Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Hi!

Today, I saw and touched the Galaxy Note 5 with Silver Titanium color at Bell boutique.

Next week will be the week.

Rogers, you have maximum one week to offer a new color.

Have a nice day!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Roglebo
Unfortunately I don't think anyone at Rogers head office will say anything unless they release it or Announce it within the next couple of days.

Best bet if they don't, then switch as they can't really offer you anything if u want that color and they won't offer it.
I've Been Here Awhile

As it seems as though Samsung will not be offering anything bigger than the 32gb note 5 in Canada, is Rogers able to do anything regarding unwanted space wasting and unnecessary resource usage? For example, providing the note 5 as a stock android experience? Or perhaps removing all of the unwanted bloatware?

It is EXTREMELY disappointing that Samsung has left out an SD card slot on their latest note 5 and if Rogers could do anything to maximize the phone's potential I think customers would greatly appreciate it. 

Thank you

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Taps

Unfortunately this is a decision Samsung has brought forward and seeing their past record. I doubt they will change and bring it unless their is a huge deal about it.

Unfortunately Rogers can't do much to Samsungs TouchWiz software. They can't touch it or anything. They only add their own bloatware which they say is needed and other then that. They can't do much.
I've Been Here Awhile

Nothing that Rogers adds is needed for the phone to work on their network out any other network. Otherwise, rooted phones would be useless and any rooted phone I've used have been much quicker and more powerful devices than when first purchased from Rogers.

Any word from an actual Rogers employee who could give some information on how to permanently delete all the Rogers bloatware without having to root? I just want to be able to stay with both Rogers and Samsung while being able to maximize the potential of the now limited note 5. I don't want to have to abandon two companies I have been with for as long as I have been.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @Taps!

You probably have a Google account.

So, you have also 15 gb free for your account.

Start Google Drive application.

Press the menu at top left

See the last item of the list.

In Google Drive, you can store:

- documents : txt, pdf, doc, excel, powerpoint, . . . etc

- musics

- photos : use the application Google Photos

- photos can take 0KB or your 15 GB if photo resolution is 16 megapixels or less)

- photos taken by your phone can be automatically stored on Google Drive

- as soon as photos are stored in Google Drive, they can be removed from your phone

- videos

- etc . . .

Every elements stored in Google Drive and Google Photos can be accessed on :

• Android phone
  • Android tablet
  • Windows computer
  • IPhone
  • IPad
  • Mac computer
  • Linux computer

because Google Drive and Google Photos exist on all these platforms.

And every elements stored in Google Drive and Google Photos can be accessed in hotel, Internet Café, . . .

Have a nice day!

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks rogerlebo! I do have a Google account with Google drive. Unfortunately it doesn't really help with what I want done.

Thank you so much for sharing this with the Community @Roglebo

This is very useful information indeed Smiley Wink

In regards to you hardware upgrade, I will get back to you as soon as I can provide more information, or a date, on when additional colors will be made available.

Thank you for your patience,

RogersMaude

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Taps

Unfortunately even a Rogers employee won't be able to help you with that as that's their own bloatware.. They don't advice customers on how to remove their own branding and bloatware. The only way is rooting I am afraid.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @Taps!

Concerning 15 gb free when you have a Google account, Google can charge :

1,99 $ a month  for 100   GB

9,99 $ a month for  1000 GB

That is why 32 GB on my phone is enough.

Bonne soirée!