cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone! 

As you noticed today Samsung announced the Galaxy Note 5. I watched the announcement at work while it was going on.  Here are some specs on it! 

• Android 5.1 Lollipop, TouchWiz
  • 5.7inch Quad-HD Super Amoled (2560×1440)
  • Exynos 7420 octa-core (2.1GHz quad + 1.5GHz quad) 64bit, 14nm
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 32 GB storage (No SD card slot) 
  • Non-removable 3,000 mAh battery with Fast Charging
  • 16MP rear camera F1.9 lens and OIS (optical image stabilization)
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
  • 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6mm
  • 171g
  • Wireless charging
  • SPen
  • 4G LTE enable

Rogers will be selling it for $359.99 on a 2-year term, $860 no-term  and the reservation system will be open as of August 14th. 

Rogers will be releasing this device ON August 21st in 32GB sapphire black it seems but hopefully they add the more GB later on. 

If you have any questions or concerns please post ANYTHING about the Note 5 and reservations here please and i will be able to assist you with any questions you have! 

Thanks! 🙂 

738 REPLIES 738

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Roglebo
I plan to stick around

Hi!

I'm really disappointed by Galaxy Note5 :

1. No SD card slot
  2. No removable battery
  3. No infrared
  4. No 128 GB, only 32/64 GB
  5. No White, no Gold -> only black

My Galaxy Note 4 seems better.

Bye!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Roglebo

I agree with that. It's a shame that Samsung has taken away ALOT from the Note 5 which is a shame really. I thought they would have left the Ir blaster, the storage and also the colors. The only thing I like is the design but not as much either lol. 

Oh well what can we do!

Samina
I plan to stick around

Hey guys, 

I know everyone said Rogers reservation was supposed to start tomorrow August 14 however I just reserved mine through the reservation system and I'm 6th in line! I'm so excited, I've gotten all the Note series on launch date. Even though everyone is hating on this one..

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Samina

You are correct! It seems Rogers opened up their reservation system for the Note 5 as of this evening!. Great number!

Patthe
I plan to stick around

I want the 64 gb one 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Patthe

Unfortunately Samsung won't release that :(. It's not Rogers doing this as Samsungs doing as we have seen in the past. Also only one color will come out for this as well.

Patthe
I plan to stick around

Samsung say will have 2 version. 32 gb and 64 gb.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Reservation numbers / Questions

Andre_Avigdor
I plan to stick around

1st time posting on this forum... I found it by Googling Rogers Note 5... I managed to find the reservation page... I am #20... does anyone know the price of the device? I feel kind of silly buying something without knowing how much it is lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Patthe

Yes but the Canadian carriers will only get the 32GB at first and then the 64GB later on if they do. I noticed only the 32GB only comes with Samsungs ( only the S6 got the 64GB here)

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Andre_Avigdor

Rogers normally does this but I did post the price above on my first post. It will be $359.99 on a 2-year term, $860 no-term. :).  

Patthe
I plan to stick around

Ahhhhh sad face :(. How long of a wait to get the 64 😞 if the note 5 would have come with a sd card reader, I would take the 32. But since no sd card if I take 32 im stuck with that for ever! Lol.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Patthe

Honestly i would have gone for the Note 5 if it had the SD card slot and removable battery but that just pushed me away.

Unfortunately there is no way of knowing when it may come out. It might just stay as 32GB model as the S6 edge + has the 64GB model available with Rogers.

Patthe
I plan to stick around

The removable battery I dont mind, google zerolemon battery. Look for the S6 battery pack. I have a S5 right now with a zero lemon battery and phonr last lots longer. Also ya maybe battery non removable but it only take 90 min too fully charge or 120 for wireless. I might just get a charger for work to charge is if necessary but charge 30 min here and there should last a long time.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Patthe

That's true but owning theyS6 which had a terrible battery life, turned me away with non removable battery from Samsung. Samsung was KNOWN for its removable batteries and SD Card slot.

Oh well what can we do. I might check this device out at work when we get our demos in store and use it for a bit before release and see if u like it. Who knows! I give all devices a chance to ( as i do buy every single device out there lol)

Andre_Avigdor
I plan to stick around

Thanks! I called a CSR and they didn't have pricing yet... I am expecting in the $300 range so $360 sounds about right... Hopefully the battery life will be good as I am using a Note 3 with a 10k MAH Zero Lemon battery/case... 3K MAH sounds mighty small but supposedly the new processor is more efficient and wired charging times are supposed to be super fast... I am a little disappointed as I held off upgrading to the Note 4 and waited for the 5 and in many ways the 5 seems inferior (smaller non removable battery and no sd card)...

Patthe
I plan to stick around

A thw zero lemon was only a exemple that a external case/battery is possible. Check the zero lemon 10 000 MAH for note 4 lol. That a battery.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Andre_Avigdor

You are welcome!! Yeah the CSR won't know much as they don't get updated as soon. I agree with u on that!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Patthe

LOL yeah i know :). It is possible but do u really want to add bulkiness on a device like this? I have a external battery which i use ( powerbank from Morphie)

Patthe
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix im use too it, I have the zero lemon battery on my S5 since I got that phone.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Patthe

Yeah that seems to be good. I just don't like the idea of nonerevobale battery and having to add a bulky case with a battery or carry around a bulky battery pack.

Topic Stats