Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

True True.
I Plan to Stick Around

I was #18 before my reservation status changed to "IN Progress" on Monday August 24th. It was Monday August 31st when I contacted Rogers Support via their online chat system. They had none idea what I was talking about at first, asking for an order number etc. The call ended up with them telling me to contact the store that my device was to be shipped to.

I called my store and they still haven't heard anything about about reservations shopping but they had stock available. I just went in and proceeded with my hardware upgrade. I wasn't able to get an answer on if I will be able to get the free wireless charger when they receive my order, so we'll see what happens there. I'll still have to decline the reservation when it comes in to get the $40 reservation fee credited back anyhow.

For the record, I'm seeing the same error page when I try to check my reservation status.

I probably will not use the reservation system moving forward (at least for Note devices). There is usually enough supply to satisfy demand on Note launches and this experience only highlights the efficiency issues with the reservation system since it takes them so much longer to process these individual orders. For an iPhone launch, it's probably OK since demand is typically well in excess of supply (you aren't as likely to be able to just walk into a store and get your device).

Anyhow I just wanted to share my experience since this seems to be the only place with real information on Note 5 reservations.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JoshuaAustin

Honestly it seems to be a issue with a lot of reservations but mainly the iPhone and Samsung Note series that have this issue. The other ones ship out before the release and u can get it at launch at the store
I Plan to Stick Around

While there are lots of complaints about 5.1.1 on the new Samsung devices ( I have a few ), one significant positive of waiting for the Reservations is the wireless charger. I have to say, I am impressed.

I have it attached through USB into my port replicator ( not directly into a power outlet with the Fastdongle). The speed that it recharges is very good, and this isn't even the new " Fast wireless Pad ".

If you don't want to pay for one then I would suggest the reservation wait is worth it, although I can't for the life of me understand why reservations are not being filled. The worst part is nobody in the know is talking. We'll never get a factual answer. I doubt they're holding back due to software issues or any other problem as the stores are still getting stock. We'll never know.

I Plan to Stick Around

ROGERS - Would it be too much to ask that someone from Rogers, with knowledge of the status of these Samsung reservations, provide us with an update ?

1. What, if anything is going on that has Reservations still on hold 11 days after launch ? 

2. When can we expect to see reservations filled ?

Thanks 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd

Unfortunately they won't be able to answer that as they don't get answers unless the warehouse team releases the information. They might give u a generic update though
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

hi the 5.1.1 is amazing, but came with video calling and when i click on it does not run, is there away to get it to work

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

it COMES WITH VIDEO CALLING?!

dsfalsjksdl WHAAAAAAAAT?!

YAYY!

I assume the other side has to have Video Calling as well no? (This feature is actually old for Asian Countries, as they have Video calling Since Galaxy S 1 (Original) series built in right to the phone app.

Does any one you know have 5.1.1 - maybe give them a ring?
I Plan to Stick Around

Wasn't aware of video calling with 5.1.1. It's not even advertised. Are you sure ?

I Plan to Stick Around

Just read that T-Mobile in the USA is rolling out an update to Note 5 and Edge + phones to get Video calling over LTE and WIFI.

Guess it's not specific to phones but a carrier feature. Question is, will Rogers offer this feature ??????