cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone! 

As you noticed today Samsung announced the Galaxy Note 5. I watched the announcement at work while it was going on.  Here are some specs on it! 

• Android 5.1 Lollipop, TouchWiz
  • 5.7inch Quad-HD Super Amoled (2560×1440)
  • Exynos 7420 octa-core (2.1GHz quad + 1.5GHz quad) 64bit, 14nm
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 32 GB storage (No SD card slot) 
  • Non-removable 3,000 mAh battery with Fast Charging
  • 16MP rear camera F1.9 lens and OIS (optical image stabilization)
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
  • 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6mm
  • 171g
  • Wireless charging
  • SPen
  • 4G LTE enable

Rogers will be selling it for $359.99 on a 2-year term, $860 no-term  and the reservation system will be open as of August 14th. 

Rogers will be releasing this device ON August 21st in 32GB sapphire black it seems but hopefully they add the more GB later on. 

If you have any questions or concerns please post ANYTHING about the Note 5 and reservations here please and i will be able to assist you with any questions you have! 

Thanks! 🙂 

738 REPLIES 738

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

KLDW
I plan to stick around

oh nvm i found it, for some reason it was listed differently as a seperate product.

yes thank you!

Good day everyone,

Just want to confirm with @Taps that the Note 5, 64 GB, is indeed available in Black and Silver!

I hope that you will be looking into upgrading your current device, since this one allows more storage.

We heard you! Smiley Wink

Have a great day,

RogersMaude

constable145
I plan to stick around

Samsung must have released that the Nexus 6P is soon to be released with more powerful spes and a more attractive price.

amynlakhani
I plan to stick around

Wow, I feel burned. 64GB Note 5. I hate how this is going down. Rogers doesn't care. Meowmix... I know this pie must taste bad.

nelson ha ha.jpg

constable145
I plan to stick around

I'm glad I held out, but now I have a decision to make. Nexus 6P or Note 5.

Some pros and cons of each

Nexus- Pro

• bigger battery- could possibly lead to better battery life.
  • Marshmellow with no bloatware. The Touchwiz skin gets bad reviews- I don't have experience with anything but. Also, the Rogers apps save and except for the My Account app are useless.
  • Front facing speakers that apparently pack punch
  • Aluminum body
  • Price- you can purchase 32 gb outright for not much more than you can subsidize the 64gb Note 5.
  • Unlocked- works on pretty much every band

Note 5- pro

• Ease of availability- in stores both Rogers and third party as well as online
  • Apparently the best camera out of all the major smartphones complete with no OIS
  • Stylus
  • 4gb ram ( Nexus apparently dosen't need the extra gb of ram because stock android runs much smoother)

Nexus 6p- Cons

• While the camera is good it lacks OIS making low light shooting less than perfect
  • More difficult to obtain. Third party retailer availability is yet to be decided. The big 3 networks so far have only comitted to carrying 32gb which with no expandable memory is ludicrous.
  • Lack of accessories- I'm a huge Otterbox fan... no defender series
  • A different style of fast charging rendering all previous QI chargers useless

Note 5- Cons

• While the glass back looks attractive, it is fragile
  • Battery life is suspect- for Samsung only to put a 3000mAh battery in there is beyond silly.
  • Touchwiz,loaded with OEM and carrier bloatware.  With the 6P you get the Android updates when Google makes them. With the Note, you have to wait until Samsung is done tinkering with it and then they give it to Rogers to also tinker with.
  • Locked- requires unlocking. Will work  with many bands, not all.

I'm sure they are both great phones I'm strongly leaning towards ordering a 64GB Nexus 6P from Google directly.

Any thoughts?

KLDW
I plan to stick around

@constable145

Honestly, it's really up to you. You're right, they are both great phones. They both have different PROS and CONS. It really comes down to which one you want. I had always been a Samsung guy, then I switched to the Nexus 6 last night. Even though the Nexus is a really good powerful phone, I still missed the features/Camera of Samsung phones. Thaty's why I'm switching back to Samsung and getting the Note 5.

amynlakhani
I plan to stick around
Hey Meowmix just came to apologize to you. Sorry for earlier post.

constable145
I plan to stick around

@KLDW

Just so we are clear- are you referring to last years Motorola Nexus 6, or this years JUST releaased  Huawei Nexus 6P.

The two phones have little in common.

KLDW
I plan to stick around

@constable145

yes, I am referring to last years model. And yes, I know they are completely different. My whole point of that post was not comparing last years nexus 6 to this years Nexus 6P. Just trying to say the choice between the Nexus 6P or Note 5 is up to your own personal preference. They're both great phones. Both have their pros and cons.

KLDW
I plan to stick around

And i totally meant last year, not last night haha.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @amynlakhani

No worries :). It seems like Rogers silently released those models but it would have been nice on their part if they announce it before hand. That way customers could have had the choice.

What colours is the Note 5 available in at present?  How do I get the silver case?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @WarrenInOntario

Rogers only offers Black & Silver at the moment. Here is the link to it.

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_...

@WarrenInOntario

Is there a specific silver case you are looking for?

You check out our accessories for the Note 5 available here.

RogersMay

KLDW
I plan to stick around

A little upset with my purchase today! Ever since the 64gb version came out, it was listed as $859.99  I just got back from vacation and finally had to the chance to swing by a Rogers store to pick one up today and the price is now $899.99! Smiley Sad

amynlakhani
I plan to stick around
I have the Spigen gun metal case, currently. It's nice, light and looks good. So far I haven't used the kick stand, but once to see if it holds up, and it did. The buttons on the side are decent, they are really streamlined, but hard to feel when you are not looking. I also have Zagg HD glass. It fits right. The edges still ghost, Zagg that is. Any questions ask away.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @KLDW

Contact Rogers and see what they can do. Unfortunately the prices do change without any warning but again call them and see if they can do something for u!

Beki
I've been here awhile
Is the note 5 available now at rogers in 64 gig...i went online and had to reserve and then when i went to reserve on an upgrade only gave me ipad options...wish the site was more user friendly

amynlakhani
I plan to stick around
Why not just call customer care and order it through them. That's what u did.
Topic Stats