cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone! 

As you noticed today Samsung announced the Galaxy Note 5. I watched the announcement at work while it was going on.  Here are some specs on it! 

• Android 5.1 Lollipop, TouchWiz
  • 5.7inch Quad-HD Super Amoled (2560×1440)
  • Exynos 7420 octa-core (2.1GHz quad + 1.5GHz quad) 64bit, 14nm
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 32 GB storage (No SD card slot) 
  • Non-removable 3,000 mAh battery with Fast Charging
  • 16MP rear camera F1.9 lens and OIS (optical image stabilization)
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
  • 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6mm
  • 171g
  • Wireless charging
  • SPen
  • 4G LTE enable

Rogers will be selling it for $359.99 on a 2-year term, $860 no-term  and the reservation system will be open as of August 14th. 

Rogers will be releasing this device ON August 21st in 32GB sapphire black it seems but hopefully they add the more GB later on. 

If you have any questions or concerns please post ANYTHING about the Note 5 and reservations here please and i will be able to assist you with any questions you have! 

Thanks! 🙂 

738 REPLIES 738

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Partick52

You are that number across Canada for that model. The number will lower down if someone cancels their reservation OR Rogers started fulfilling them. Once your spot is IN PROGRESS, you will lose your number & the one next inline will take it.

I am #46 at this point -__-"
Feels like a long wait. 😧
So confused as to what to get. 😐
Are they only coming in 1 size?
I don't see a size variant.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

Yes its only going to be in 1 size unless Samsung lets the carriers release the 64GB model which I doubt that will happen due to their past track record.

Patthe
I plan to stick around

Note 5 only 32 gb, that why I pre order the note edge 64

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservatio​n numbers / Questions

Note edge is pre-order? 😛 @Patthe I think you mean S6 Edge+
Note edge is 1yr old (almost)

but 64GB or more is what I need. 😐
I think I might have to cancel reservation after all - I know I use cloud services but, I'm too old to keep up with all of this. I just... like my old ways of in-house storage. *sigh*

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Patthe

Thus why most left & went with the Edge+ or the Note 4 ( with SD card slot)

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

Yes I said that a couple of times & so did a few other users lol. The reservations for the edge + was up the same time that the Note 5 was up lol.... ( Not the Note edge lol)

Samsung has done this before bringing ONLY 1 type of GB model to Canada & making us suffer meanwhile they give the US & other countries bigger GB models.

Now with no SD card slot, the 64GB was needed here...

o__o"
I feel like going note 4 now, is pointless... argghh...

Patthe
I plan to stick around

Yes edge+. Im supose to be #1 in the list but never got any info from Rogers.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

Been saying that to most since the leaks & announcement of the Note 5. Just 32GB model you will only get lets say 24-27GB for your self. This leaves u space for apps, Music, Videos & such. if you record 4K videos it takes up a lot of space & if u have a lot of apps or music then ur space is all gone.

With a SD card slot, you would not have to worry about all that as all the pictures & videos can be saved on that card without touching the internal memory.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Patthe

You won't get anything unless it ships. You might get a email from Rogers saying that ur still on the list for reserving it but the only email u get is that its been shipped. Hopefully it changes tonight or Monday!.

Patthe
I plan to stick around

Should I call rogers?

I waited 2 years... (1 year to avoid Note 4) - I feel looking into iPhone, defeats the purpose of being Android.
Maybe a windows phone? lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Patthe

Even calling Rogers will not do much as the reps do not have access to the reservation system. The Reservation system is a back end system which normal call center or store reps can not see into. If you call in, all they will tell u is to wait or contact a store. Nothing else will be said

maybe you'll get email by tonight?
I don't think calling will help, Reservation system is back-end. It's linked to your account, but your account wouldn't have anything about your reservation as the phone itself isn't pending on your account.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

Well Windows is supposed to release a new high end device in the fall but we will see. ( Hopefully they do as Canada needs it & it makes or breaks them).

As for the iPhone, I might take that root soon.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

Yes I explained that to the user as well. The email will only come out if the reservation has been shipped. Since it has not even changed statuses to IN PROGRESS its possible it might not even be shipped tonight but it has happened before that it has. We shall see

@Meowmix
*route

I might go Windows, I wanted Siri or Cortana, since Windows 10 upgrade is going to be done by my soon, I might as well have Cortana on phone as well.

And @Patthe - you get the email once it ships, if it hasn't shipped, you aren't going to get that email.
Once it is shipped it waits and expects delivery (1 day to the store) that you can now pick it up.
Just wait. You are fine 🙂

Patthe
I plan to stick around

Just never paid for anything yet that what im worry about they will put the 500 ish on my account?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

Well Honestly Windows phones are nice & all but having Windows 10 on my laptop causing issues & lag & seeing customers at my work returning back their laptops due to this Windows 10 lag & issues are making me back off from the phones lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Patthe

Once the upgrade has been done at the store, the final price ( the 2yr pricing plus taxes) will be added to your next invoice which u need to pay.

Until the upgrade has been fully done & u have the device in ur hands, no charge will happen.

Topic Stats