cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

kavkaz
I plan to stick around
sold my gold s7e yesterday for 850 including gear vr

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

Not bad! I am selling my S7 edge for $700

italianfitguy
I plan to stick around
Does anyone know if bell is going to match the gear vr offer of 49.99?Btw im # 2 for blue note 7 🙂

italianfitguy
I plan to stick around
I mean , if rogers is going to match bells offer lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @italianfitguy

Rogers does not price match anymore. So i do not think they will unless they change the price the day of release ( for the Gear VR to $49.99 as what Bell has)

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
At the moment, what do we use the VR for?Any free contents?

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

i have a VR camera (gear 360). watching pictures and video from it is best on gear VR. its also great for the plain. totaly disconnected from the reality of flight and rested

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

There is YouTube, Netflix, some other apps which are free and games but they need controllers. The Olympics is on the Gear VR as well.

ImInBC
I've been here awhile
I am switching from Fido, as a few weeks ago they changed their device fees when renewing contracts. They are now charging an additional $450 on smartphone plans for the device! Even though been with them for 14 years, they wont budge...so s7 was $700 with 2 year term!

Can someone tell me the device cost with the share plan that u must get with rogers. I read $200 off the Note 7 if you pre order, and additional $100 off if you are a new customer. Then you also get the free gift. Thought price was $650, so i would pay $350??

A previous post mentioned $200 off if trading in "select" devices. Is there a list somewhere on what qualifies? I have an HTC M8 and galaxy S4 available for trade in only. Need to know if i should cancel my pre order.

I am silver, number 51. Rogers main page no longer shows the promotion i read when i did the preorder.

P.s. Currently Fido offering $200 off plus $50 toward in store item (I will just get wireless charger discounted) so phone will be $500.

Thank you!!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ImInBC

Here is the offer for the trade in.

"Offer ends October 3, 2016 in participating Rogers retail locations only (while supplies last and subject to change without notice). $200 trade-in credit available to customers who trade in the following devices: Apple iPhone 5C (or newer), Samsung GS4 (or newer), LG G3 (or newer), HTC One M8 (or newer), BlackBerry Q10/Z10 (or newer), Sony Xperia Z3 (or newer), Moto X Play (or newer) with purchase or upgrade to a new Samsung Note 7 and activation of a 2-yr Share Everything plan. Subject to trade-up program terms and conditions (if trade-in device is valued at $200 or more, customer receives credit equivalent to regular applicable trade value). Credit will be applied in store for new customers and as a bill credit on second or third invoice for existing customers. Connection fee of $20/line applies to activate service, early cancellation fees apply."

IMHERETOSTAYQc
I plan to stick around

So I can bring an old Z10 and get 200$ off even if I'm just upgrading my device?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @IMHERETOSTAYQc

Yes that is correct as long as the device turns on, works and has to be in good condition as what the trade-up says.

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

is it worth buying a z10 for $80 to get the benefit of net $120 trade in value? can they guarantee the trade in value?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @kavkaz

I would not buy a $80 phone just to get a $200 discount because then you are spending $80 out of ur pocket but getting $120 discount towards the bill. As long as the device is listed on the site which it is clearly states Z10, then the store should be able to do it. If the store is giving u grief over it, call Rogers when u are there and explain the situation. They will allow it.

kavkaz
I plan to stick around
real story is... dont take your phone to Rogers for trade in. you will only get 20% of the market value.. $200 is given only for brand new s7. spoke to Rogers plus at 181 bay street

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @kavkaz

I can assure you that you will get it with the Z10 or any device that is listed below. i have done this before and it works. While yes i agree sell your device privately and you will get more from it also beware of scams and such. The store reps sometimes do not even bother reading the fine print or do not even know the actual promo until the launch date.

" $200 trade-in credit available to customers who trade in the following devices: Apple iPhone 5C (or newer), Samsung GS4 (or newer), LG G3 (or newer), HTC One M8 (or newer), BlackBerry Q10/Z10 (or newer), Sony Xperia Z3 (or newer), Moto X Play (or newer) with purchase or upgrade to a new Samsung Note 7 and activation of a 2-yr Share Everything plan"

Also on the Rogers Trade-Up program, a S7 Edge is

"Congratulations! The trade-up value of your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935W8 may be:

$325.00" It all depends if the phone is in working condition, no damage on it and no water damage.

https://rq.rogerstrade.com/devices/28977

I am selling my S7 edge on Kijiji and other places as i have done before but  Again sell your device via Kijiji or other methods but always meet someone up at a Rogers store, Mall where the secutiry is or a Tim hortons in the day time.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
I believe the trade in deal is through Samsung, when you go on their website they show the $200 min trade in for S7/S7E (Samsung likely extended it to Note 7 as Bell has same trade in promo) and say for details pls visit participating carriers. So this isn't their regular trade in offering this is supposed to be you get minimum $200 on phones on the list and newer.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

Yeah that is true. Rogers always has a deal like this though I noticed. Even with the LG, Sony and other devices. I noticed that with the S7 edge I got, iPhone 6S Plus, S6 edge and the Priv. Samsung has a deal with carries just like other manufacturers that you get $200 off of the device if u trade in a device that's listed in good working condition.

Either way anyone else that is looking to save $200, this is ur way.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello

Rogers always posted that when they do a trade in deal. Even with the iPhone, Sony and other devices. I noticed that with the S7 edge I got, iPhone 6S Plus, S6 edge and the Priv. Samsung has a deal with carries just like other manufacturers that you get $200 off of the device if u trade in a device that's listed in good working condition.

lol..IMO, why so troublesome to go through all this, every time I change my phone I'll just posted it for sale at Kijiji and it's gone the same day and the price is much higher than trade-in.  

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

That I agree but for ones that don't want to sell theirs that way or go through all that, they see this as a better option.. Me and u and others do it via Kijiji as we are used it and know.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@germain18_2006 wrote:

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello

Rogers always posted that when they do a trade in deal. Even with the iPhone, Sony and other devices. I noticed that with the S7 edge I got, iPhone 6S Plus, S6 edge and the Priv. Samsung has a deal with carries just like other manufacturers that you get $200 off of the device if u trade in a device that's listed in good working condition.

lol..IMO, why so troublesome to go through all this, every time I change my phone I'll just posted it for sale at Kijiji and it's gone the same day and the price is much higher than trade-in.  

If you have a S7 or S7E or a newer iPhone makes no sense to trade in, this is obvious in that case you sell it on Kijiji etc. But if you have a older phone like some of these on the list that are worth far less than $200 by selling them privately then it makes more sense to trade in. Like a Blackberry Z10 maybe sell it for $75 or trade in and get $200 the choice is pretty clear.