cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone! 

As you noticed today Samsung announced the Galaxy Note 5. I watched the announcement at work while it was going on.  Here are some specs on it! 

• Android 5.1 Lollipop, TouchWiz
  • 5.7inch Quad-HD Super Amoled (2560×1440)
  • Exynos 7420 octa-core (2.1GHz quad + 1.5GHz quad) 64bit, 14nm
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 32 GB storage (No SD card slot) 
  • Non-removable 3,000 mAh battery with Fast Charging
  • 16MP rear camera F1.9 lens and OIS (optical image stabilization)
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
  • 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6mm
  • 171g
  • Wireless charging
  • SPen
  • 4G LTE enable

Rogers will be selling it for $359.99 on a 2-year term, $860 no-term  and the reservation system will be open as of August 14th. 

Rogers will be releasing this device ON August 21st in 32GB sapphire black it seems but hopefully they add the more GB later on. 

If you have any questions or concerns please post ANYTHING about the Note 5 and reservations here please and i will be able to assist you with any questions you have! 

Thanks! 🙂 

738 REPLIES 738

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

kerri_christian
I plan to stick around

Well in that case you're lucky, I don't know if I should even bother with the Live Chat anymore since they don't even have that model available anymore,

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kerri_christian

Try best buy & see if they have it in stock or check some Rogers stores. Online is different then store stock.

kerri_christian
I plan to stick around

I already checked Best Buy and they only have the 64gb with Bell, as for the other Rogers stores I've called 8 so far and none of them have it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kerri_christian

I'll see what answer I get at my Best Buy and get back to u

Andre_Avigdor
I plan to stick around
Quick update... I picked up my reserved Note 5 from the local Rogers store last Sunday... been playing with all week... it's a great phone in every aspect except for the battery life... I am looking forward to when someone comes out with an extended battery case for it like the ones that have come out for the S6!

Roglebo
I plan to stick around

Hi!

For those who have Galaxy Note 5 :

what is the model number SM-N920???? of your Galaxy Note 5? 

Thanks!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Andre_Avidgor

Nice nice!! Im pretty sure they will just give it time!

Babukb2
I plan to stick around

model number is SM-N920W8

Nanu
I've been here awhile

Will rogers get Note 5 64GB?  Can someone confrim this?

Is it a matter of waiting or its not going to happen?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Nanu

Unfortunately as I said before the 64GB model won't be coming to Canada

Nanu
I've been here awhile
What happnes if i buy a Note 5 32GB today and few months down you guys start selling 64GB?
Not saying it will happen, but what if it does?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Nanu

Then u can't do much unless u sell ur device and upgrade again.. No carrier does exchanges for the same model or different after 15-3 days

Hey @Nanu just to add to @Meowmix statement...

You would then buy that phone as well and keep the older phone or sell it or trade it in. Your call.

With Technology, you aren't given a guarantee. Mainly because technology upgrades all the time, new models, versions or variations are launched. Not only in Phones but Camera (DSLR), Cars, Laptops/Desktops, Tablets... even RC Drones...
There is no safety net for your investment.
If you want it now.
You got it now. But you can't expect it to be reimbursed for same value when a newer version comes out...

Best everyday example would be, Buying a Car.
When manufacture has a mid-year models... those really hurt for customers who bought it earlier and mid-year a new 'revamp' version comes out.

As hard as it is to say, the dealership has nothing to do with that.

and in Wireless services; the wireless carrier would not have anything to do with that.
It would be solely the manufacture's decision, and in this case that would be Samsung decision.

dieselx
I plan to stick around
Got an update last night on my Note 5. Was hoping for WiFi calling. No dice. Update was 54MB. Don't see anything different. Said performance upgrades etc in the notes and that's about it

o__o Interesting. No notes either eh? may be some bugs and fixes for glitches? (Minor patches?)

wpd
I plan to stick around

No, it's not the epic hockey series as the title might suggest....

There are differences between the Canadian and USA ( International as well ) versions of this phone. Things like the "User manual " not being included in the Settings, which I previously noted in another thread. It goes further. Bluetooth tethering is not included in the Canadian version either.

The other day, my sim card stopped working and I called Rogers tech support. The tech tried talking me through different aspects of my phone in the " settings " to resolve the problem. What we realized was that several of the areas the tech was trying to access to solve the problem were not on my phone. Along with the user manual and bluetooth tethering, it was suggested that my phone had a problem and that I should exchange it for another.

When I went to the Rogers store, they finally had a live demo unit and we looked on the demo and it did have the user manual and bluetooth tethering, and likely all the settings that were missing on my phone. I exchanged the phone for a new model. Unfortunately, the new phone had 0% battery ( which I found odd ) so I took it home to charge. Once I set it up, It was identical to my first phone with the Bluetooth tethering and User manual ( and likely the other settings ) missing.

Rogers store could not explain why, nor can ( will ) Samsung support, either through the Rogers Samsung rep nor the Samsung Support rep.

Did Canada get a bad shipment ? Did Rogers scale down the software ? Why would Samsung provide Canada only with a skeleton version of the software ? Does it have something to do with only getting the 32GB version and trying to keep as much operating space as possible ?

All kinds of questions and not a single answer....... so far.

kerri_christian
I plan to stick around

I can't believe Rogers is getting the 64gb versions of the crappy new iPhones, but not for the Note 5. Very disappointing and frustrating. 

^ This, right here. I hear the war-cry of an Android Fan.
I'm with you on that one @kerri_christian
I am not a fan of iPhone, not only has Samsung attempted to copy the uni-body of iPhone (The original copy-cat of other manufactures) - Samsung has fail to provide Canada with 64gb or other colors. (Not just Rogers). Check their website out, Note 5 only shows up in Black in their gallery and I couldn't easily find any details on "Storage space" or "Storage variations" - since it only comes in 1 color with 32GB. >__<"

I would LOVE to get my hands on White Note 5 64GB (or if I may dream of a 128GB)

iPhones for all carriers and electronic stores that carry them seem to always market and push the hype...
I feel android (and windows and blackberry) users are left dry and deserted 😞

@wpd man I love the question you ask. Android user (in my opinion) are far more detail oriented - and for that exact reason they use android over iPhone (Nothing wrong with iPhone, except its simple and plain and all I can think of is "Sheeps".... heheh I'm being evil about it I know)...

I think you are right, providing Canada with 32GB I think its skim down software version of more beefier storage like 64GB which probably has more add on like Bluetooth tethering (which I'm shocked to hear it doesn't have... I didn't know that until I read your post above) ...

I think to really feel the burn, one would have to compare a American 32GB vs Canadian 32GB - and if features are lacking; I'm really going to feel upset with Samsung.
Yes, we discuss this on a Roger's Forum... but Roger's wouldn't have anything to do with Samsung's decision of what to release for Canadian market. I personally didn't see or read up on any documentation pertaining to lack of features.

There is a Samsung Service Center in my city; I am gonna visit them on my day off and pick their brain to see what is going on with this. I doubt the rep would have much answers, but like I said Android users are usually detail orientated - by luck I'll get to talk to one of true android user's I usually talk to. He usually has answers....

Edit: Grammar check (3:30am in the morning... trying my best to write proper English 😛 )

dieselx
I plan to stick around
Some carriers have the Bluetooth Tethering disabled. Never saw that option when I had the Note 4 as well. Tmobile, AT&T and I think someone else has that feature off the phone for reasons I guess. I believe only Sprint in the US has it enabled. As for the 64GB, yes I would like to have that option. I use the cloud for videos and my music and have all my application installed. Still have 21.5GB left. Depends on the user but I won't have any problems with the 32GB myself

-___- I think I am crazy and mass download every app I will ever need from the get-go.
Rather than filtering what I need @dieselx
so that may be my issue. I may settle for 32GB to be honest. But At least the COLOR man... WHITE. I NEED WHITE lolz

wpd
I plan to stick around
The average person can likely get by with 32GB. I think people need to be more in tune with cloud storage, which if you look around, in generally free. I think "memory" is a physcological thing, especially when thinking about buying a non-upgradable device. Want to get enough " just in case". I was there. I had the Note 4 and added 32 GB card for 64 GB total. I never exceeded the system memory and the card sat there " just in case". Iim perfectly fine wit the 32GB and still have 11.84 GB free after 85 Apps, 1283 pictures and 7 videos and 712 songs.
Topic Stats