cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone! 

As you noticed today Samsung announced the Galaxy Note 5. I watched the announcement at work while it was going on.  Here are some specs on it! 

• Android 5.1 Lollipop, TouchWiz
  • 5.7inch Quad-HD Super Amoled (2560×1440)
  • Exynos 7420 octa-core (2.1GHz quad + 1.5GHz quad) 64bit, 14nm
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 32 GB storage (No SD card slot) 
  • Non-removable 3,000 mAh battery with Fast Charging
  • 16MP rear camera F1.9 lens and OIS (optical image stabilization)
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
  • 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6mm
  • 171g
  • Wireless charging
  • SPen
  • 4G LTE enable

Rogers will be selling it for $359.99 on a 2-year term, $860 no-term  and the reservation system will be open as of August 14th. 

Rogers will be releasing this device ON August 21st in 32GB sapphire black it seems but hopefully they add the more GB later on. 

If you have any questions or concerns please post ANYTHING about the Note 5 and reservations here please and i will be able to assist you with any questions you have! 

Thanks! 🙂 

738 REPLIES 738

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

MANDROID
I plan to stick around
I know the feeling.....i hope they convert mine to shipped today so that I can get it tomorrow. I don't want to have to wait until next week!

jkffghjfghjfgjh
I plan to stick around

to get the wireless charger, you had to fulfil a few things first.

1. you had to be on or move to a share anything plan

2. reserved it online.

This happened to me last year when I got my note 4 and didn't get the bluetooth speaker because I bought the phone outright from Rogers and didn't agree to downgrade my legacy 6 gig iphone plan to their crappier, more expensive share anything plans.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jkffghjfghjfgjh

That's how it works now it seems. Bell is doing the same. This seems to me a new trend to get a free product

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @MANDROID

Even if it ships out tomorrow, u will get it Saturday as Rogers has a special agreement with UPS for that

Fabledsky
I'm here a lot
Yeah I didn't want to upgrade to the same plan but pay 20 dollars more just to save 200 dollars and get a free charger.

Oh, Meow mix. I know it's not under warranty. But honestly it's no biggie for me. I can just use the pen regularly. This phone is absolutely gorgeous though.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Fabledsky

Exactly. As long as it does not bother you, then you are good! Yeah i am kinda liking it !

o__________o"
I want wireless charger... (Even though I have no actual need for it, I have USB Hubs set around my house for any charging needs.)

Now when Wireless Chargers become the norm for EVERYTHING, that.. would be super awesome... 🙂

I believe the Delay can be caused by Wireless Charger stock too no? as they both come together when reserved.
If the phone is in stock and wireless charger isn't wouldn't that cause a delay as well? (just a thought - I know nothing of stock... @Meowmix is better at knowing stuff from retail end)

wpd
I plan to stick around
Almost a week since launch and still sitting in progress. That $28 wireless pad is looking less and less attractive by the day.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd

Honestly is the wireless charger even worth it anymore? You can always by it later on if u want unless u really want to wait

aaaaaaaaaand life goes on.

I like how @wpd calls it "$28 charger" as the official name haha.

I think anything is worth the wait as long as it's free. However, if the phone is more important to get now. The wait time is worth $28 right now to you @wpd
Your call.

I like free, so I don't mind waiting. I am also not Super Thrilled about Samsung doing what it did to Note series with its 5th Instalment. Still getting it... so I don't mind waiting, as I am truly not waiting - It will arrive for me, when it arrives... I guess?

wpd
I plan to stick around
Update.... Charging pad is now $20 on Amazon.

^ LOL @wpd You know I'm just gonna order it from amazon just cause its $20 bucks now.

Is that prime (free 2 day)? or shipping as well (additional cost)? 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd

At this point I would have just gone to the store and gotten it my self and ordered the wireless charger.

No longer is the wait worth $20.

o(-________-)o

wpd
I plan to stick around

@ShakTiburon, Free Shipping is what the ad says. I don't think it's Prime. Probably still get it before the phone arrives though.

kh29
I plan to stick around

i have a question my dad is 61 years old and is the samsung galaxy s6 edge suitable for him

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kh29

It should be as long as he knows how to use it and u can teach him. Any phone is if u really want too

@wpd lol you're jokes haha

@kh29 hi there! @Meowmix is very much on point, any phone is if you really want to.
Android and Iphone are both simple phones. Android can just be more complicated if YOU want it to be... otherwise the functionality of it is beautiful.

Your dad will like the s6 edge 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd

Lol that's how it may work out 😛

I'm ordering my wireless chargeron Amazon (i'll end up having two) before @wpd advertisement makes that go out of stock LOL

jkffghjfghjfgjh
I plan to stick around

So I finally called into rogers last night to investigate why my phone has been sitting in limbo now for most of the week.

After about 40 minutes I get transfered to a "manager" who tells me the following:

because I have an older plan, they are unable to ship the phone regardless of your pre order status, and that the phone would NOT ship at all until I called into Rogers and confirmed that I would be upgrading to a Share Everything plan.

I almost lost my mind over the phone. 

1. That is BS. I didn't upgrade last year when I pre ordered my Note 4 which shipped just fine, and I bought outright at the store.

2. If this is the case, why didn't I at least get an email/call informing me of the cause of the delay and what my options would be if I wished to continue with the pre order.

3. Why does the system allow customers to pre order phones if they aren't on the most up to date plans then anyways? The website should block you immediately so you don't sit around like an idiot waiting for something that will never come.

So anyways I just called a few local stores and explained my situation and as far as they are all concerned none of the employees have ever heard of this being the reason for the delay. 

So I just got fed a bunch of garbage from Rogers (yet again) for why my phone hasn't shipped. Amazing. Good to see a uniform understanding amongst their employees. 

Topic Stats