cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Japetto
I plan to stick around
I am 42 in line. Went with Roger's plus too. Hoping for launch day too.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Japetto

Its always good going with a Rogers Plus store. I sure u will get it at launch, they should have plenty 🙂

poetic1743
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @poetic1743

August 19th

Arghh...I can't wait that long 😞

Samsung needs to have their phones for sale, and avaible for pickup at your cell phone provider the minute after the unpacking has finished.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @poetic1743

I am sure you can wait.. :).

No manufacturer does that unfortunately. Apple, Samsung, Blackberry, Sony, HTC, Motorola and the rest set a week or 2 weeks later after announcing it. This is due to many reasons but mostly it's due to make sure all carriers and stores have enough shipments. They start shipping the device a couple days after the announcement. Also it gives the carriers enough time to get pre orders and announce the pricing as well (they know the pricing but still to put up the page and such)

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

Saw some news online saying the Asia Version of Samsung has 6GB RAM, hope that's not real...OMG...lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

Lol i dont think that's real.. I doubt Samsung would just put 6GB of ram on theirs and not in urs lol

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

Just preordered mine in blue.

anyone else?

kavkaz
I plan to stick around
your color choices ?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

I got mine in black as normal. I got the the Spigen Neo hybrid case when it was 50% off just a couple days ago.

Also anyone that has questions about the gifts u can either pick the band or speaker here is the answer.

" Thank you.

You have to visit the Samsung promotions site between August 19th and September 2 2016. You will then have to find the Note 7 gift purchase offer. Finally, you have to fill out and submit the online form and upload a copy of your proof of purchase (which will be in the confirmation transaction email that you receive after the order is processed)."

wpd1
I plan to stick around
The idea of a 6GB ram Note 7 model for the Chinese market is discussed in an Android Authority article. The logic behind this is that the major competition in this market all have 6GB ram so while it's not expected to have any impact on performance, they feel it's needed to compete in the spec war in this region.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

I really don't see the reason for this other then manufactures bragging about it. It won't speed up the phone and honestly a phone will lag np matter what size the RAM will be. Just like a computer.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
I think it does have some impact on performance, otherwise, we don't need to hope for an increase on RAM every year. I think it's more about the cost. They know we will buy it anyway even it's 4GB of RAM whereas the competition of Asia market is more intense.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

That is true but at the end of the day, what will someone do with that much lol. To me it sounds more about bragging.

Anyways can't wait for this device to come out non the less!

jkffghjfghjfgjh
I plan to stick around

When can we expect Rogers to start shipping our phones? On the 19th of this month?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jkffghjfghjfgjh

As know know from past reservations and i said this on page16, they start shipping them a day or two days before the launch date. If the device arrives at the store before launch, they will not release them until launch date. Depends on how many devices they receive and put towards the reservation system but they do put most of the shipment in

Roglebo
I plan to stick around

Good to know : 

Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7 runs the Snapdragon 820 in Canada rather than the Exynos 8890 chip.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/08/08/samsungs-galaxy-note-7-runs-the-snapdragon-820-in-canada-rather-th...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Roglebo

That is correct. Although the speed on my S7 edge with the Exynos chip is amazing I hope the Snapdragon one is just as fast.

comcry
I plan to stick around

I pre-ordered through the Samsung Experience Store - Coral Blue; due to the fact that I need an unlocked phone for travelling and my very poor exerience with preordering the Samsung S6 when it launched.  It took "over" a month to get.  I had already sold my phone and was without a phone for over a month.  I am (was) a business customer which I believe was part of the problem.  I think I was 30 something (in que).  Samsung is offering the same deal to fitness band (Gear S2) or the speaker; so carriers that are throwing in extras are a better deal with best buy having the best deal out there (in my opinion) and yes, you should also get the samsung offer with the best buy deal (that is my understanding).  The fitness band or speaker is not coming from any carrier/best buy etc. it is from Samsung.  You get it after you get your phone by going online and entering your phone's IMEI etc.  Wishing everyone luck.  Curious to hear what color everyone went with.  Seems like it's black vs blue from other forums that I've read.

I purchased the spigen case (Crystal Hybrid - shows off the beautiful coral blue) from their website - they threw in a free cable but I was charged $22 customs ($5 of which was customs and the rest appear to be DHL fees..urg).

zerothree
I plan to stick around

Hello,

Just wanted to get some confirmation on what i have been told by a Rogers rep.

I had called in regarding doing a hardware/contract renewal on two lines on my Corp plan, when asked about pre-ordering the Note 7 the Rogers for business rep advised me that the device does not include any of the promo bonus items..how can this be the case? I am purchasing the product just like everyone else. This should have nothing to do with the fact that I am on a Corporate plan, it is not a plan bonus but a pre order purchase bonus.

Can someone confirm this or do I need to call back, I find this very odd.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @comcry

I did advice everyone always on my first post about business and corporate customers accounts that take weeks or about a month to get their devices especially when reserving. It's due to some many factors but again I am happy to hear u got it from Samsung.

Yes as advised on page 15 you go on the Samsung promotion website, add the IMEI number following a image of proof of purchase and u get either the speaker or band.

I will be getting the band and i got the black onyx color.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @zerothree

From what i know, you are allowed to get the bonuses as a business and corporate customer as its from Samsung and not from Rogers but i want u to be aware that u will be waiting weeks after the launch to get the device from Rogers. To get the bonuses, you have to get the device after August 19th and go on their Samsung promotions site and add the IMEI number and a image of proof of purchase. Then ur address and ur set