cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone! 

As you noticed today Samsung announced the Galaxy Note 5. I watched the announcement at work while it was going on.  Here are some specs on it! 

• Android 5.1 Lollipop, TouchWiz
  • 5.7inch Quad-HD Super Amoled (2560×1440)
  • Exynos 7420 octa-core (2.1GHz quad + 1.5GHz quad) 64bit, 14nm
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 32 GB storage (No SD card slot) 
  • Non-removable 3,000 mAh battery with Fast Charging
  • 16MP rear camera F1.9 lens and OIS (optical image stabilization)
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
  • 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6mm
  • 171g
  • Wireless charging
  • SPen
  • 4G LTE enable

Rogers will be selling it for $359.99 on a 2-year term, $860 no-term  and the reservation system will be open as of August 14th. 

Rogers will be releasing this device ON August 21st in 32GB sapphire black it seems but hopefully they add the more GB later on. 

If you have any questions or concerns please post ANYTHING about the Note 5 and reservations here please and i will be able to assist you with any questions you have! 

Thanks! 🙂 

738 REPLIES 738

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservatio​n numbers / Questions

Babukb2
I plan to stick around

anyone know for the free wireless charger with the online reservation, is it the new fast wireless charging pad, or is it the older wireless charging pad they had for the S6?

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

jkffghjfghjfgjh
I plan to stick around

The way Rogers positioned this entire system is faulty

They are now using the entire wireless charger thing as appeasement for all of us who are angry about not getting their devices on launch day. They should have been upfront with the promotion.

RESERVE YOUR NOTE 5 EARLY, GET IT AFTER LAUNCH DAY (EXACT DATE UNKNOWN), BUT YOU'LL GET A WIRELESS CHARGER FOR FREE!

not:

RESERVE YOUR NOTE 5 EARLY, PAY US A 40 DOLLAR RESEVATION FEE. GO ON BELIEVING THAT YOU MIGHT BE THE FIRST TO HAVE IT. WHOOPS, HA HA, OTHER PEPOPLE CAN WALK IN AND BUY IT BEFORE YOU CAN!  WE'RE GOING BLAME SAMSUNG, AND TAKE NO ACCOUNTABILITY THAT WE DECIEVED YOU, BUT STOP YOUR WHINNING YOU ARE GETTING A WIRELESS CHARGER THAT HE DIDN'T.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Babukb2

In order to use the fast charging u need to plug in the Fast adapting all charger on it & it will fast charge it for u.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @jkffghjfghjfgjh

They did post that in the start but many failed to read the fine print & the Rogers Reservation FAQ which is not Rogers fault as every customer knew to read those... Many do not read them so its not really Rogers fault if customers fail to read it.

I do agree Rogers should atleast say something instead of being silent but there isn't much the mods can say unless they get something from the office.

The Wireless charging unit was free for the S6 but this didnt happen. The iPhone 6 had a free wireless charger but this didnt happen. The S5 had a Suretap $50 pre loaded mastercard but this didn't happen. They aren't using this because of the problems.

Again if u want the device, you are free to go get it at ur local store but the wireless charging unit is stopping u it seems. I agree that the resevation system has its flaws but looking at Bell, they are doing the same to their customers today. So who knows what is truly going on

rawr4444
I plan to stick around

Do they ship on weekends?    Or only weekdays?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @rawr4444

They do only ship weekdays but Rogers has a agreement with UPS to deliver the devices on Saturdays if the device has been shipped out Friday. 

Patrick52
I plan to stick around

I feel that we all have working phones so we need to just get ready to love our new one coming, when you have lemons you make lemonade... but you enjoy the drink! 😊

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Patrick52

I agree. If you have a working phone, i am sure u can wait a extra couple of days. Yes i agree that its not that but u reserve a device & should get it but lets be honest here, we are all getting worked up on this when reality is that if u want it, go to the store & get it. No one is holding anyone back other then people saying that Rogers is doing this & then giving them a free charger ( which has done this for many devices before) & such.. Yes we are ready to love our new devices & such but lets take a breather too! 

Lets all just calm down & enjoy our weekends. If u want the device, just head to a Best Buy or ur local Rogers store & get it!

wpd
I plan to stick around
I just suddenly dropped 14 positions . Either a bunch of people cancelled at once or possibly orders are being filled. Any of you low numbers move to in progress?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd

Hmm might be Rogers filling them slowly. We shall see

rawr4444
I plan to stick around

Some of us don't have working phones.   I've literally been dropping calls for the last month and my gps doesn't work.   So not everyone is in the same situation like you with a working phone so have some sympathy for the rest of us!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @rawr4444

I do have sympathy for the ones that do not have a working phone thus why I said u can walk into any store and get one at anytime correct?. That's what I am saying here.

The ones that don't have a working phone can anytime walk into a Rogers store and or Best buy and get a new phone without waiting. The ones that have a working phone I'm sure can wait a extra few days.

Patrick52
I plan to stick around
@rawr4444 in sorry if I sounded like Oh well for anyone else... 😎 I really hope all is well soon with your new phone I really mean that true to heart. Things are going to be all good real soon, but till then you have a good weekend. 😉

rawr4444
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix Yeah, my issue I was raising is that no stores have the 64GB model.    Oh well - it is the way it is I guess.   I called about 20 Rogers authorized dealers and all Best Buys with no luck.    Maybe I'll get up tomorrow and try again to see if they are getting Friday shipments in on Saturday.    Thanks for your feedback!

Babukb2
I plan to stick around

are you saying there is no difference between the fast wireless charging pad and the regular charging pad except for the wall plug?

the fast charging pad is clearly labeled fast charge and my understanding was that there is something different about the coils in the fast charge pad vs the regular wireless charge pad samsung gave with the S6

Patthe
I plan to stick around
This is what I got from Rogers :

Okay, the Samsung Edge Plus just came in market yesterday. Before that, you would have likely made a reservation for the phone. IT generally take between 5-7 business days for devices to be shipped. So you can expect the phone to be shipped within that time period.

Also since I reserve by phone im not eligible for the free wireless reservation 😞

Karthik_S
I'm here a lot

Hi,

I just wanted to follow up on this "free" wireless charger that is being offered by Rogers:

1. Is it only applicable to online reservation, whereby, you have to either renew your existing contract for the share everything plan or can this be applicable to "buy-out-right" devices and BYOD customers? How about corporate reservations as well, does the rule change if you are either renewing the contract or BYOD pricing of the H/W purchase?

3. On Samsung Page, the "fast" wireless charger is listed as the following:
Fast Charge Wireless Charging Pad
White Model #: EP-PN920TWEGUS

Black Model #: EP-PN920TBEGUS

URL: http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/EP-PN920TBEGUS

Is this the same one we are getting? 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Karthik_S

Yes that is the same one Rogers has. We got those with the S6 and S6 edge reservations

ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee
o__o" This topic has really blown up. Glad to see interests!

@Meowmix - I am starting to like Note 5 more ... Still waiting for my email for reservation but all and all, seems like a decent phone.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ShakTiburon

Honestly using it for a couple of days I like it but I'm sticking to my Note 4. Nothing has WOWED me to be honest lol

Patthe
I plan to stick around
For me I upgrade from the S5. For me the edge+ a big upgrade from the S5. Better fingerprint sensor, way bigger size, from 16 gb to 64. So for me it is a good upgrade. But if you already have a note not a big upgrade realy.
Topic Stats