Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @Patthe

Aww its okay! U can post about that device here too if u like! I'll change the title tomorrow 🙂

Yeah unfortunately only the edge+ has 64GB but it cost alot 😞

I Plan to Stick Around

My biggest fear with the note 5 I ordered is the battery life... I currently have a note 3 with a 10000mah zero lemon case/battery and at the end of the day I can often drain it down pretty low... what the point of having an amazing phone if you can't use it lol

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Andre_Avigdor

Honestly if you don't like it when u use it, you have 15 days or less than 30 minutes of talk time to return it back and get another device. The battery life seems effy for me as well but we shall see.

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

@Andre_Avigdor - Nice battery pack! I have Note 3 as well - Never ended up getting extended battery case (should have, I charge my phone 2-3 times a day lol)

Note 5 battery is disappointing, but maybe a case will come out for that too? hoping at least. the phone does look nice. but it was never the look i went for, i went for features and functionality....

still bummed about NO IR! ASDFjaslkfjw3r4 ahhhhhh!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

Even if a case does come out, it will make it look to bulky I assume. It seems Samsung failed to realize that they have a huge fan base due to their removable battery and SD card slot offer. That's why the S6 barely sold. The battery wasn't as good and no removable, no SD card slot.

As for the Ir blaster, they should have kept that but I assume Samsung as Samsung didn't want too. Oh well.

I do have the Morphie we battery pack and the Insgina battery pack as well.

Rogers Employee

Hello to you too @Meowmix

They didn't keep it because their partner (forget their name or if its even a partner and not in-house?) who makes the app WatchON stop supporting Samsung custom roms or something...
ChatON also died early this year...

IR Blaster is gone because there is no native app. As a company it is a smart move as a consumer I am upset because I have a Dedicated app I paid $10 for. My smartphone is less smart if I upgrade and I lose features. I probably will upgrade to Note 4 or Note Edge (variant);

I think they already made the design and had everything set for launch and were on final stages when they got results for S6 sales.
Yes, they could stop from pushing out the product but in samsung eyes, getting the return of the cost the invested in designing and producing the phone is primary.
Samsung is smart, it cares about Korean Economy first. (They have a lot of employees and hard workers.)
Samsung can also make a New Note 5 variant after without a care in the world.

They are known for having all sorts of variants for the same series within the same year.

North America only sees some of it. o__o

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

I'm using Peel Remote on my Note 4 at the moment. That's the app that came with it. Either way Samsung is killing the user base and them selfs by removing this stuff that users liked about them.

While that is true, they make the designs 1 year before the release. 4 prototypes are made and they pick which i is appealing to them.. They took the S6 design and added it on the Note line which in my mind was the WORST thing they could have done.

Rogers Employee

Peel! that's it. yeah those guys made WatchON.

-__-" I used something different with custom template shareable to other users - I guess time to search for IR blaster phones... but I lose the Pen -__-"

@Meowmix - MAKE A PHONE. You seem handy! 😄

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

Haha i wish i could. Maybe one day but for now I will see how the Note 5 plays out

Rogers Employee

So @Meowmix

What is something NEW Note 5 brings? (I actually didn't look at full specs, only on what I was losing and I got sad to continue reading)