cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone! 

As you noticed today Samsung announced the Galaxy Note 5. I watched the announcement at work while it was going on.  Here are some specs on it! 

• Android 5.1 Lollipop, TouchWiz
  • 5.7inch Quad-HD Super Amoled (2560×1440)
  • Exynos 7420 octa-core (2.1GHz quad + 1.5GHz quad) 64bit, 14nm
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 32 GB storage (No SD card slot) 
  • Non-removable 3,000 mAh battery with Fast Charging
  • 16MP rear camera F1.9 lens and OIS (optical image stabilization)
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
  • 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6mm
  • 171g
  • Wireless charging
  • SPen
  • 4G LTE enable

Rogers will be selling it for $359.99 on a 2-year term, $860 no-term  and the reservation system will be open as of August 14th. 

Rogers will be releasing this device ON August 21st in 32GB sapphire black it seems but hopefully they add the more GB later on. 

If you have any questions or concerns please post ANYTHING about the Note 5 and reservations here please and i will be able to assist you with any questions you have! 

Thanks! 🙂 

738 REPLIES 738

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

wpd
I plan to stick around

That's just pure evil...... I on the other hand, walked into my Rogers store this afternoon and they readily provided the charger for free. I upgraded to the Note 5 last weekend before my reservation showed up and worked  things out with the manager that when the reservation showed up, they would give me the charager, and today, they were true to their word.

As @Meowmix stated, if they want to be sticklers, you can return the phone under buyers remorse as long as you are under 30 minutes ( you're still under the 15 days ) and pickup your reserved phone with the free charger. It's ridiculous for the store to make you do that but it is a way for you to get what you want.

From a system perspective, the store manager completed the transaction is less than 30 seconds so I don't see why any other store can't do the same.

Some people were just born really uptight !

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd & @ShakTiburon

I seen their point as i do work in retail & I do see the customers point as well. The process to return something takes 20 minutes or so. Then in order to do a upgrade the system needs a few minutes to let the upgrade option return. That is when the rep / store manager can do it. Each store has their own methods on how to do it but most are told not do to it as this is supposed to be a reservation gift right? That is how they see it.

It all depends on who you speak to & if they are willing to do it for you.

wpd
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix@ShakTiburon, it's like everything else in this world, you need to develop relationships with people that you deal with regularly and they will look after you. If you're nobody to them, they won't put the effort into making you happy. " Stick to the script " relationships is what I call them. Invest in these types of relationships and they will look after you.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd

Exactly. That is how i am at work. I built a relationship with my customers & i take care of them. Not to say i don't take care of everyone but if you have those relationships, you can do more.

As you said that is with all companies.

@Patthe I have yet to pick it up...
but apparently it's waiting for me at the store.

Babukb2
I plan to stick around

picked up the devices and wireless chargers yesterday

for the wireless charger he didnt even have to scan them in as when he tried they werent coming up in the system, even when he manually entered the product code, manager told the rep that there is no need and to just give the wireless  chargers since they are a free promo

so far device is great! also having issue and unable to use the video calling feature, each time it just comes up with "Video calling is currently not available. A voice call will be placed." never seems to be available though...

Huh interesting, well makes sense about the free promo, it is only delivered to the store so it really isn't part of their inventory.

As for Video Calling Feature, it is compatible with VoLTE devices only. 🙂

Babukb2
I plan to stick around

pretty sure the Note 5 is a VoLTE device, I even recall seeing a volte option in the settings for calls, and it was enabled on my Note 5 by default

wpd
I plan to stick around

The Note 5 is VoLTE however , both the calling and receiving phones must be VoLTE. Was the other phone VoLTE?

Hey @Babukb2 - Confirm with the info below as @wpd asked. The other phone has to be VoLTE phone as well. (Think of it like FaceTime, by Apple; both phones need the capability to do it.)

VoLTE Compatible phones:

• LG Vigor
  • Samsung GS6
  • Samsung GS6 edge
  • Samsung GS6 edge+
  • Samsung Note 5
  • LG G4

As @RogersAliciaG mentioned in another thread.
She also linked to the FAQ as well: HERE (new TAB/Window will open)

Hope this helps! 😄

Babukb2
I plan to stick around

ya the phone i am calling is the other Note 5, as i got 2 with the reservation for 2 of my lines, both VoLTE and both have VoLTE enabled by default

where i live i have pretty weak coverage, kinda hit and miss on the lte, ill try maybe when we are in a good LTE coverage area

has anyone with the device been able to get the video call feature to work?

battery life is awesome on this thing!

@Babukb2 - Do you find the 32GB limited or no?

The only reason I was hesitant, was because I (usually) want more Storage. 64GB at the least 😐

Roglebo
I plan to stick around
Hi!

On amazon.ca, this phone is available :

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920i 32GB Gold Factory Unlocked GSM - International Version

Can it run correctly on Rogers network?

Thanks!

wpd
I plan to stick around

It's GSM so it should work, but I'll leave that to a Rogers employee or RE to confirm. That said, Amazon is asking $ 1195 plus tax for the phone. You want to pay that much for it ?

dieselx
I plan to stick around
Nice to see VoLte. Wondering if the Note 5 will have WiFi calling as well

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dieselx

It can with the next update. It does have the feature

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Roglebo

Yes as its a GSM device it can work on Rogers but check if the LTE settings would work

@Roglebo

Wouldn't see why "Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920i 32GB Gold Factory Unlocked GSM - International Version" can't work on Rogers.

@Meowmix is right however, the LTE / Higher Data speed may be missing as the band supported might be different.

By the way, How much? I saw them all running for 1 grand or above lol just like @wpd stated, I would rather walk to a store and pay full price $850 for it.
Unless you think Gold paint is worth $200+ O_o

@Meowmix and @dieselx what exactly is the benefit of Wifi-Calling vs Calling from WhatsApp/Facebook/Skype since they have calling feature that can be used in Wifi or Data... I feel like I missed something, just looking for insights.

Patthe
I plan to stick around
Thw benefits of wifi calling is good if you have poor connection at home for exemple. Almost like rogers one number except you wont feel the difference. What I mean you do a normal phone call and if wifi present will use wifi with better reception to complete the instead of bad reception.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ShakTiburon

WiFi calling is better in areas that u don't have service but u can get WiFi. BlackBerry used to have this feature and it was great for many that rather use WiFi calling. It's like Rogers One but a different version

Ah I see.
Thanks @Patthe & @Meowmix
I guess it's similar to Google Fi Project that's currently in the USA.
Topic Stats