cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone! 

As you noticed today Samsung announced the Galaxy Note 5. I watched the announcement at work while it was going on.  Here are some specs on it! 

• Android 5.1 Lollipop, TouchWiz
  • 5.7inch Quad-HD Super Amoled (2560×1440)
  • Exynos 7420 octa-core (2.1GHz quad + 1.5GHz quad) 64bit, 14nm
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 32 GB storage (No SD card slot) 
  • Non-removable 3,000 mAh battery with Fast Charging
  • 16MP rear camera F1.9 lens and OIS (optical image stabilization)
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
  • 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6mm
  • 171g
  • Wireless charging
  • SPen
  • 4G LTE enable

Rogers will be selling it for $359.99 on a 2-year term, $860 no-term  and the reservation system will be open as of August 14th. 

Rogers will be releasing this device ON August 21st in 32GB sapphire black it seems but hopefully they add the more GB later on. 

If you have any questions or concerns please post ANYTHING about the Note 5 and reservations here please and i will be able to assist you with any questions you have! 

Thanks! 🙂 

738 REPLIES 738

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservatio​n numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @jeneric28

Lol i doubt u would be able to even do that if u worked AT Samsung sadly. I know what you are saying though. They do need to change their ways a bit i noticed. The S6 launch wasn't as great and now only releasing the Note 5 with one color is a shame and doesn't make any sense other then it's a business phone. Even blackberry releases colors on their devices lol.

No leaf turned... more inception.

Samsung's concept of turning a new leaf:

samsleaf.jpg

lol just saying...

But seriously, no White? 😧 Shocking really.

More on the list why Samsung has disappointed...

Though the no Micro SD as I mentioned before... is probably going to be world wide change in the market. I think all manufacture are trying to phase it out.

I assume it has to do with chip space and cost to have a "potential" storage, when they can sell their build in for marked up price.

(You gotta see the cost of MicroSD vs Built in Flash memory. Price difference is HUGE - regardless of manufacture.)

o__o still. I keep my reservation.

jeneric28
I plan to stick around

yah 1 colour is a SHAME in 2015... looks like i am going to wait for the next Nexus... i really like the note series devices.. i just HATE that Black/Blue sapphire colour.. even if it as in white i would get it

haha yah i used to work for BlackBerry, and they had a "suggestions" email... that venice leak looks nice ; >

lawls. Blackberry Storm FTW (I loved it, No one can take that away from me!)

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

It doesn't cost much to be honest. To be honest it's just then trying to copy what Apple does but in their own way lol

Either way Samsung has just shot them selfs by doing all this really.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @jeneric28

It does look nice to be honest. I was waiting for that one but we shall see

64 Micro SD Sandisk (fav brand) for 30 bucks -retail value...
but ... Apple from 32 to 64 is a $110-130 difference. (and I assume with samsung too? never noticed their S6 pricing)...

alk;4j230q9fsdjl

The phone finish looks nice, i agree @Meowmix - the back of the phone looks like the front of S6 Edge lol - pretty clever ...

jeneric28
I plan to stick around

the curved screen DEFINITELY came from Samsung... the two are working together for everything...this is my own theory haha

Knox and BES
BB with android and curved glass
Note 5/s6edge have a QWERTY keyboard all of a sudden?

jeneric28
I plan to stick around

anyways this is where my samsung journey ends... unless the S7 is some ridiculous device i will not get another samsung device until the note 6, but if that releases in only black then garbage... gonna have to find a new device to be dedicated to...

waiting for my oneplus 2 invite

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @jeneric28

Yeah because BB supports & helps Samsung & thus why Samsung is doing the same for them. Thus why the Venice has the dual edge screen

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @jeneric28

I agree with you. Samsung is losing alot in the market & is losing alot of customers. Hopefully the Note 6 ( Or S7 will bring something better)

We are already talking about Next Gen? lol
Oh wow haha.

Patthe
I plan to stick around

It hard to please everyone. People where first complaining about the plastic finish on it. Now people complaint about the non removable battery. They try to change thing if they dont try something new the phone will always be the same thing with always minor change.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Patthe

I agree but again everyone wanted a bigger, removable battery, SD card slot and the plastic back off but putting glass on the back makes the device slippery and damages faster

Listen.
You get me MicroSD Expandable memory slot (I runwith 2 MicroSD swaps) plus chance to increase capacity is a bonus to me for less cost than what built in memory cost.
Removable battery means I can get Expanded memory case with long life span (I did that with note 2 but not my 3 for some reason).
I care nothing about finish.
I want IR - I use it every day.
I want Wifi and NFC *(now that I think about it, was the whole NFC Hoax what pushed samsung to avoid battery being removed?)
I want my S Pen to take screenshots (which was removed on lollipop sadly on note 3 but function was there before).

I want a phablet because phone less than 5" feel like fish price toy for todler i.e iPhone.

People may complain. I have had the same requirement since the Note. (Note 1).
Waiting for Note 6 lol j/k

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

I agree with u. Honestly yes while we complain, it seems manufactures are doing it to then selfs removing the best features on the device.

I said it before, and i say it again.
@Meowmix make us a new phone.
Call it "Best Buy Elite" - Run Android OS 7 on it LOL - pre-rooted.
Next Series should be called "Best Buy Mix" lol

I'm having too much fun with this haha

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

Haha if only I wish i could! I would have made one that I have already designed belive it or not! Haha

Roglebo
I plan to stick around

Hi @Meowmix

When do you think we will get Galaxy Note 5 with white color?

Thanks!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Roglebo

Unfortunately there is no way of knowing as Samsung and all the carriers in Canada haven't said anything. It might come later on like it did last year with the S5 and S6 but we don't know.

Andre_Avigdor
I plan to stick around

I have been bumped up from #20 to #14 on the note 5 list... here's a link to a review on the battery... pretty impressive... it's my biggest concern coming from a note with 10k zero lemon... http://bgr.com/2015/08/17/samsung-galaxy-note-5-battery-benchmark/

Topic Stats