just hope unless it's a negleagible difference that people aren't trading in a phone they can sell for $500+ in order to get $200 trade in because it's easier. I guess some might do it.

I just got my BlackBerry DTEK50 yesterday, am 88 on the list for Black Note 7 and I'm going to decide which one I'l keeping. So far the DTEK50 is pretty impressive for the price, super good value. Battery hasn't gone through enough cycles to really tell how it will be but at 2610mAh can't expect it to last more than a work day.

I love the size of this thing, I have the Spigen Neo Hybrid and Thin fit cases for the Note 7 so I have been carrying them around to see how it feels with a device that big, my wife thinks I'm nuts lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

Let me guess, u got the Spigen cases when it was 50% Off? Lol i did before the device was announced they had that on Facebook lol.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix I sure did lol, 2 cases for like $21 cdn, can't beat that!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

Exactly! I got the Neo Hybrid one as i have a $50 gift card from Best Buy and i want to see if they have the backpack or the LED case. If they won't carry that then I will use that towards the wireless charging stand up pad

italianfitguy
I plan to stick around
Is.the note 4 on that list?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @italianfitguy

It says Samsung S4 or higher so it might be included.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@italianfitguy wrote:
Is.the note 4 on that list?

Quick look on Kijiji and you would likely get at min $300 selling private. Also per the fine print the credit for the trade in is applied on the 2nd or 3rd bill after you do the transaction.......so might be better to have the $300 up front to pay your bill down rather than having to pay the $200 on your 1st bill after transaction while you wait.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

That is true about getting more via Kijiji. As for the credit. Normally the credit does take UP TO 3 bill cycles but it's normally added on the next bill u get or the second. They say that only if the system is down or if there are many that are doing it and the back office is busy.

italianfitguy
I plan to stick around
Thanks for the info, i might do that 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @italianfitguy

Thats the easier way to be honest. Try to sell it privately and thus get more out of it. But always be careful!

Kake777
I plan to stick around

514 on Rogers reservation system. Rogers says likely to come in Aug 30

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Kake777

As for ur number, what color did you pick? I got Onyx Black and was 51 about a week ago or so.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
Android Authority has confirmed that the Chinese market will be getting a Note 7 with 6GB ram and 128GB memory. They state that this will only sell in this market due to the competitive landscape although they may also sell this variant in Korea.

IMHERETOSTAYQc
I plan to stick around

Do we know how many devices had on the past launches? I'm 135 for the Black Onyx!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

That is true as it was said a few pages back. North America does not need the 6GB RAM as its not competitive here but we DO need the128GB memory. All in all since the device is 64GB ( i would say 58Gb after all the onboard apps and software) and u get a free 64GB memory card you have enough space. Plus you can get DropBox, iCloud, Google Drive and other cloud services.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ IMHERETOSTAYQc

How much? You mean pricing or numbers overall on the reservation system?

I am #51 for the Onyx Black

IMHERETOSTAYQc
I plan to stick around
Haha sorry, how *many devices! Just want to know if I can expect one next friday or if I'll have to wait to get mine!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @IMHERETOSTAYQc

No worries! Hard to say. Rogers does not release that information but it all depends how many devices they put towards the reservations and how many get sent out before the date.

Normally i have seen over 200 reservations gone out before or on launch date. It all depends on the color they get as well.

IMHERETOSTAYQc
I plan to stick around
Ok cool! Hope I get mine! Sold my S7 Edge last week and this iPhone 5S is too tiny to be useful haha

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @IMHERETOSTAYQc

Oh nice! i am selling mine tomorrow and going to use my Blackberry Passport for the time being!