cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone! 

As you noticed today Samsung announced the Galaxy Note 5. I watched the announcement at work while it was going on.  Here are some specs on it! 

• Android 5.1 Lollipop, TouchWiz
  • 5.7inch Quad-HD Super Amoled (2560×1440)
  • Exynos 7420 octa-core (2.1GHz quad + 1.5GHz quad) 64bit, 14nm
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 32 GB storage (No SD card slot) 
  • Non-removable 3,000 mAh battery with Fast Charging
  • 16MP rear camera F1.9 lens and OIS (optical image stabilization)
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
  • 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6mm
  • 171g
  • Wireless charging
  • SPen
  • 4G LTE enable

Rogers will be selling it for $359.99 on a 2-year term, $860 no-term  and the reservation system will be open as of August 14th. 

Rogers will be releasing this device ON August 21st in 32GB sapphire black it seems but hopefully they add the more GB later on. 

If you have any questions or concerns please post ANYTHING about the Note 5 and reservations here please and i will be able to assist you with any questions you have! 

Thanks! 🙂 

738 REPLIES 738

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

@Patthe wow, glad to hear that.

So did you get the Wireless Charger? 😄

Patthe
I plan to stick around

Hi,

Yes got a black one from Best Buy.

The Wireless FAST CHARGE.

No more wired.

The funny thing the wireless dont come with a wired. You have to use the Micro USB that came with the phone. 

No big deal. Love it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Patthe

That is how they all come from Samsung & some others. That is good to hear that you got it!

Patthe
I plan to stick around
Weird I have apple pay now? Download by itself?
But when I try too add credit card it crash

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Patthe

Apple Pay? That is only on Apple devices. Not on anything else. You sure its not SureTap.

Patthe
I plan to stick around
No it android pay.
I think it becauae I had android wallet and probably got update. My bad, probably why it doesn't work. Any word on samsung pay or any kind of oay system in canada?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Patthe

Ahh okay as you said Apple pay :P. No word yet other then SureTap that Rogers has

dieselx
I plan to stick around
@Patthe

Thanks for the heads up. Been waiting to get this. Just headed over to BestBuy not long ago. Works great even works with my case on it. Pretty sweet

amynlakhani
I plan to stick around

Any hope for a 64GB Note 5?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @amynlakhani

i mentioned this a couple of times but sadly no. Samsung will not be bringing the 64GB Note 5 to Canada.

When will the rogers Samsung galaxy note 5 have the option to choose the pearl white color. I am waiting for more color options before switching to this phone...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @lumia_user

Unfortunately at this moment there is no way of knowing if or when Rogers or any carrier will get it. Check online from time to time & see!

amynlakhani
I plan to stick around

constable145
I plan to stick around

Are your sources credible? Rogers hinted via twitter that their stock would be updating soon...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @constable145

My sources are within Rogers and Samsung. If they do update them their stock, it might mean a new color but that's about it. Samsung controls the models and they haven't brought a 64GB model to Canada within any carrier.

*waits patiently for official news*

Samsung Canada says that they're not bringing the Note 5 64gb to Canada because the cell providers don't want them, and the cell providers say Samsung Canada is not bringing it to Canada, it's kinda hard to figure out who to believe; meanwhile I just noticed that Rogers is taking reservations on the crappy new iPhones in all colours and all gb size available, very disappointing I must say. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kerri_christian

They are because Apple has released those colors and GB models and they have agreements in place with carriers to release all colors Nd GB. Samsung doesn't so it that way and they tell us we won't get it.

kerri_christian
I plan to stick around

That's odd because according to the Samsung Canada rep I talk to who was visiting the SAmsung Experience Store, it's the carriers that choose what they want to release and when.

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @kerri_christian

They are because Apple has released those colors and GB models and they have agreements in place with carriers to release all colors Nd GB. Samsung doesn't so it that way and they tell us we won't get it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kerri_christian

That may be correct but its also the manufacturer that decides as well. It goes both ways. Also the Samsung rep does not really know the in & outs of the agreements with the carriers. They only represent the company & try to sell u something

amynlakhani
I plan to stick around
Just wanted to comment. I got the phone. I like others don't like the battery and SD card issue. I bought a 16k mili amp battery pack and a 64gb micro SD with a mini adapter. Problem resolved. The on board system mem is 22gb after the OS and essentials are installed. If you have any questions I can answer about my experience, just ask here and I'll do my best to answer. I got zagg glass and a veruse case.
Topic Stats