cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone! 

As you noticed today Samsung announced the Galaxy Note 5. I watched the announcement at work while it was going on.  Here are some specs on it! 

• Android 5.1 Lollipop, TouchWiz
  • 5.7inch Quad-HD Super Amoled (2560×1440)
  • Exynos 7420 octa-core (2.1GHz quad + 1.5GHz quad) 64bit, 14nm
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 32 GB storage (No SD card slot) 
  • Non-removable 3,000 mAh battery with Fast Charging
  • 16MP rear camera F1.9 lens and OIS (optical image stabilization)
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
  • 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6mm
  • 171g
  • Wireless charging
  • SPen
  • 4G LTE enable

Rogers will be selling it for $359.99 on a 2-year term, $860 no-term  and the reservation system will be open as of August 14th. 

Rogers will be releasing this device ON August 21st in 32GB sapphire black it seems but hopefully they add the more GB later on. 

If you have any questions or concerns please post ANYTHING about the Note 5 and reservations here please and i will be able to assist you with any questions you have! 

Thanks! 🙂 

738 REPLIES 738

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

I know - 😕 may be the edge+ is promising but the Note 5 is meh phone - as a Phone its AMAZING. as a NoteSeries it isn't.

rawr4444
I plan to stick around
Has anyone actually found an edge+ 64gb phone yet? If so can you post which store you found it at?

Patthe
I plan to stick around
Im number one from Rogers for a edge+ 64, if I heard anything will let u guy know

rawr4444
I plan to stick around
Lol I'm number 2...... ; (. Must have been a stock screw up. Every store has 32's right now.

@rawr4444 You will get it. Don't you worry 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @rawr4444

Don't worry! You will soon have your precious device in ur hands and play with it!

godspawn
I've been here awhile

Releasing the either the s6+ and the Note 5 with base storage of 32g is a waste of a phone. The cost difference in a 32g and 64g chip to the producer is pennies per chip and will cause nothing but grief to those buying a 32g. 64g and 128g should be the new standard if you are going to lock people out of the phone.  Smiley Mad

^ AGREED! @godspawn

New standard should be 64GB minimum.

godspawn
I've been here awhile

Can you tell me what the software and bloatware is installed in the 32g Note? In the US its 8.5g which ha already eaten 25% of your storage. 64g version there is 15g used. Wonder why the extra bloatware,figure there is more room so load it up?

Babukb2
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

that doesn't make sense, the http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/EP-PN920TBEGUS fast wireless charging pad is just newly launched and was not available when the s6 and s6 edge came out

what I'm thinking is that most likely the free wireless charger will be the same one that was given out during the s6 and s6 edge launch, meaning it WON'T be the new Fast wireless charging pad

still not bad, keep it at bedside where speed is not important since it has all night to charge

@Babukb2 I charge my phone over night anyway...
So a Disc or a Wire wouldn't make a difference...
Wirless Charging to me, seems more like"I put it on and I gotta go in 30 mins" kind of idea... not over night. However it obviously varies on the user...

As far as I know, Rogers doesn't keep the Wireless Chargers in stock; so I wouldn't think it would be the old ones... 😐
Samsung OverStock deals? lol

Eitherway, Wireless Charging to me, is Wireless Charging... I didn't see the difference... so "fast charging" is what? the amps boost/increase?
I have my output plug as 2.4amps anyway. So It doesn't matter what cable or disc I use (I am calling the wireless charger a disc, cause it looks like one... xD lol)

wpd
I plan to stick around
Can someone confirm if it is the fast charge disc or the old model that we're all waiting on? If it's the old one, I'm not waiting around. I'll go to Bestbuy and pick the phone up. You can pick up the old disc on Amazon for $28.

$28?! Nice!

Does Note 3 take the Wireless charging? 😞
(I am lazy to check @Meowmix)

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ShakTiburon

No unfortunately it does not 😞

Time to take out the soldering iron and make my own wireless charger (kidding, I would kill that phone beyond repair lol).

Note 5 "white" will ever come out to canada or are we just getting 32GB black? Cause I rather wait... 😕

Patrick52
I plan to stick around
I think black is all is going to be for at least a few months as well as the 32gb variant. I spoke to a Rogers rep. And they said the noise 5 is on back order...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Patrick52

You mean Note 5 lol. Yes that is correct. It is in backorder with Best Buy as well. Confirmed it this morning.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ShakTiburon

It might come but later on in the up coming months if Samsung gives it to Rogers.

Samsung better give to Rogers. Or I'm flying to Korea and demanding answers lol j/k

I actually was in the assumption we would get 128gb at the start. When you broke the news (and broke my heart) about 32GB only... I was shattered @Meowmix.
Why you break my heart Meowmix? Why?! lol

Yeah, I presume in upcoming months we will see the variants.
I am also looking at and waiting for iPhone (for family member) to see if I am getting them Note 4/Note Edge or iPhone 6 Plus (or newer version)...
They currently have iPhone 5 (yea I know its old) - but want a bigger screen and bigger memory.

Only time will tell I suppose. 🙂

wpd
I plan to stick around

Bestbuy in Kitchener appears to have units in store to reserve. All Bestbuys are also showing backorder for online purchases.

@wpd I think reservation is good for the wireless charger.
Otherwise I think Bestbuy in some locations have stock already.
Topic Stats