cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone! 

As you noticed today Samsung announced the Galaxy Note 5. I watched the announcement at work while it was going on.  Here are some specs on it! 

• Android 5.1 Lollipop, TouchWiz
  • 5.7inch Quad-HD Super Amoled (2560×1440)
  • Exynos 7420 octa-core (2.1GHz quad + 1.5GHz quad) 64bit, 14nm
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 32 GB storage (No SD card slot) 
  • Non-removable 3,000 mAh battery with Fast Charging
  • 16MP rear camera F1.9 lens and OIS (optical image stabilization)
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
  • 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6mm
  • 171g
  • Wireless charging
  • SPen
  • 4G LTE enable

Rogers will be selling it for $359.99 on a 2-year term, $860 no-term  and the reservation system will be open as of August 14th. 

Rogers will be releasing this device ON August 21st in 32GB sapphire black it seems but hopefully they add the more GB later on. 

If you have any questions or concerns please post ANYTHING about the Note 5 and reservations here please and i will be able to assist you with any questions you have! 

Thanks! 🙂 

738 REPLIES 738

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

kh29
I plan to stick around

my dad is coming grom blackberry z10 and he just recieved the samsung galaxy s6 edge from the mail and didn't  decided yet about keeping the phone. 

my dad should keep the phone , it amazing phone

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jkffghjfghjfgjh

That's not a reason. The manager just lied to you as they have no clue on what is going on either. I can tell you for sure that is not the reason. A reservation is not held due to the account plan unless it's a business account.

It seems the manager had no clue what they were saying and just giving false information. The store is only allowed to say that as they are the ones processing the upgrade

Hey @jkffghjfghjfgjh

Misinterpretation of the Manager?

Device Reservation Details on Rogers.com Website:
"Offer available starting August 14, 2015 at 9:00 am EDT for a limited time, while quantities last, and is subject to change without notice. Available to both new and existing Rogers wireless customers with the online reservation and purchase of a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ or Samsung Galaxy Note 5 smartphone with activation of a 2-year Share Everything plan. Charger and smartphone may not arrive in the same delivery. If customer returns the smartphone within 15 days of receiving the device, customer must also return the wireless charger in its original condition. This promotion is not redeemable in-store."

However, looking at internal documentation available to us, it states the hardware upgrade MUST be migrate to ShareEverything 2 yr plan.

But that's the thing. That's if you were upgrading. You are buying the phone out right.

The Delay is for all of us I believe. I have Shareeverything Plan as well. I am also delayed. "In Progress" as per status.

Nothing to do with your plan, if you were not eligible you would have the "Reservation button" disabled/greyed out.

@Meowmix is harsh to stating what he did, but the jist of it I have agree with, you were given incorrect information.

Hardware Upgrade policy requires you to go into 2yr shareeverything plan based on the 2 year subsidy rulings across canada.

If you buy out the device (which you plan to do), you by-pass that, as you are subsidizing it - So plan does not need changing.

(FYI: New Plans include the cost of your phone, hence the $20 increase. Roughly $490 is subsidized on a Premium Tab)

Sorry to hear the experience though @jkffghjfghjfgjh 😐

@kh29 - BB Z10 Phone is amazing phone to me.
I am a sucker for Android and Samsung.
He might like the migration - I agree he should keep the phone.
Just make sure not to go over 15 days or 30 mins (Either of them) in case you guys want to return it... but he should definitely play around with it.

Also make sure he sets up gmail account from the start and have his contacts saved on GOOGLE rather than phone (transitions in the future will be easier, so he doesn't lose his contacts or have to write them down).
Hope t his helps! :]

kh29
I plan to stick around

my dad is a 61 year old guy and can not  make his decistion on the samsung galaxy s6 edge becuase he likes blackberry....

most of the apps he can get are on google play and these apps called qmotion and lutron , hunter douglas are on the google apps store and blackberry does not have them

Well I think you have your answer right there.
Galaxy S6 Edge is gorgeous. 🙂

@kh29 what will you do with the Z10 then?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kh29

Why doesn't he go for a Passport, Classic or Z30 if he likes BlackBerry?

@Meowmix - Classic and Z30 I would recommend.

Passport looks weird and feels weird (Then again that's what people said about Note series... so really, I probably didn't understand passport)

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ShakTiburon

That is true but as a owner of the Blackberry Passport & i like it. Mind you everyone says that any phone is weird or big but if they do not use the device, they can't judge it right?

I said the same about the Note Series & the iPhone 6 Plus but i liked those devices.

wpd
I plan to stick around
Is it just me or are we bordering on "ridiculous" with it being more than a week after launch and still no reservation? Making matters worse, everyone else seems to have supply of the Note 5.

Patthe
I plan to stick around
Got my S6 edge + as arrive at home. Flying there today so I can play with it 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd

Honestly just go to the store and get it. This way u have it and won't wait around

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Patthe

Very Nicee!!! 🙂

@Meowmix exactly my point. Can't judge it because I don't use it.
Hence why I stated people felt like that about the Note Series, made fun of it as "Phablet" phone. Then iPhone Plus came out... riiight now its normal and "Phablet" isn't used as a term unless its to clarify it's size (what it was suppose to be).

@wpd - I believe it may be that stock issue isn't Note 5 but the Wireless Charger.
o__o" Speculating here, I know nothing of inventory personally.

@Patthe congrats! 😄 Tell us what you think when you get to it!

---
I am still waiting, and somehow the excitment level is increasing. Yhe more and more I wait, the less and less I feel bad about Note 5 being different than my Note 3 or Note 4...
O__O magic of conforming to society. haha kidding.

wpd
I plan to stick around
The only thing holding me back...... I purchased a phone from Future Shop a while back and didn't like it. Tried to return it and it took 3 weeks for FS to get it off my account with Rogers. I couldn't get another phone until it was cleared. Both sides blamed each other. In the end, it was FS system that took so long to process the return with Rogers. Don't want to end up in the same position.

Hi @wpd

Well, this is why FS is absorbed by BB. 😉
I like FS pricing deals, but not their manner of doing business (from Rep to customer stand point not FS itself)
Ah well. to each their own i guess...

Did you get your Amazon Charger yet? lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd

That is one reason why FS closed and they turned into BB. They didn't know how to manage let alone their systems aren't up to date.

@Meowmix - Agents at BestBuy told me, They didn't move most employees over, because the Reps were pushy in sale and adjustment of pricing was done incorrectly.
They can't have that so it was a difficult decision but on that needed to be made. Which to me made sense.

Edit:

The comission based position is stressful so I felt for the FutureShop guys. I actually had a friend at the Car Shop who worked on my Car a lot.

I miss his work. Really do. 😐

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ShakTiburon

Yes that's correct. All sales staff at FS got let go and only managers stayed. Indeed they were pushy. We are trained to ask if customers want help and show them products. BB doesn't do commision thus why the staff isn't as pushy and they are more friendly

That depends on the store and reps in it.
Heartland location is -10 points everytime I went there. 😐 It is the store that made me switch to Online Shopping in the first place lol

wpd
I plan to stick around

After all the waiting.... I went into the Rogers store in Kitchener. Of course, they had a Note 5 in stock. I upgraded AND have an Agreement with the store manager that when my reservation comes in, they will give me the charging PAD for free. Also, they have not received a single reservation at this store to date.  

Topic Stats