cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone! 

As you noticed today Samsung announced the Galaxy Note 5. I watched the announcement at work while it was going on.  Here are some specs on it! 

• Android 5.1 Lollipop, TouchWiz
  • 5.7inch Quad-HD Super Amoled (2560×1440)
  • Exynos 7420 octa-core (2.1GHz quad + 1.5GHz quad) 64bit, 14nm
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 32 GB storage (No SD card slot) 
  • Non-removable 3,000 mAh battery with Fast Charging
  • 16MP rear camera F1.9 lens and OIS (optical image stabilization)
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
  • 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6mm
  • 171g
  • Wireless charging
  • SPen
  • 4G LTE enable

Rogers will be selling it for $359.99 on a 2-year term, $860 no-term  and the reservation system will be open as of August 14th. 

Rogers will be releasing this device ON August 21st in 32GB sapphire black it seems but hopefully they add the more GB later on. 

If you have any questions or concerns please post ANYTHING about the Note 5 and reservations here please and i will be able to assist you with any questions you have! 

Thanks! 🙂 

738 REPLIES 738

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservatio​n numbers / Questions

ruri
I plan to stick around

@Patthe

how much did this 10gb plan come up to? 😮
also I assume you called and spoke with an agent?
the bloody business NRS site is not available for device reservation yet 😞

Babukb2
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix did the device arrive and have you had a chance to check it out?

Patthe
I plan to stick around

im in the military, so im lucky to get 30% off the current  price. Lucky me 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Patthe

Very nice! 🙂 that's a good deal!

Patthe
I plan to stick around

Yes will add the wife on it soon, 10 GB share 2 phone for a very good deal 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Babukb2

Im using it right now actually!. :). Small little tease but it's a really good device but has its draw backs which i will name tomorrow 😞

Babukb2
I plan to stick around

are you using a retail model, or a demo?

jw for when you post your thoughts whether it will be accurate for retail versions or if they may have updated or changed something from the version you are using

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Babukb2

This is the actual demo unit that the Mobile Managers get to test out them selfs & show it off to customers when the device gets released. The demo model that will go out for show isn't going to go up until Thursday.

Babukb2
I plan to stick around

do you know if the demo unit is identical to the retail versions that are sold, or is there a difference?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Babukb2

As I stated above its the same unit that will be sold to the customers. Its the actual retail demo unit that Store manager get to give to the employees or managers to show off & show customers what its like

Babukb2
I plan to stick around

thanks for clarifying, looking forward to reading your thoughts on the device

Andre_Avigdor
I plan to stick around

Rogers customer service really sucks sometimes... I called in today to confirm that I will be getting the free charger... I am renewing my 15gb share everything plan so I am technically eligible to receive it... the conversation went like this... the csr knows nothing about... I have him go to the public web page to see the offer... after being on hold he tells me I need to cancel my #16 reservation and reorder... I explain to him that on the reservation page the offer isn't listed so I can't take advantage of the free charger offer there so cancelling my reservation wouldn't be to my advantage... he puts me on hold again... he comes back and says I was right... and that I should be getting a free charger but he can't confirm that as it's until supplies last... I sarcastically ask if they have 16 chargers lol he doesn't even clue into my sarcasm and says probably yes... basically a waste of 30 mins of my time lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Andre_Avigdor

The customer service reps are not trained as much I noticed. The reps get the last word on everything so unfortunately this does seem to happen with every device release.

Also the reps can NOT see how many units of the wireless chargers are in stock. It does say " While quality last". in the past over 2,000 customers got it so u will get it for sure. No reason to stress over it.

Hi Guys,

I want to know, since I am a BYOD customer with Rogers on their Loyalty BYOD Plan, can I just walk to a Future Shop / Best Buy / Rogers Store and ask to buy out right the Note 5 32GB or Edge+ 64GB, or would they give me hassle?

I figured it won't be a problem, since I am a customer of Rogers already. 

Any thoughts...

They will give you hassle.
@Meowmix will give you hassle lol joking (he works for BestBuy)

Only hassle you'll get is because upgrade is an incentive to them, buying out a device isn't.
However, the question of... "can it be done". The answer is yes.

Also, Futureshop has zero in stock. Actually they have zero stock for everything 😉 if you know what I mean haha.

You can also walk into a Rogers Store and do the same thing. You can Buy the phone under BYOD pricing (which essentially leaves your plan untouched but secures the IMEI on your account) which in sense can be billed to you on your rogers account and pay it then rather than cash upfront (good for tracking purchases and making sure it is BYOD and not in a contract or anything.)

Someone correct me if I am wrong:
If you care about Roges First Rewards, I believe you can get points for that as well.

Either way, where ever you go @Karthik_S to purchase a device full price, always get the paper work that shows you paid full. You always want to have record of big purchases or major changes to protect yourself, your plan and business. (As a good habit, regardless if its Rogres, your bank, buying a car or TV, just a good habit to have)

Hope this info helps,... and I am sure Meowmix is going to have a comeback for my bad joke 😛

Patthe
I plan to stick around

I try to buy my S5 by paying the device in full from futurshop before they refuse to sell it to me. They don't make money if they still the device in full too you.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

Haha no i won't be that mean! Plus I don't work in the Mobile section in Best Buy buy I do manage the floor so I do pop in sometimes haha.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Patthe

They do make money but not as much. It's the same with all the carrier stores though. Best Buy does the same.

jeneric28
I plan to stick around

i was pretty stoked to go back to a 5.7 inch screen from my s6 edge... BUT is it true the other colours will not be coming at all to Canada??

if so that's a REAL bummer! why release a flagship in 1 colour? i know this isn't Rogers' fault i'm just pretty upset at samsung.. i try to love them cause they are from my home land... but mann everything they are doing these days seems to be wrong!  is it me or does the note 5/s6edge+ annoucement and release seem REALLY RUSHED?? like REALLY RUSHED! to the point they can even manufactuer the supply! 

"lets get AT LEAST the black one out so that people can buy it and lock themsevles in before the iphone 6s plus comes out!"

i could deal with the non removable battery.. heck i could live with the no SD card slot

but releasing in 1 colour is totally useless... maybe cause they think the NOTE series is for more business minded people and hence the Black... but still... why announce 4 colours and give us one??

i really hope the Gold or Titanium Silver comes to market here.. but it better be before the new Nexus cause that'll be my next device

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @jeneric28

Yes its true. This was a decision that was made via Samsung. Not the carriers. Samsung has done this before as u have noticed.

They announced 4 colors but never said which country would get the colors until the carriers all announced them.

I hope the Titamunim Silver comes here

jeneric28
I plan to stick around

yah i was hoping they would turn a new leaf with the S6 Launch... which launched in 3 of the 4 colours .... i mean EVEN WHITE they missed out and that's a standard now a days

i need to get a job at samsung mobile and shake that place up! but then agian i don't wanna work 80 hours a week! hehe

Topic Stats