cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone! 

As you noticed today Samsung announced the Galaxy Note 5. I watched the announcement at work while it was going on.  Here are some specs on it! 

• Android 5.1 Lollipop, TouchWiz
  • 5.7inch Quad-HD Super Amoled (2560×1440)
  • Exynos 7420 octa-core (2.1GHz quad + 1.5GHz quad) 64bit, 14nm
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 32 GB storage (No SD card slot) 
  • Non-removable 3,000 mAh battery with Fast Charging
  • 16MP rear camera F1.9 lens and OIS (optical image stabilization)
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
  • 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6mm
  • 171g
  • Wireless charging
  • SPen
  • 4G LTE enable

Rogers will be selling it for $359.99 on a 2-year term, $860 no-term  and the reservation system will be open as of August 14th. 

Rogers will be releasing this device ON August 21st in 32GB sapphire black it seems but hopefully they add the more GB later on. 

If you have any questions or concerns please post ANYTHING about the Note 5 and reservations here please and i will be able to assist you with any questions you have! 

Thanks! 🙂 

738 REPLIES 738

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions

wpd
I plan to stick around

I'm not in a hurry and would prefer to wait for the wireless charger anyway. That said, it would be nice for Rogers to finally be transparent with people an offer an ounce of respect to its customers. I know they won't as that will result in lost sales.

Andre_Avigdor
I plan to stick around

I am bumped up to #12 now... I called the Rogers store where I am supposed to pick it up and they said they are expecting the Note 5's to arrive at 2 PM... Fingers crossed lol

Hi everyone,

I would like to help provide some clarity on the Device Reservation System.

Have a look at our “ Things to know” section on our Rogers Reservation System page.

Hopes this helps

RogersAliciaG

Patthe
I plan to stick around

So will rogers call me? I am #1 for edge+ 64GB.?

wpd
I plan to stick around

Thanks RogersAliciaG. Nothing in the Things to Know explains what's occurring today. I get that we're not guaranteed " prior " to availability. This isn't prior to this is day of and yes, place in line counts as of today or when they are available. The problem is, Rogers appears to be directing stock to new activations rather than reservations. That's what's ticking people off.

So it looks like the people like myself that actually reserved the devices when they where 1st released last week won't be the 1st to get them?! I would say that's nuts, but it's not surprising after being a Rogers customer for 20+ years lol... If I cancel my online reservation and go to a local best buy store then I don't get the free wireless charger... I'll wait till 2PM when the store is supposed to get their allocation and will decide then what to do...

kh29
I plan to stick around

#wpd  

did you chance to get your note 5  at best buy

ruri
I plan to stick around

when people say they are getting their device from BestBuy, are they renewing their contracting or just buyout full price?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @ruri

You can only renew or open a new line. U can't buy it outright from them

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Andre_Avigdor

Honestly its up to u what u do. The free wireless charger is great but if u want the device right now, then go get it

mrtoeknee
I've been here awhile

Do we still get the wireless charger if we reserved online but plan to buy it outright? Sorry if this was answered already, i looked through most of the pages and didn't see an answer.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @mrtoeknee

Yes u will still get it if the store allows it :). Contact ur local Rogers

wpd
I plan to stick around

I'm not going to pick it up. I'd rather wait for the wireless pad.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @wpd

That's a choice I would have done. If my phone is working right now, I can wait for a couple of days for this one and get the wireless charger

Patrick52
I plan to stick around

I'm just going to hope it comes in today, but if not my trusty note 3 is still on deck till she comes in to replace her...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Patrick52

Hopefully but who knows. Most likely tonight for tomorrow or sometime next week.

I just call the store I set up for my reservation and like others have said, they actualy have the phone in stock but none are for "pre orders".

And I fully expect that those will still be there by the time I get mine. While I understand the notion that you want to lure new customers, You should try and accomedate your current clients. I'm at 251 in the line but I would think that rogers has more than 300 units nationwide.

Maybe it's time to chat with customer service.

mrtoeknee
I've been here awhile

Not to mention they won't sell their units outright. Even though I'm already an existing customer with them. Just called my store and they have units but won't sell to me.

Patrick52
I plan to stick around

I do have a question though because I'm new to reserving a phone, but I wonder why does it count down from the number you started from just a question?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Sunyang

The store stock was for walk-ins. The only time they get stock from the reservation is when its been shipped out. They do have more in stock but I do wonder why they have waited to ship out the reservations.

Customer service can not do anything as they have no way of seeing where the reservation is or get it faster to u or anything like that.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @mrtoeknee

Best buy does not either & same with the other carriers. Its on the contract with the manufactures for the carriers to have the devices. They are told to put them on a contract & wait a couple of days & then release them on outright purchases

Topic Stats