Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @ShakTiburon

That is correct. It seems to be all manufacturers doing this now. Honestly no need for it
I Plan to Stick Around

These makers have no confidence in their products anymore. It seems like they only make a certain amount for the global areas, but not the amount that they think that they might sell because they have no confidence. Therefore everyone have a shortage on their products, but you're right this is the new norm....
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Shortage?
What Shortage?
@Patrick52 -- Samsung has no Shortage. They are following the Supply&Demand marketing strategy Apple does every year. Where they release limited supply so people who get it are envied by people who didn't (yet) which makes them crave the product more (since its premium as well) AND Hype naturally increases.

Samsung did not play the Supply&Demand on Galaxy S3 and S4 and at first the sales were low and slow, but picked up.

With Note 3 & Note 4 and Galaxy S5 and S6 (including edge variants of both) Samsung limited the supply created the hype and sold more in the end.

Nothing new here.
They definitely have confidence, confidence in playing the right cards and selling the targeted units. Smiley Wink

It's business as usual.
@Meowmix didn't you guys have a shortage last year and the year before that?
I Plan to Stick Around

It is the new standard...... it's the Apple standard and Samsung seems to be replicating Apple in every way, including design and supply chain.

Can't imagine these large shareholder based companies missing targets year after year AND not seeing the CEO's held accountable...... unless the supply targets are intentional. It does create artificial demand ( as  @ShakTiburon pointed out ).

Just like Rogers, and likely others, directing inventory to higher revenue streams ( new accounts ) first. As of last night at 5:30 pm, I could still walk into my local Bestbuy ( Kitchener ) and pick up a Note 5. There's supply, it's just directed to the highest return first.

It's the new standard which places the " reservation " system as a last resort if you want a new device and certainly if you want it on launch day. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi everyone,

Update: Acquired the Note 5 and the free wireless charger from Rogers Plus Store. 

This is not the "fast" wireless charger, as advertised on Samsung website: EP-PN920TWEGUS / EP-PN920TBEGUS

This is the is the model #: EP-PG920IBUGUS - as found on http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/EP-PG920IBUGUS

It's good for the charge rate, I had the Note 5 at 35% and within approx. 15-20 minutes, it was sitting at 55% or so., using the supplied "fast charger" adapter and cable from Note 5. 

The Roger Plus Store had the Spigen case (which works with the Wireless Charger, by the way!), and I got this off on 50% promo discount (reg price $37.99) .

Also, I had a concern: Note 5 with Rogers is not working with VOLTE (disappointing), I hope Rogers will enable that. 

I setup the new suretap SIM Card, and connected my prepaid M/C from while back, when they were offering the free $100.00 promo, and used the Note 5 at Tim Hortons, works flawlessly. 

Today after work, I'll try the tap payment at a gas station.... we'll see how it goes. 

The unit is very good, and it has a nice feel to do, only downside (for me, anyways), is the capacity - 32GB, really? Come on, Samsung, need 128 GB ....

Eventually, when I go to USA, I might pop into T-Mobile to buy outright Note 5 - 64GB variant. 

On other unrelated note :- here is a phone with 256 GB Internal Storage Smiley Happyhttp://www.theverge.com/2015/8/22/9191757/asus-zenfone-2-deluxe-special-edition

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Karthik_S

Very nice!. Yeah Samsung didn't give Rogers that one due to they wanted everyone to buy it instead. In reality it's still great they are giving u something free anyways.

Yeah I agree Samsung has gone a but far with just one color and only 32GB. It should be the least 64GB and higher but I guess Samsung Canada doesn't care...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

Yes we did. As I mentioned above all the Best buys only get a couple in Stock for each carrier. While some have in Stock, most don't. Each store gets around 4-6 devices of that model that's all.
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

@Meowmix - I was referring to the "Supply and Demand" marketing scheme Samsung and Apple pulls every year.

*sigh* aoiej4lsf 32GB isn't enough for users. Well not anyone one beyond a basic user.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

Ahh okay as you said " did u guys have a shortage last year and the year befor that" so I took that as u asked about my work lol
I Plan to Stick Around

Mine still says open.

I am now at 34. When I first placed my reservation I was in the mid 50's if I recall (54?)

I really do hope to see my phone this week....