cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone! 

As you noticed today Samsung announced the Galaxy Note 5. I watched the announcement at work while it was going on.  Here are some specs on it! 

• Android 5.1 Lollipop, TouchWiz
  • 5.7inch Quad-HD Super Amoled (2560×1440)
  • Exynos 7420 octa-core (2.1GHz quad + 1.5GHz quad) 64bit, 14nm
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 32 GB storage (No SD card slot) 
  • Non-removable 3,000 mAh battery with Fast Charging
  • 16MP rear camera F1.9 lens and OIS (optical image stabilization)
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
  • 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6mm
  • 171g
  • Wireless charging
  • SPen
  • 4G LTE enable

Rogers will be selling it for $359.99 on a 2-year term, $860 no-term  and the reservation system will be open as of August 14th. 

Rogers will be releasing this device ON August 21st in 32GB sapphire black it seems but hopefully they add the more GB later on. 

If you have any questions or concerns please post ANYTHING about the Note 5 and reservations here please and i will be able to assist you with any questions you have! 

Thanks! 🙂 

738 REPLIES 738

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

MANDROID
I plan to stick around
@ShakTiburon @Meowmix I definitely do want that free wireless charger! One of the reasons I'm upgrading from the S5. The S5 is great, nothing wrong with it at all....but I want the new perks and larger screen!

Patthe
I plan to stick around
So rogers told me my wireless charger should come by mail later on. Is that how they do it? Send the phone then the charger later?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Patthe

Sometimes it does happen that way. I have seen cases like that

@Patthe I mentioned that earlier.
If it is being delivered to you directly, The two products can come separately. It is not unusual at all.

and @MANDROID sounds like a great plan! I usually keep my old phone as back up for a few months before I get rid of it. (except for my note series which I kept all of em for some lame hoarding reasons).
Wireless Charger is a great thing and the perks are worth for the android! 😧
I'm torn between Note 5 and waiting for new Windows Phone... Time will tell time will tell. (Probably will get both)

Andre_Avigdor
I plan to stick around
This is what I get when I try to check my reservation status lol
orry, but we cannot process your request at this time. It could be due to one of the following reasons:

• You are not eligible to use the reservation system; you must have an existing wireless device and receive a monthly bill from Rogers.

• You are eligible, but we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.

Thank you.

Désolés, nous ne pouvons pas traiter votre demande pour le moment. Voici les deux raisons possibles:

• Vous n’êtes pas autorisé à utiliser le système de réservation. Vous devez déjà avoir un appareil sans fil et recevoir une facture mensuelle de Rogers pour l’utiliser.

• Vous êtes admissible au système de réservation, mais nous éprouvons actuellement des problèmes techniques. Veuillez réessayer plus tard.

Merci.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Andre_Avigdor

I got that a couple of times last year when I did my reservation. It's just a system glitch that's all

True True.

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around
I was #18 before my reservation status changed to "IN Progress" on Monday August 24th. It was Monday August 31st when I contacted Rogers Support via their online chat system. They had none idea what I was talking about at first, asking for an order number etc. The call ended up with them telling me to contact the store that my device was to be shipped to.

I called my store and they still haven't heard anything about about reservations shopping but they had stock available. I just went in and proceeded with my hardware upgrade. I wasn't able to get an answer on if I will be able to get the free wireless charger when they receive my order, so we'll see what happens there. I'll still have to decline the reservation when it comes in to get the $40 reservation fee credited back anyhow.

For the record, I'm seeing the same error page when I try to check my reservation status.

I probably will not use the reservation system moving forward (at least for Note devices). There is usually enough supply to satisfy demand on Note launches and this experience only highlights the efficiency issues with the reservation system since it takes them so much longer to process these individual orders. For an iPhone launch, it's probably OK since demand is typically well in excess of supply (you aren't as likely to be able to just walk into a store and get your device).

Anyhow I just wanted to share my experience since this seems to be the only place with real information on Note 5 reservations.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JoshuaAustin

Honestly it seems to be a issue with a lot of reservations but mainly the iPhone and Samsung Note series that have this issue. The other ones ship out before the release and u can get it at launch at the store

wpd
I plan to stick around

While there are lots of complaints about 5.1.1 on the new Samsung devices ( I have a few ), one significant positive of waiting for the Reservations is the wireless charger. I have to say, I am impressed.

I have it attached through USB into my port replicator ( not directly into a power outlet with the Fastdongle). The speed that it recharges is very good, and this isn't even the new " Fast wireless Pad ".

If you don't want to pay for one then I would suggest the reservation wait is worth it, although I can't for the life of me understand why reservations are not being filled. The worst part is nobody in the know is talking. We'll never get a factual answer. I doubt they're holding back due to software issues or any other problem as the stores are still getting stock. We'll never know.

wpd
I plan to stick around

ROGERS - Would it be too much to ask that someone from Rogers, with knowledge of the status of these Samsung reservations, provide us with an update ?

1. What, if anything is going on that has Reservations still on hold 11 days after launch ? 

2. When can we expect to see reservations filled ?

Thanks 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd

Unfortunately they won't be able to answer that as they don't get answers unless the warehouse team releases the information. They might give u a generic update though

kyleh
I plan to stick around

hi the 5.1.1 is amazing, but came with video calling and when i click on it does not run, is there away to get it to work

it COMES WITH VIDEO CALLING?!

dsfalsjksdl WHAAAAAAAAT?!

YAYY!

I assume the other side has to have Video Calling as well no? (This feature is actually old for Asian Countries, as they have Video calling Since Galaxy S 1 (Original) series built in right to the phone app.

Does any one you know have 5.1.1 - maybe give them a ring?

wpd
I plan to stick around

Wasn't aware of video calling with 5.1.1. It's not even advertised. Are you sure ?

wpd
I plan to stick around

Just read that T-Mobile in the USA is rolling out an update to Note 5 and Edge + phones to get Video calling over LTE and WIFI.

Guess it's not specific to phones but a carrier feature. Question is, will Rogers offer this feature ??????

RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi, @wpd

Great news, 

The LG Vigor,the Samsung GS6, GS6 edge, GS6 edge+ and Note 5; and the LG G4 are all currently compatible.

Check out our VoLTE FAQ page here

Thanks, 

RogersAliciaG

Right!
That's what I was thinking...

Its part of the VoLTE feature! 🙂

Thanks @RogersAliciaG - ^__^

kyleh
I plan to stick around

hi @RogersAliciaG i have samsung galaxy s6 edge and i have volte, and its on.  5.1.1 came with video calling but when i press it nothing happens

wpd
I plan to stick around

That would explain the camera button in the phone dialer on the Note 5...... Nice going Rogers !

@kyleh

I would be happy to help  Smiley Happy

When you make the call, are you calling another device that is VoLTE compatible ?

Regards,

RogersAliciaG

Topic Stats