cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone! 

As you noticed today Samsung announced the Galaxy Note 5. I watched the announcement at work while it was going on.  Here are some specs on it! 

• Android 5.1 Lollipop, TouchWiz
  • 5.7inch Quad-HD Super Amoled (2560×1440)
  • Exynos 7420 octa-core (2.1GHz quad + 1.5GHz quad) 64bit, 14nm
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 32 GB storage (No SD card slot) 
  • Non-removable 3,000 mAh battery with Fast Charging
  • 16MP rear camera F1.9 lens and OIS (optical image stabilization)
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
  • 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6mm
  • 171g
  • Wireless charging
  • SPen
  • 4G LTE enable

Rogers will be selling it for $359.99 on a 2-year term, $860 no-term  and the reservation system will be open as of August 14th. 

Rogers will be releasing this device ON August 21st in 32GB sapphire black it seems but hopefully they add the more GB later on. 

If you have any questions or concerns please post ANYTHING about the Note 5 and reservations here please and i will be able to assist you with any questions you have! 

Thanks! 🙂 

738 REPLIES 738

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Patthe
I plan to stick around

Ya I never bin too the store I trandfer from a corporate account to a normal account and did the update at same time. But good to know whay wondering about that. Thanks

Patrick52
I plan to stick around

When do you think they will be releasing the 64gb variant?

Patrick52
I plan to stick around

Sorry of the note5...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Patrick52

Honestly there is no time frame that will be accurate but from what I have seen with colors on devices, they release them months after but I have never seen Samsung release the same model but with bigger GB after the actual release of the device.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Patthe

You are welcome! Always here to help out!

rawr4444
I plan to stick around

Does anyone know when the S6 Edge+ 64GB model will be shipping?    I pre-ordered and am #2 in line but no movement yet!   The 32GB's are in the store, but not the 64?  Why would they let us pre-order the 64 if they didn't have stock for release date?

Andre_Avigdor
I plan to stick around

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Andre_Avigdor

Very nice!

kh29
I plan to stick around

all of you guys just go to best buy get the note 5 and s6 edge+ they have them in stock

Thanks @Andre_Avigdor!

Good to see some positive feedback on the device! 

Keep them coming Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

BBOK
I plan to stick around

Seeing as the reservation doesn't get me any priority and I am #150+ in the que I am tempted to cancel the reservation and wait for the 64gb model. Someone tell me why I am wrong? TIA

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @kh29

They only have a few as some of them are pre orders. I know our store only had 5 of the Note 5 of this morning but i would suggest calling before going.

Most want the free wireless charging pod that is why they are waiting,.

kh29
I plan to stick around

i have the samsung galaxy s6 edge, iam fine . thanks   

i was talking to the rest of the other guys who reserved them on rogers website

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @kh29

Yes & i said the same towards that as well. If you read my message, it refers to others as well

rjwilkin
I've been here awhile

What's stopping me from cancelling my reservation and picking one up in store?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @rjwilkin

Nothing is stopping you. You have the right to cancel the reservation & get it at your local Rogers store or Best buy store BUT you won't get the free wireless charging pad. That is the only thing. Other then that, nothing else.

Andre_Avigdor
I plan to stick around

So I called the local Roger store where my reserved Note 5 is supposed to be delivered and they received stock however they did not get the reserved units... The conversation felt like a Seinfeld episode where I was asking what's the point of getting the reserved unit if the non reserved unit is there 1st lol... one good point the sales rep made was that only the online orders get the free charger so if I go to pickup a Note 5 today I don't get the charger (which I want obviously!)... another incentive they are offering is $50 off when you bring in any device on trade as long as it turns on... I have my old Note 1 sitting in a closet at home which I will bring in... He thinks the reserved units will arrive either tomorrow or early next week...

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservatio​n numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Andre_Avigdor

That is correct. Most of the times Rogers ships out devices Friday nights & delivers them to the store Saturdays. This COULD happen tonight or early next week it will come. This does happen with every reservation ( those time frames)

AS for the reason, we all said in on here & so did the rep. Its ultimately your choice on which way u go. I would stick to waiting & get the free wireless charger if u have a working phone.

rjwilkin
I've been here awhile

That's really dumb. What was the point of reserving then.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @rjwilkin

Many points but again at this situation its not making anything good. With other reservations the first 100-200 had theirs shipped out or even more. The Note 4-5 had this issue only. ( Mind you the Apple iPhone 6 / 6+ had this issue too but that was due to Apple.)

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @rawr4444

The reservations are quite often shipped before the release date to the stores but it seems like there was a issue with this one here.

There is no way of finding out whats going on sadly. No one has had their device shipped & i know a few with Bell are still waiting as well with their pre orders.

Topic Stats