cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone! 

As you noticed today Samsung announced the Galaxy Note 5. I watched the announcement at work while it was going on.  Here are some specs on it! 

• Android 5.1 Lollipop, TouchWiz
  • 5.7inch Quad-HD Super Amoled (2560×1440)
  • Exynos 7420 octa-core (2.1GHz quad + 1.5GHz quad) 64bit, 14nm
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 32 GB storage (No SD card slot) 
  • Non-removable 3,000 mAh battery with Fast Charging
  • 16MP rear camera F1.9 lens and OIS (optical image stabilization)
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
  • 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6mm
  • 171g
  • Wireless charging
  • SPen
  • 4G LTE enable

Rogers will be selling it for $359.99 on a 2-year term, $860 no-term  and the reservation system will be open as of August 14th. 

Rogers will be releasing this device ON August 21st in 32GB sapphire black it seems but hopefully they add the more GB later on. 

If you have any questions or concerns please post ANYTHING about the Note 5 and reservations here please and i will be able to assist you with any questions you have! 

Thanks! 🙂 

738 REPLIES 738

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Patrick52
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix. Lol! thanks for the correction... Lol😛

wpd
I plan to stick around
Has anyone figured out which wireless pad is included with reservations? The old one or the new fast charging one?

@wpd - hi!

I was hoping @Meowmix would know. Since he's following through this closely.

Though I have sent a request to find out myself, since a lot of people are asking.

Patrick52
I plan to stick around
@wpd the old one... The new one is on back order and that's going thru Samsung. The new one has fast charger under the Samsung logo on the pad. But hey free is free right! 😃

@Patrick52 I think so too.

Quick research (external sources and specs details and pricing)
Standard Wireless Charger: $49.99 (USD)
Fast Charge Wireless Charger $69.99 (USD)

Safe to say it is the standard one... since the Rogers.com promotion website stated "Valued at 59.99". (In CAD)

Completely speculating here, I could be wrong.

But I have to agree with @Patrick52 - Free is free. 😎

Edit: Clarified Pricing USD vs CAD

bgrav
I've been around
I reserved the edge plus, 70th on list. It's been 3 days now and have not heard anything. I'm now at 64. Your telling me rogers has only 6 freaking phones, seriously, moved 6 spots in 3 days. Should have went with bell

wpd
I plan to stick around
@bgrav.... In regards to your drop to 64, likely just people cancelling and not orders being filled.

wpd
I plan to stick around
You can get the old pad on Amazon.ca for $ 28 CDN or less. It's not worth waiting around for old technology. How do they sell an up to date phone and offer yesterdays technology as a gift ? Nuts....

rawr4444
I plan to stick around

@bgrav I reserved the first day and was at 2, and still am.    I'm really hoping they get their shiz in order and get stock and ship out Monday.    It's totally must just be a stock thing from what Samsung gets them - I doubt it's anyone's fault or error.   Just crappy luck.    I could go to any store and buy a 32gb edge+ today but am holding out for the 64.    So frustrating because my stupid Note 3 barely works.     Hopefully this isn't turning into a debacle like last year with the iPhone 6 plus - it took my wife like 3 weeks to get her phone even after reserving it.

Patrick52
I plan to stick around
@wpd I was #47 and I cancelled after speaking to a Rogers rep about them being backed ordered for the note 5. Nevertheless I got lucky and walked in to my local Rogers store and walked out with my note 5. After that I went on Amazon and used my free gift card on prime and ordered the Samsung wireless charger ( sapphire black) Sometimes we have to do what we have to do, I felt like I reserved a phone and paid a price for that reservation and for it to be backdated made no sense to me but I understand it's a business and it was indicated in the small print. So I felt I should get my reimbursement for my feet and take matters in my own hands if it could be done... That's just my situation. Thanks! 😉

Uhh... @bgrav doesn't iPhone play this game ever year? "Low Stock"?

and @wpd I agree man, Fast Charger should be provided, I assume its Samsung Deal being pushed? Has to be something related. I feel like Samsung as a manfucature has really dropped the ball, smashed the ball, stepped on the ball, and then let it roll towards apple... seriously.
I like samsung, but the marketing makes me question. I might do Windows Phone or Sony Phone. to sync with Xbox Live or Playstation Network.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @bgrav

Bell has the same issue so no point of doing that.. best buy is low on stock as well and barely has any Rogers and Bell devices.

It seems like Samsung is doing it again like last year with the Note 4

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ShakTiburon

That is correct. It seems to be all manufacturers doing this now. Honestly no need for it

Patrick52
I plan to stick around
These makers have no confidence in their products anymore. It seems like they only make a certain amount for the global areas, but not the amount that they think that they might sell because they have no confidence. Therefore everyone have a shortage on their products, but you're right this is the new norm....

Shortage?
What Shortage?
@Patrick52 -- Samsung has no Shortage. They are following the Supply&Demand marketing strategy Apple does every year. Where they release limited supply so people who get it are envied by people who didn't (yet) which makes them crave the product more (since its premium as well) AND Hype naturally increases.

Samsung did not play the Supply&Demand on Galaxy S3 and S4 and at first the sales were low and slow, but picked up.

With Note 3 & Note 4 and Galaxy S5 and S6 (including edge variants of both) Samsung limited the supply created the hype and sold more in the end.

Nothing new here.
They definitely have confidence, confidence in playing the right cards and selling the targeted units. 😉

It's business as usual.
@Meowmix didn't you guys have a shortage last year and the year before that?

wpd
I plan to stick around

It is the new standard...... it's the Apple standard and Samsung seems to be replicating Apple in every way, including design and supply chain.

Can't imagine these large shareholder based companies missing targets year after year AND not seeing the CEO's held accountable...... unless the supply targets are intentional. It does create artificial demand ( as  @ShakTiburon pointed out ).

Just like Rogers, and likely others, directing inventory to higher revenue streams ( new accounts ) first. As of last night at 5:30 pm, I could still walk into my local Bestbuy ( Kitchener ) and pick up a Note 5. There's supply, it's just directed to the highest return first.

It's the new standard which places the " reservation " system as a last resort if you want a new device and certainly if you want it on launch day. 

Karthik_S
I'm here a lot

Hi everyone,

Update: Acquired the Note 5 and the free wireless charger from Rogers Plus Store. 

This is not the "fast" wireless charger, as advertised on Samsung website: EP-PN920TWEGUS / EP-PN920TBEGUS

This is the is the model #: EP-PG920IBUGUS - as found on http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/EP-PG920IBUGUS

It's good for the charge rate, I had the Note 5 at 35% and within approx. 15-20 minutes, it was sitting at 55% or so., using the supplied "fast charger" adapter and cable from Note 5. 

The Roger Plus Store had the Spigen case (which works with the Wireless Charger, by the way!), and I got this off on 50% promo discount (reg price $37.99) .

Also, I had a concern: Note 5 with Rogers is not working with VOLTE (disappointing), I hope Rogers will enable that. 

I setup the new suretap SIM Card, and connected my prepaid M/C from while back, when they were offering the free $100.00 promo, and used the Note 5 at Tim Hortons, works flawlessly. 

Today after work, I'll try the tap payment at a gas station.... we'll see how it goes. 

The unit is very good, and it has a nice feel to do, only downside (for me, anyways), is the capacity - 32GB, really? Come on, Samsung, need 128 GB ....

Eventually, when I go to USA, I might pop into T-Mobile to buy outright Note 5 - 64GB variant. 

On other unrelated note :- here is a phone with 256 GB Internal Storage 🙂http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/22/9191757/asus-zenfone-2-deluxe-special-edition

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Karthik_S

Very nice!. Yeah Samsung didn't give Rogers that one due to they wanted everyone to buy it instead. In reality it's still great they are giving u something free anyways.

Yeah I agree Samsung has gone a but far with just one color and only 32GB. It should be the least 64GB and higher but I guess Samsung Canada doesn't care...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ShakTiburon

Yes we did. As I mentioned above all the Best buys only get a couple in Stock for each carrier. While some have in Stock, most don't. Each store gets around 4-6 devices of that model that's all.

@Meowmix - I was referring to the "Supply and Demand" marketing scheme Samsung and Apple pulls every year.

*sigh* aoiej4lsf 32GB isn't enough for users. Well not anyone one beyond a basic user.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ShakTiburon

Ahh okay as you said " did u guys have a shortage last year and the year befor that" so I took that as u asked about my work lol
Topic Stats