Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

When can we expect Rogers to start shipping our phones? On the 19th of this month?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jkffghjfghjfgjh

As know know from past reservations and i said this on page16, they start shipping them a day or two days before the launch date. If the device arrives at the store before launch, they will not release them until launch date. Depends on how many devices they receive and put towards the reservation system but they do put most of the shipment in
I Plan to Stick Around

Good to know : 

Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7 runs the Snapdragon 820 in Canada rather than the Exynos 8890 chip.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/08/08/samsungs-galaxy-note-7-runs-the-snapdragon-820-in-canada-rather-th...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Roglebo

That is correct. Although the speed on my S7 edge with the Exynos chip is amazing I hope the Snapdragon one is just as fast.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I pre-ordered through the Samsung Experience Store - Coral Blue; due to the fact that I need an unlocked phone for travelling and my very poor exerience with preordering the Samsung S6 when it launched.  It took "over" a month to get.  I had already sold my phone and was without a phone for over a month.  I am (was) a business customer which I believe was part of the problem.  I think I was 30 something (in que).  Samsung is offering the same deal to fitness band (Gear S2) or the speaker; so carriers that are throwing in extras are a better deal with best buy having the best deal out there (in my opinion) and yes, you should also get the samsung offer with the best buy deal (that is my understanding).  The fitness band or speaker is not coming from any carrier/best buy etc. it is from Samsung.  You get it after you get your phone by going online and entering your phone's IMEI etc.  Wishing everyone luck.  Curious to hear what color everyone went with.  Seems like it's black vs blue from other forums that I've read.

I purchased the spigen case (Crystal Hybrid - shows off the beautiful coral blue) from their website - they threw in a free cable but I was charged $22 customs ($5 of which was customs and the rest appear to be DHL fees..urg).

I Plan to Stick Around

Hello,

Just wanted to get some confirmation on what i have been told by a Rogers rep.

I had called in regarding doing a hardware/contract renewal on two lines on my Corp plan, when asked about pre-ordering the Note 7 the Rogers for business rep advised me that the device does not include any of the promo bonus items..how can this be the case? I am purchasing the product just like everyone else. This should have nothing to do with the fact that I am on a Corporate plan, it is not a plan bonus but a pre order purchase bonus.

Can someone confirm this or do I need to call back, I find this very odd.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @comcry

I did advice everyone always on my first post about business and corporate customers accounts that take weeks or about a month to get their devices especially when reserving. It's due to some many factors but again I am happy to hear u got it from Samsung.

Yes as advised on page 15 you go on the Samsung promotion website, add the IMEI number following a image of proof of purchase and u get either the speaker or band.

I will be getting the band and i got the black onyx color.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @zerothree

From what i know, you are allowed to get the bonuses as a business and corporate customer as its from Samsung and not from Rogers but i want u to be aware that u will be waiting weeks after the launch to get the device from Rogers. To get the bonuses, you have to get the device after August 19th and go on their Samsung promotions site and add the IMEI number and a image of proof of purchase. Then ur address and ur set
I'm Here A Lot

Does anyone know how the claiming of the pre-order bonus works? I went into to an authorized dealer and they said that the bonuses (microSD/Gear Fit2 or speaker) would be with the with the phone when picked up from the dealer.

Problem is, I did not make any choice between the watch or the speaker when I pre-ordered the device.

Anyone know how the bonus actually works?

Thank you in advance.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @benn1

Incorrent. The SD card comes with the device BUT in order to get either the speaker or the Band you will need to go on Samsung Canada Promotions site, Enter your name, last name, address, IMEI number, and a proof of purchase then pick which one you want.

" To redeem your gift, please visit Samsung Canada  from August 19 to September 2 and follow the instructions provided on the site. You will need to show proof of purchase and provide additional details. Once you have submitted your redemption, please allow 7 to 14 days for delivery. For any inquiries related to the gift with purchase, please contact 1-800-SAMSUNG.  "

There you go 🙂