Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

@wpd - hi!

I was hoping @Meowmix would know. Since he's following through this closely.

Though I have sent a request to find out myself, since a lot of people are asking.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@wpd the old one... The new one is on back order and that's going thru Samsung. The new one has fast charger under the Samsung logo on the pad. But hey free is free right! 😃
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@Patrick52 I think so too.

Quick research (external sources and specs details and pricing)
Standard Wireless Charger: $49.99 (USD)
Fast Charge Wireless Charger $69.99 (USD)

Safe to say it is the standard one... since the Rogers.com promotion website stated "Valued at 59.99". (In CAD)

Completely speculating here, I could be wrong.

But I have to agree with @Patrick52 - Free is free. 😎

Edit: Clarified Pricing USD vs CAD

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I reserved the edge plus, 70th on list. It's been 3 days now and have not heard anything. I'm now at 64. Your telling me rogers has only 6 freaking phones, seriously, moved 6 spots in 3 days. Should have went with bell
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@bgrav.... In regards to your drop to 64, likely just people cancelling and not orders being filled.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You can get the old pad on Amazon.ca for $ 28 CDN or less. It's not worth waiting around for old technology. How do they sell an up to date phone and offer yesterdays technology as a gift ? Nuts....
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@bgrav I reserved the first day and was at 2, and still am.    I'm really hoping they get their shiz in order and get stock and ship out Monday.    It's totally must just be a stock thing from what Samsung gets them - I doubt it's anyone's fault or error.   Just crappy luck.    I could go to any store and buy a 32gb edge+ today but am holding out for the 64.    So frustrating because my stupid Note 3 barely works.     Hopefully this isn't turning into a debacle like last year with the iPhone 6 plus - it took my wife like 3 weeks to get her phone even after reserving it.

I Plan to Stick Around

@wpd I was #47 and I cancelled after speaking to a Rogers rep about them being backed ordered for the note 5. Nevertheless I got lucky and walked in to my local Rogers store and walked out with my note 5. After that I went on Amazon and used my free gift card on prime and ordered the Samsung wireless charger ( sapphire black) Sometimes we have to do what we have to do, I felt like I reserved a phone and paid a price for that reservation and for it to be backdated made no sense to me but I understand it's a business and it was indicated in the small print. So I felt I should get my reimbursement for my feet and take matters in my own hands if it could be done... That's just my situation. Thanks! 😉
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Uhh... @bgrav doesn't iPhone play this game ever year? "Low Stock"?

and @wpd I agree man, Fast Charger should be provided, I assume its Samsung Deal being pushed? Has to be something related. I feel like Samsung as a manfucature has really dropped the ball, smashed the ball, stepped on the ball, and then let it roll towards apple... seriously.
I like samsung, but the marketing makes me question. I might do Windows Phone or Sony Phone. to sync with Xbox Live or Playstation Network.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bgrav

Bell has the same issue so no point of doing that.. best buy is low on stock as well and barely has any Rogers and Bell devices.

It seems like Samsung is doing it again like last year with the Note 4